I have to say that I didn't feel too excited when I got my dress back from the alterations lady either. I think when you try on your dress and it isn't for the actual wedding, then it isn't as exciting. And I completely understand about the dress envy....I bought my dress in June 2010 really soon after I started shopping - and I keep wondering if I had tried on more dresses if I would have found something better. But I try to limit those thoughts because there is nothing I can do about it at this point and I do still "like" my dress. Is it bad to think about a vow renewal dress before you are married?
You certainly have a lot more stressors than the average bride, but let me try and put a few in perspective:
Originally Posted by JoanneIreland
Just got home not so long ago from picking up my wedding dress, and I expected to feel all this excitement butI honestly don't. Did anyone else feel the same??
Instead I am feeling so stressed and anxious. I am putting this down to some of the following :
- Legal wedding is 8 days away and we still don't have my wedding band
remember this isn't the real ceremony - it won't feel real (just surreal) - so don't stress about this one...just let it happen
- We leave for Mexcio in 10 days and still have a million things to do
one thing at a time...all you can do is make a list and start crossing them off
- Hurricanes and rain in Mexico .... say no more on that
you will be there for 3 weeks, so you will absolutely have plenty of days of beautiful weather
- My best friend telling me this past Monday that she is now not going (haven't heard from her anymore by the way)
just breathe on this one - what is done is done, try not to think about this one too much until you get back - nothing you can do right now
- My fiance's two sister's are not speaking to each other
You have to let this one go - besides a seating chart for the reception where they are not together - THIS IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM! If need be, you will need to pull each one of them aside separately and remind them that 1) this is their brother's wedding and they need to behave for the length of the trip so as not to stress him out and cause any health problems for him and 2) this is YOUR wedding and you don't have time to be a referee.
- Every single time I look at the "show us your dress" page I question my dress and envy everyone elses
and after seeing the cover of your BD book, they would all be envious of you!! (between your front and Taryn's back side - we have some hotties in the November thread)
- All my family are in Ireland and I got dress in US so have had no one here to advise and guide me through the fittings
the one benefit to this is that they will all be so surprised when they see you in it for the first time - good chance your mother might cry!
- I'm an older bride and have this fear of being "mutton dressed as lamb", make sense?
not sure I understand the phrase, but I am certainly no spring chicken myself - from what I have seen, you are a hottie dressed as a bride!
- My fiance has MS and stress is something that absolutely triggers attacks so am trying to deal with everything by myself without burdening him
once your family arrives, see if there is anything you can delegate to family - you know they will be more than happy to help you - because they love you and will see how stressed you are
- Weight .... harder to control the older I get
once again, from the BD pic, you are in amazing shape....
- Family flying in from Ireland in a couple of days and house is like a pig sty with all the wedding stuff every where
remember to delegate - if it is wedding stuff, then your place isn't "dirty" - so you are okay...they will understand!!!! If you are really worried about it, just warn them before they get there so it isn't a surprise.
- My sister who is my only bridesmaid/MOH recently found out her husband was having an affair so he has been uninvited (which she wanted), but I am so worried about how hard this event must be on her, you know her marriage ending and mine starting.
this one is very tough - but remember, she will want you to be happy regardless of how she is feeling inside
- EXHAUSTION! Am so tired, and because of the snow here and the rush hour traffic it took me 2+ hours in EACH direction to pick up my dress
when you look at the snow think of the sandy beaches and gorgeous blue water and that you will be there for 3 WEEKS....that has to make you smile at least for a second!!
I love this forum because it's always so happy and upbeat, so I am very sorry for posting this, but I honestly think I am having a freak out.
Just breathe. We are here for you...