May 2011 Brides!

vlynnw

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey fellow B2B!  How is planning going?  We are seven months away!!  That time is going to fly by, especially after the holidays.  Any projects, rants, or raves yet?

I have 15 people booked so far.  No one in my wedding party has booked yet. rant.gif<<<<  I really want to act like this... but I smile!! 

Just ordered a few things off of Vistaprint, ordered my OOT bags.  I ordered these really cute waffle robes and matching slippers for my bridal party.... hmmm...

I haven't done much besides that.  I don't want to wait until the last minute to complete everything.

Any one contemplating mailing all their stuff over to the resort?  I really just don't want to deal with the hassle of extra luggage. 

I completely understand. We have had 24 people book so far, none of which include any of MY family, friends or bridesmaids!!!!! On the plus side all of the groomsmen have booked, and most of the grooms friends.

Originally Posted by missgomes View Post

Hey fellow B2B!  How is planning going?  We are seven months away!!  That time is going to fly by, especially after the holidays.  Any projects, rants, or raves yet?

I have 15 people booked so far.  No one in my wedding party has booked yet. rant.gif<<<<  I really want to act like this... but I smile!! 

Hi there.  Don't feel bad.  According to the list of people who say they are coming, I should have something like 60 guests.  Yeah, only one of them have booked so far.  Final payments are due March 1st.  I'm sure the majority will wait until a week or two before then.  I'm so excited to do my OOT bags don't want to start any of those projects until I have a better idea of who is really going to show up.  I wish I could ship things.  Palace resorts don't allow us to do so.

Originally Posted by missgomes View Post

Just ordered a few things off of Vistaprint, ordered my OOT bags.  I ordered these really cute waffle robes and matching slippers for my bridal party.... hmmm...

I haven't done much besides that.  I don't want to wait until the last minute to complete everything.

Any one contemplating mailing all their stuff over to the resort?  I really just don't want to deal with the hassle of extra luggage. 

So far our parents are the only ones booked.  Actually my parents have their flight and no room reservation yet.  I have no clue how many people are coming and I feel stuck like I can not prceed with OOT stuff or much else to be honest.  I have ordered my dress.  Thats about it.  Some days I feel anxious and other days I feel like I have time to take care of everything.  smile105.gif

I think people like to wait until the very last minute!! Its human nature...

I had a great group rate and deposits had to be put down before Sept 8th... we only had 6 people booked prior to Sept 8th! I almost had a heart attack because I thought no one was going to book! Then on Sept 8th... 33 people called my travel agent and put down deposits!!! What a bunch of procrastinators!! My poor travel agent was worked to death that day! haha

Originally Posted by Bride KSmith View Post

I completely understand. We have had 24 people book so far, none of which include any of MY family, friends or bridesmaids!!!!! On the plus side all of the groomsmen have booked, and most of the grooms friends.

I cant believe all of your groomsmen have booked!!  I think all the guys on my end will be the last.  My brother is giving me away and he hasn't even gotten his passport yet!!smile27.gif

Originally Posted by JennW818 View Post

Hi there.  Don't feel bad.  According to the list of people who say they are coming, I should have something like 60 guests.  Yeah, only one of them have booked so far.  Final payments are due March 1st.  I'm sure the majority will wait until a week or two before then.  I'm so excited to do my OOT bags don't want to start any of those projects until I have a better idea of who is really going to show up.  I wish I could ship things.  Palace resorts don't allow us to do so.

Aww no shipping?  So are you buying extra luggage?  What are your ideas for your OOT bags?  I bought them because I know I'll have about 35 rooms.  1 bag per couple, and a bag each for singles.  I ordered 60 bags.. either way it works.  The left overs I am using for our family Xmas party (no logos on them).

Originally Posted by eholt View Post

So far our parents are the only ones booked.  Actually my parents have their flight and no room reservation yet.  I have no clue how many people are coming and I feel stuck like I can not prceed with OOT stuff or much else to be honest.  I have ordered my dress.  Thats about it.  Some days I feel anxious and other days I feel like I have time to take care of everything.  smile105.gif

Yea, I havent bought anything for the bags.... I guess I wont be able to do that until January.  UGH!!  I just cannot imagine putting these bags together the night I get there... Sooo UNFAIR!!  Honestly, I even thought about maybe paying someone when we get there to help so it only lasts like seriously.. an hour!!  Horrible, right?!?!

Originally Posted by pineapplebride View Post

I think people like to wait until the very last minute!! Its human nature...

I had a great group rate and deposits had to be put down before Sept 8th... we only had 6 people booked prior to Sept 8th! I almost had a heart attack because I thought no one was going to book! Then on Sept 8th... 33 people called my travel agent and put down deposits!!! What a bunch of procrastinators!! My poor travel agent was worked to death that day! haha

LOL.. now that is funny!!  Your TA..... friday.gif  Talking to herself. LOL 

I so want to buy all my OOT items but can't because I as most of you have no idea exactly how many people are coming.  I'm assuming 20-25 max now since apparently grad school graduations are more important than my wedding sad.gif.  That's ok though, it will just save me some more money if they aren't all coming.  Our GM's are booked, and FI's mom and her best friend.  My BM's are waiting on funds even though I've tried to convince them they only need to pay $200 right now.  My parents are not booked, my mom is still working on her passport which I have called and nagged her about for almost everyday for the past 3 months. 

As for shipping things down to the resort I have thought about doing that.  I'm going to wait though and see how much stuff I really have to take with me in March and if it's a lot I'll ship it down before hand.

I know some people have already sent you their suggestions, I'm just so far behind on this thread!  I ran into this same problem, so wanted to share my solution.  The only place I have my registry info is a little tab on my wedding website and this is the below description:

"Our Dear Friends and Family,

In lieu of gifts, we truly only hope that you can celebrate our wedding with us in Riviera Maya, Mexico.

For those of you still curious about registry information, we've set up this honeymoon registry to help us fulfill our dream honeymoon!

Thanks for visiting and we can't wait to see you soon!"

We originally were not going to set up a registry at all, but you can get some scary gifts if you don't give people a little help :)

If anyone has better wording suggestions, I'm all ears!

Originally Posted by primavera View Post

I need your advice ladies. We weren't going to register for gifts, but now by the request of guests who cannot attend the wedding we have changed our mind. I want to add some wording on the registry page on our website to let people know that they do not have to buy us any gifts and their attendance is more than enough. Any suggestions as for how to word this so it comes out right?

Our payments are due the same time but so far I got the family all booked and the important friends, I am at 32 so anyone else is gravy. the only annoying thing is I can't start my OOT bags till I know a number. If i have less people then I thought i can get better stuff. In the meantime I spend my days buying Bathing suits and shoes :)

Originally Posted by JennW818 View Post

Originally Posted by vlynnw View Post

I so want to buy all my OOT items but can't because I as most of you have no idea exactly how many people are coming.  I'm assuming 20-25 max now since apparently grad school graduations are more important than my wedding sad.gif.  That's ok though, it will just save me some more money if they aren't all coming.  Our GM's are booked, and FI's mom and her best friend.  My BM's are waiting on funds even though I've tried to convince them they only need to pay $200 right now.  My parents are not booked, my mom is still working on her passport which I have called and nagged her about for almost everyday for the past 3 months. 

As for shipping things down to the resort I have thought about doing that.  I'm going to wait though and see how much stuff I really have to take with me in March and if it's a lot I'll ship it down before hand.