Jump to content

Photo

November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)


  • Please log in to reply
802 replies to this topic

#351 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
  • Member
  • 860 posts

    Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

    Laughing reading this because I am happy I am not the only one thinking like this!!
    I've been lying in bed at night going through clothes in my head and picking the outfits that need the minimum amount of shoes to pack, LOL how sad am I??!!

    Am only packing evening clothes that will go with silver or gold dress shoes, and am now going to start on the "day" clothes and casual stuff. I;m away for 20 days so this will be hard!!

    So glas swim wear doesn't take up much space. Would be having nightmares if this were a 3 week WINTER trip!!
     

    Originally Posted by Pucca 

    I don't think you're a nerd at all, cuz if you are, then so am I!  I always plan my outfits when I travel, even if it's casual! And I'm crazy. I pack a week or two ahead of time and then check my luggage or re-pack a night or two before I leave. 

     



     



     



    #352 Pucca

    Pucca
    • Jr. Member
    • 485 posts

      Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:14 PM

      LOL! Makes me feel better too that I'm not alone in this! Not sad at all Joanne!! I start with "must take shoes" sometimes if I'm stuck about what clothes to pack. Sometimes I make a list to get me started because I think beginning to actually pack so early is really crazy. But I do have an excuse this time considering I am packing up to move before leaving for Mexico. So I wanna make sure I have everything I want to take already in the suitcase so I'm not stressed out looking for it after the move. 

       

      Thankfully we're only gone for 8 days! Less to pack. If I were going to be gone for 20 days I'd definitely start packing now! lol! And I hate packing for winter trips. I prefer packing for summer trips. Hee hee. 
       

      Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

      Laughing reading this because I am happy I am not the only one thinking like this!!
      I've been lying in bed at night going through clothes in my head and picking the outfits that need the minimum amount of shoes to pack, LOL how sad am I??!!

      Am only packing evening clothes that will go with silver or gold dress shoes, and am now going to start on the "day" clothes and casual stuff. I;m away for 20 days so this will be hard!!

      So glas swim wear doesn't take up much space. Would be having nightmares if this were a 3 week WINTER trip!!
       



       



       



      #353 JoanneIreland

      JoanneIreland
      • Member
      • 860 posts

        Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

        ROFL, you are too funny!

        I started moving "clothes for Mexico" into one of the guest rooms closet. Yup it's official, I am going insane.

        When I retire I'm starting my own business in Mexico ..... fashion clothes and shoes for rent to foreign brides. I reckon I'm on to something!!

         


         

        Originally Posted by Pucca 

        LOL! Makes me feel better too that I'm not alone in this! Not sad at all Joanne!! I start with "must take shoes" sometimes if I'm stuck about what clothes to pack. Sometimes I make a list to get me started because I think beginning to actually pack so early is really crazy. But I do have an excuse this time considering I am packing up to move before leaving for Mexico. So I wanna make sure I have everything I want to take already in the suitcase so I'm not stressed out looking for it after the move. 

         

        Thankfully we're only gone for 8 days! Less to pack. If I were going to be gone for 20 days I'd definitely start packing now! lol! And I hate packing for winter trips. I prefer packing for summer trips. Hee hee. 
         



         



         



        #354 bondgirl0072010

        bondgirl0072010
        • Member
        • 789 posts

          Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

          If anyone needs my spreadsheet from packing for my destination wedding and honeymoon last year, feel free to email me at redibychelsea@gmail.com! Best of luck, ladies!



          #355 sxcT

          sxcT
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,282 posts

            Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:42 AM

            LOL you girls are hilarious!!  I am right there with you.  I have thought about the clothes and shoes I'm bringing so many times.  I move 1 month before we fly out so I am glad I have time to settle in and then pack.  I am just like you Pucca and I always bring my suitcase out 1-2 weeks before vacation and start throwing things in there and then pack and re-pack right before.  This time I think I'll probably start packing things in the suitcase before the move and just leave them there to make things easier.  Oh and my wonderful FI just bought be a 3 pc luggage set that I wanted so bad.  Its TURQUOISE!!!  Can't wait to use them for the wedding. 

             

            I have already purchased 2 pairs of wedges I plan on bringing with me (totally justified the purchase since I don't have any haha) - one white, one black - then I plan on bringing just 1-2 pairs of heels to wear at night and then my favorite flip flops of course - including the pair I bedazzled myself!!

             

            I made rhinestone BM tank tops that say "Brides Entourage" for all the girls and bedazzled flip flops for them so I plan on giving them out early and asking them all to wear them on the plane.  I think it will be so cute to have the group matching!! 

