Jump to content

Photo

November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)


  • Please log in to reply
802 replies to this topic

#431 sxcT

sxcT
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,282 posts

    Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:59 PM



    Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

    Sarah don't you just love when you check another thing off the list?!?!?! My only problem is that sometimes when I tick one thing off, I end up adding another 2-3 things, LOL!

     

    What's everyone doing for a Groom's gift? I did a BD shoot and am making a photobook, but wondering if I should get something else too that he can tell his family and friends about?


    I am also doing a BD shoot but I got him personalized collar stays and a personalized tie clip from Red Envelope.  He wears a suit everyday so I know he will love them.  I got to put whatever I wanted on the collar stays. 

     



    #432 SarahBen2011

    SarahBen2011
    • Jr. Member
    • 178 posts

      Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:02 PM

      Hmm good call... I also did a BD shoot and want to get him something else as a more "traditional" gift.

       

      He really liked the cigar cases we got the GM... so maybe I'll surprise him and order one of those?



      #433 JoanneIreland

      JoanneIreland
      • Member
      • 860 posts

        Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:27 PM


        I had never heard of a collar stay before and just had to look it up, what a great idea! And even better it can be personalized! Your FI will love it if he wears a suit every day.
         

        Originally Posted by sxcT 

        I am also doing a BD shoot but I got him personalized collar stays and a personalized tie clip from Red Envelope.  He wears a suit everyday so I know he will love them.  I got to put whatever I wanted on the collar stays. 

         



         


        I'll have to check out that site about the cigar cases. My FI loves cigars (I hate them, but can't complain too much as we both quit smoking cigarettes, 4 years ago for me and 3 for him, so it beats that!), so maybe that would be a nice gift for him. Thanks for the idea!
         

        Originally Posted by SarahBen2011 

        Hmm good call... I also did a BD shoot and want to get him something else as a more "traditional" gift.

         

        He really liked the cigar cases we got the GM... so maybe I'll surprise him and order one of those?



        For the Photobook, is everyone using My Publisher? I'm about to place my order in the next few days, just tweaking the pages at the moment. Also are you giving it before you go away, or having someone deliver the morning of the wedding at your destination? I really really want to gift wrap mine and have someone drop it off to my FI the morning of the wedding, but I'm nervous about going through customs with it or having anyone at all besides future hubby seeing it! Definitely won't put it in checked luggage, but my family are flying to Boston from Ireland and we are then all flying to Mexico together so will be so paranoid with the book in my carry on, LOL!

         



        #434 sxcT

        sxcT
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,282 posts

          Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:38 AM

          I plan on using either Mixbook or another site that lets you create photo albums.  I'll have to check out My Publisher. 

           

          I think if you wrap it up as a present there is no way anyone would be able to see it except your FI.  I plan on giving it to him the day of and making sure he knows its for "his eyes only"!!  :)
           

          Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

          I had never heard of a collar stay before and just had to look it up, what a great idea! And even better it can be personalized! Your FI will love it if he wears a suit every day. 

           

          I'll have to check out that site about the cigar cases. My FI loves cigars (I hate them, but can't complain too much as we both quit smoking cigarettes, 4 years ago for me and 3 for him, so it beats that!), so maybe that would be a nice gift for him. Thanks for the idea! 

          For the Photobook, is everyone using My Publisher? I'm about to place my order in the next few days, just tweaking the pages at the moment. Also are you giving it before you go away, or having someone deliver the morning of the wedding at your destination? I really really want to gift wrap mine and have someone drop it off to my FI the morning of the wedding, but I'm nervous about going through customs with it or having anyone at all besides future hubby seeing it! Definitely won't put it in checked luggage, but my family are flying to Boston from Ireland and we are then all flying to Mexico together so will be so paranoid with the book in my carry on, LOL!

           



           



          #435 Pucca

          Pucca
          • Jr. Member
          • 485 posts

            Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:35 AM

            I'm pondering this. May end up getting him a record player which he's wanted for a long time. Other thoughts were nice, polarized sunglasses since his are getting beat up right now, or a nice watch. 

             

            Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

            Sarah don't you just love when you check another thing off the list?!?!?! My only problem is that sometimes when I tick one thing off, I end up adding another 2-3 things, LOL!

             

            What's everyone doing for a Groom's gift? I did a BD shoot and am making a photobook, but wondering if I should get something else too that he can tell his family and friends about?



             



            #436 JoanneIreland

            JoanneIreland
            • Member
            • 860 posts

              Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:15 PM

              My hubby to be is out on a job so I am home working on my BD book to him. Want to order soon to esnure it's here on time, you think this is an OK cover?

               

              COVER.png



              #437 alysam4785

              alysam4785
              • Jr. Member
              • 176 posts

                Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

                Joanne I think it is great! I;m wishing I did one now lol

                 

                Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

                My hubby to be is out on a job so I am home working on my BD book to him. Want to order soon to esnure it's here on time, you think this is an OK cover?

                 

                COVER.png



                 



                #438 JBean

                JBean
                • Jr. Member
                • 429 posts

                  Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:50 AM

                  We're doing the legal this on Oct 29th - also all business, no kiss, no rings. I'll probably wear jeans. We picked up the license yesterday - kind of a surreal feeling! 

                   

                  I went for my (almost) last fitting today! I pick up the dress next weekend, if all goes well! Slowly crossing things off the never-ending "to do" list!
                   

                   


                  Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
                  Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
                  Bride & Groom + 29


                  #439 leigh2011

                  leigh2011
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 277 posts

                    Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

                    I think that cover is fantastic!  It is the perfect teaser picture.....
                     

                    Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

                    My hubby to be is out on a job so I am home working on my BD book to him. Want to order soon to esnure it's here on time, you think this is an OK cover?

                     

                    COVER.png



                     



                    #440 leigh2011

                    leigh2011
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 277 posts

                      Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

                      So it is technically Sunday now and I am getting married today!  It feels so odd because I feel the weight of the commitment that I am about to make but there isn't all of the hoopla of a big wedding.  I left work on Friday with just a few people knowing what was going to happen and I will return on Monday as if nothing has changed.  It is all so weird.

                       

                      On Thursday I took my bridal portraits with the photographer that is coming to Mexico with us... below is the teaser picture he sent me Thursday night:

                      courtney-103.jpg






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users