17Nov   JoanneIreland    Barcelo Maya Palace

18Nov   Bacchetta2Be   Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

24Nov   JLMS                Sandos Playacar

#72 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
    • Banned
    • 630 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:15 PM

My resort will not allow me to ship any items before hand, so I have to be able to fit all of the welcome bag items in suitcases/duffel bags.  For that reason I am not doing any bulky items like towels.  Also, whichever OOT bags I choose will have to pack flat.  

My guys are wearing linen pants and long-sleeved linen shirts with the sleeves rolled up on the forearm (that is my favorite look for a guy).  My fiance will be wearing a white linen shirt with khaki linen pants while while the groomsmen will be wearing light blue linen shirts with the khaki linen pants.  My colors are light blue and navy blue (my BM will be wearing a navy blue dress).  My fiance wanted shorts, but I refused :-)

Originally Posted by Bacchetta2Be 

My hang up this week is ...

what to put in the 'welcome bags'

how to get the 'welcome bag' items to the resort lol

and what the guys should wear!! (we dont want to do suits)

any help would be amazing!!

happy planing ladies

#73 nadennec

nadennec
      • 215 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

Need help - If my wedding is November 11, 2011, I just have beagn sending out my save the dates (first batch arrived to guesta this past wednesday), what should I have on my website as my book by date? My travel agent is sagguesting I put one up to give poeple more urgency, but my FI thinks its too soon to expect people to have a "due date". I dont want to feel like I'm pressuring people, but i also dont want the hotel to get booked and miss out on getting a room. What has everyone else done?

Nadenne C

#74 Pucca

Pucca
        • 485 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

Congratulations! I'm getting married on the same day! 

Need help - If my wedding is November 11, 2011, I just have beagn sending out my save the dates (first batch arrived to guesta this past wednesday), what should I have on my website as my book by date? My travel agent is sagguesting I put one up to give poeple more urgency, but my FI thinks its too soon to expect people to have a "due date". I dont want to feel like I'm pressuring people, but i also dont want the hotel to get booked and miss out on getting a room. What has everyone else done?

#75 angi111111

angi111111
          • 108 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by nadennec 

our date is also 11-11-11 ~ VERY POPULAR DATE! for this reason we suggested everyone be booked by September 1st. We have to give a final count to the WC for our private dinner 45 days in advance. BUT we have been encouraging people to book as soon as they possibly can. Due to the popularity of the date, the resort is filling up fast! And airfare is going up! Don't worry about pressuring, if they can go....they will!  

#76 angi111111

angi111111
            • 108 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

My fabulous FI is pretty set on wearing shorts!! I finally went along with him. I figure it is his day too and he is such a laid back, easy going guy, it actually fits! The GMs are very happy, as well as some of our guy guests! Our ceremony is on the beach at 3:00 with a Mexican cocktail hour and beach BBQ reception dinner following. I think it will be just fine...

I am looking at the Tommy Bahama web site~Linen shorts with Linen shirts! Haven't decided yet on which ones tho....

Good Luck with your plans~ Jamaica is Great!!

Hello Laides !!

November is going to be here before any of us know it!

Our date is November 18th 2011 - it's our 5 year anniversary! 

We're getting married on the beach at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Montego Bay Jamaica 

The save the dates are finished printed and assembled and will be mailed out this week!

The wedding & travel arrangements are booked and paid.

I found THE dress & bridesmaid dresses ... however neither have been purchased. 

My hang up this week is ...

what to put in the 'welcome bags'

how to get the 'welcome bag' items to the resort lol

and what the guys should wear!! (we dont want to do suits)

any help would be amazing!!

happy planing ladies

2011-02-27 16.33.51.jpg

#77 Bacchetta2Be

Bacchetta2Be
              • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:03 AM

Thank you clgriffi7 & angi111111

I'm in the same boat that if I have to travel with everything it's going to be small non-bulky items! You're suggestions and advice are very helpful!! I love the look of the linen pants, but my FI too is pretty laid back and has really good looking legs and looks amazing in shorts, LoL!! and i couldn't agree more, men in long sleeve buttondowns rolled up is pretty amazing looking!!

You guys rock!! 

#78 nadennec

nadennec
                • 215 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:55 AM

What about a deposit "due date"? I think my travel agent is wanting to put like April or May 1st for deposits down. What do yall think?

Originally Posted by Pucca 

Congratulations! I'm getting married on the same day! 

our date is also 11-11-11 ~ VERY POPULAR DATE! for this reason we suggested everyone be booked by September 1st. We have to give a final count to the WC for our private dinner 45 days in advance. BUT we have been encouraging people to book as soon as they possibly can. Due to the popularity of the date, the resort is filling up fast! And airfare is going up! Don't worry about pressuring, if they can go....they will!  

Nadenne C

#79 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                  • 860 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

Bacchetta2Be, you are the day after me!! Who are you using for a photographer? I am weighing up using someone local or flying one in.

#80 BrideMoka

BrideMoka
                    • 155 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:58 PM

I chose Maya, sp happy so far will let you know how it was!!!

Originally Posted by karielk 

We will get married on November 11, 2011, but we're still in the process of choosing a resort. We're probably inviting around 80-90 people with no idea of how many are coming. After lots of planning complications, we decided to fly in our own rabbi and priest, so we can have a joint ceremony.

Unlike most folks, we'd rather do an indoor (or at least covered, off the beach) ceremony and reception. We figure we'll get plenty of gorgeous beach time during the rest of our stay in Mexico. =)

I mentioned this on in the newbie area, but the resorts we're considering are:

Gran Caribe Real
                      Sandos Playacar/Caracol Eco Resort/Riviera Beach
                      Barcelo Maya Beach/Costa Cancun/Tucancun Beach
                      Dreams Cancun/Riviera Cancun/Tulum/Puerto Aventuras

If anyone has thoughts on these, let me know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users