May 2011 Brides!

vlynnw

OMG!!! I feel like I've missed so much on here the last few days. 

Sandy- I LOVE your dress on you!

Update for me:  We've booked our room; date set for May 28, 2011, I put the deposit down on the dress from Alfred Angelo's, I picked out my bridesmaids dresses from Alfred Angelo and they are supposed to put a deposit down on their dresses by Oct. 15th, I sent out STDs the  beginning of July; I created our website and it's up and running valquishaandalan.com; we sent out booking information and requests via email asking everyone to put a deposit down on the trip by October 15th; I plan on sending out the invitations by November and asking people to book by January 7th - that's when the rate changes; we've decided on the photographer - the same one who did our engagement pictures - we're paying for travel and $600 for his services, he's doing the rehearsal dinner, getting ready pictures, the ceremony, and the reception.  He said he's willing to do the trash the dress session for $200; I'm waiting to hear back about the centerpieces because they quoted me $75 and I just can't see myself paying that much!

I'll keep you posted on how that works.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did a postcard STD thru Vistaprint as well as my RSVP's for my invites. And I'm making my own invites.

Originally Posted by primavera View Post

Quote:

I love the magnets but we're on a tight budget with a long guest list, so I thought 100 free postcards would be a more economical option ;) I have considered doing STDs by email as well, since we will hopefully send out the invites in another month or two. 50% or more of our guest list are in Europe so it would save time, money and be environmental friendly :) Not sure how to make an email still look pretty though....oh, decision, decisions.....

Originally Posted by elbachow View Post

Congratulations fellow May 2011 Brides :)

I'm happy I found you all to chat with. I'm a newbie & I wanna share my info:

I have booked my wedding at the Royal in Cancun for May 23, 2011. Got the photog and the dress. Waiting to get group rates from the resort to send out the passport invites - check out Ana de Roux's Passport Invitations... she's sooo creative! Can anyone tell me who they're using as a DJ and videographer and what you're doing for centerpieces? Gosh, I'd rather not spend $100 per floral centerpiece to have it go to waste at night... know what I'm saying????

Welcome!! I'm getting married at the Royal PDC! I think that they use DJ Doremixx for their house DJ @ Royal Cancun, but I know they do at PDC...that's who we are using because then you don't have to pay a vendor fee :-)

For centerpieces I have been brainstorming as well...I decided a long time ago I didn't feel like paying for floral centerpieces so I think I'm going to do small vases with some pebbles and flower picks with tea lights. My plan is just to bring stuff from home and put it together when I get down there. I figure that we're only going to have about 50 people so its not too many tables to put together. I'd love to hear everyone elses ideas too!!

Originally Posted by SKing24 View Post

Haha i just tried to check my own link and i can't check it because i dont have the rights to download attachments :)

This is exactly what happens to me!! I don´t know why!! I guess we have to have more points?

Originally Posted by elbachow View Post

Congratulations fellow May 2011 Brides :)

I'm happy I found you all to chat with. I'm a newbie & I wanna share my info:

I have booked my wedding at the Royal in Cancun for May 23, 2011. Got the photog and the dress. Waiting to get group rates from the resort to send out the passport invites - check out Ana de Roux's Passport Invitations... she's sooo creative! Can anyone tell me who they're using as a DJ and videographer and what you're doing for centerpieces? Gosh, I'd rather not spend $100 per floral centerpiece to have it go to waste at night... know what I'm saying????

$100  per floral centerpieces??  My WC has suggested  very nice and romantic ones for less than $35!  The only thing I want to worry about when I travel to Cancun is my dress! check them out.Submerged Calla Lily Centerpiece $35.00.jpgyellow.jpgizq alto_1.jpg