             

            And I keep thinking about the bathing suits I want to buy but I'm not ready to do that shopping yet.  I think I'd end up seeing too many others before we leave and buy way too many.  I have 2 I bought during the summer and I'm dying to wear but I definitely need some more...RIGHT?? 



            #356 JBean

            JBean
            • Jr. Member
            • 429 posts

              Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:49 AM

              I have been looking all over for the perfect wedges!! Not an easy task this time of year.  This packing has turned into shopping, lol. All the items I think would complete an outfit, I now "must have". 

              LOL you girls are hilarious!!  I am right there with you.  I have thought about the clothes and shoes I'm bringing so many times.  I move 1 month before we fly out so I am glad I have time to settle in and then pack.  I am just like you Pucca and I always bring my suitcase out 1-2 weeks before vacation and start throwing things in there and then pack and re-pack right before.  This time I think I'll probably start packing things in the suitcase before the move and just leave them there to make things easier.  Oh and my wonderful FI just bought be a 3 pc luggage set that I wanted so bad.  Its TURQUOISE!!!  Can't wait to use them for the wedding. 

               

              I have already purchased 2 pairs of wedges I plan on bringing with me (totally justified the purchase since I don't have any haha) - one white, one black - then I plan on bringing just 1-2 pairs of heels to wear at night and then my favorite flip flops of course - including the pair I bedazzled myself!!

               

              I made rhinestone BM tank tops that say "Brides Entourage" for all the girls and bedazzled flip flops for them so I plan on giving them out early and asking them all to wear them on the plane.  I think it will be so cute to have the group matching!! 

               

              And I keep thinking about the bathing suits I want to buy but I'm not ready to do that shopping yet.  I think I'd end up seeing too many others before we leave and buy way too many.  I have 2 I bought during the summer and I'm dying to wear but I definitely need some more...RIGHT?? 



               


              Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
              Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
              Bride & Groom + 29


              #357 carrieb258

              carrieb258
              • Jr. Member
              • 216 posts

                Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

                Lol you girls are hilarious I am right there with you!!! I started putting my outfits together like 3 weeks ago they have been in the spare room in the case since then. I have picked my bikinis, and the outfits for the evenings just need to pick shoes and jewellery lol. 

                 

                We are so sad arent we? We fly 6 weeks yesterday and I am too excited!!! 

                 

                I may have to start buying jewellery!!! 



                #358 sxcT

                sxcT
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,282 posts

                  Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:59 AM

                  Well I love shopping online even though sizes can be tricky.  I prefer the websites with free return shipping just in cases the sizes are not right.  zappos.com and heels.com and my favs so far.  Check them out for wedges and tons of other stuff.
                   

                  Originally Posted by JBean 

                  I have been looking all over for the perfect wedges!! Not an easy task this time of year.  This packing has turned into shopping, lol. All the items I think would complete an outfit, I now "must have".   

                   


                   



                   



                   



                  #359 sxcT

                  sxcT
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,282 posts

                    Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

                    To add to my checked OFF list....

                     

                    - I decided on a hair stylist to do a trial and my wedding day hair

                    - figured out the table arrangements for the reception (it was driving me nuts!! - have a mom and dad w/ step-mom that need to be completely separated LOL)

                    - purchased the chair sashes, table runners and napkins

                    - FI surprised me with a suitcase set for the wedding!!!

                     

                    Major things still left....

                    - MUSIC PLAYLISTS!!!  aaaaahhhh

                    - remaining items for OOT bags

                    - parents gifts

                    - make appts at resort for spa/salon

                    - waiting for BM dresses to arrive (mid Oct)

                    - waiting for my dress to arrive (next week supposedly)!!! 

                     



                    #360 anudrm

                    anudrm
                    • Member
                    • 760 posts

                      Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

                      And where did you purchase your table linens from?
                       

                      Originally Posted by sxcT 

                      To add to my checked OFF list....

                       

                      - I decided on a hair stylist to do a trial and my wedding day hair

                      - figured out the table arrangements for the reception (it was driving me nuts!! - have a mom and dad w/ step-mom that need to be completely separated LOL)

                      - purchased the chair sashes, table runners and napkins

                      - FI surprised me with a suitcase set for the wedding!!!

                       

                      Major things still left....

                      - MUSIC PLAYLISTS!!!  aaaaahhhh

                      - remaining items for OOT bags

                      - parents gifts

                      - make appts at resort for spa/salon

                      - waiting for BM dresses to arrive (mid Oct)

                      - waiting for my dress to arrive (next week supposedly)!!! 

                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users