Photo

November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)

• Please log in to reply
802 replies to this topic

#721 leigh2011

leigh2011
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

Taryn - The location for your ceremony looked beautiful and Joanne is right that you and David make a good looking couple

Congratulations and welcome back.

#722 leigh2011

leigh2011
    • 277 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

Joanne - Having to change things in 2 countries would be soo much worse.  I am sure immigration lawyers have dealt with this situation a lot and can definitely advise you on the best way to go about things.

So my DMV trek was uneventful - I think going on any day other than Friday is probably a good idea.  I have started the process at work with my HR department and signed my first documents with my new name.  I changed my name in my email signature and sent my husband an email and his response was "I just got chills! YAY! ", which I thought was sweet.  My state takes your picture at the DMV office and then mails your new license to you, so I think I will have to wait to change more things (like bank accounts and such) until that arrives in the mail.  But I think I am done having to present my marriage license and new social security card, so it may be time to send off the passport.

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

I haven't started yet but I'm not looking forward to it!! I started making a list of all the things that need to be changed and it's LONG, plus the cost of new passport and stuff. Plus I have to change everything in US and in Ireland, going to be painful, think I will wait until the new year. Also need to wait until I talk to my immigration lawyer first as all my legal paperwork and green card is in my maiden name, so need to know what official steps I need to take, last thing I need is to get deported, LOL! Plus I want to make sure that it doesn't affect anything if I change my name and am applying for dual citizenship, will need to ensure I have same name legally in both countries.

#723 JBean

JBean
      • 429 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:18 AM

Wow - you guys look fantastic!

Originally Posted by sxcT 

Hi ladies!!  Sorry but I've been so busy with trying to get photos up and online for everyone else to see and I kind of neglected my lovely Nov brides.  So sorry!  Also, it took a while to get some good ones from my guests.  No one used my camera so I had to wait to see what others had.  I know the pro pics are going to look so amazing.  Haven't received any teasers from La Luna yet but the ones they showed me on their camera that day were absolutely amazing!!  Can't wait to share those once they come.

Here are a few pics I have.  David and the bridal party danced down the aisle to "Don't Wanna Go Home" by Jason Derulo.  They did a fantastic job....especially David.

My mom rode with me in the carriage and walked me down the long path and my dad walked me down the aisle.  It was perfect!!

Taryn - love the pictures! You look beautiful! Waiting for pro pics can be excruciating! lol! I'm waiting on ours, although the photographer did share some of them on FB aside from the select prints he gave us while we were still in Mexico. 

Sounds like the name change process is a pain.... I'm not changing my name so thank goodness for that! 

Question about the photographer - how long are you all having to wait for your pics? My photographer contract said 2 weeks, which I know is FAST so I'm trying not to be upset that he's 8 days overdue... but he shouldn't put 2 weeks in the contract if he can't deliver in 2 weeks. A bride gets her hopes up!!! lol.

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
        Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
        Bride & Groom + 29

#724 sxcT

sxcT
        • 1,282 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:06 AM

Wow 2 weeks.  You are very very lucky.  Mine is 8-12 weeks.  Hoping I have them in time for the AHR otherwise I'll freak!! 

Originally Posted by JBean 

Wow - you guys look fantastic!

Question about the photographer - how long are you all having to wait for your pics? My photographer contract said 2 weeks, which I know is FAST so I'm trying not to be upset that he's 8 days overdue... but he shouldn't put 2 weeks in the contract if he can't deliver in 2 weeks. A bride gets her hopes up!!! lol.

#725 SarahBen2011

SarahBen2011
          • 178 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

Our photographer said 6 weeks.... which is reallllly pushing it for our AHR!  We'll see!  But in the meantime she just posted a blog with teaser pictures and I'm in love.  With the pictures!!!!  And my new hubby of course :-)  Here it is!!!!!!

#726 JBean

JBean
            • 429 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

Wow - amazing photos!! Beautiful!

Originally Posted by SarahBen2011 

Our photographer said 6 weeks.... which is reallllly pushing it for our AHR!  We'll see!  But in the meantime she just posted a blog with teaser pictures and I'm in love.  With the pictures!!!!  And my new hubby of course :-)  Here it is!!!!!!

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
              Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
              Bride & Groom + 29

#727 sxcT

sxcT
              • 1,282 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

Great photos Sarah!!  You are so lucky.  No teasers for me.  Waiting is so hard.

#728 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                • 860 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

OMG Sarah I adore your photos!! Fabulous photographer!!

We hired Ivan Luckie and his contract is 2 months, said we'll have the pics sometime in January. He has already told us there will be no teasers, but hopefully he'll release one we can use for Thank You cards. Thank God we will be pre-occupied with Christmas and New Years to try and put it out of our heads!

If you are 8 days past a 2 week turn around time, I would wait until a few days past the weekend and maybe on Tuesday or Wednesday send a nice friendly email inquiring when you might expect them as family are expecting them in time for AHR.

Can't wait to see all your photos!!

#729 carrieb258

carrieb258
                  • 216 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

Hey girls, 

I have just posted my wedding review if any of you fancy reading it - there are plenty of pics too :-) Happy reading xxx

http://www.bestdesti...ad#post_1703202

#730 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                    • 860 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:40 AM

Great review Carrie!! You look amazing, can't wait to see more pics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users