Photo

November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)

• Please log in to reply
802 replies to this topic

#321 sxcT

sxcT
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

I am getting a bit anxious.  I have so much done but I feel like there are so many things going on before we leave (moving, bridal shower, legal paperwork) that it's getting me worried that I'm gonna forget something or be running around the last few days.  Thankfully we leave very late on a Mon night so I have all weekend to pack and double check my lists.  Oct is almost here!!  It will feel so close next month. 

#322 alysam4785

alysam4785
    • 176 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:32 PM

I am definitely getting nervous now... I leave for Mexico in 5 weeks from Sunday! I have a lot of stuff completed already but still feel anxious about what I have left to do. I need to get my dress altered still! Luckily it just needs a hem and a bustle. Also need to get legally married. I was running around for hours today trying to find Jewelry and a possible reception dress...failed at both. I also need to get gifts for our parents and my future husband.  Oh and figure out what i want to do for table numbers/ place cards and a guest book.What do you guys have left on your to do list at this point?

#323 FutureMrsDawson

FutureMrsDawson
      • 154 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

Wait, you have to buy gifts for your future in-laws?  What's with that?  That wasn't anywhere on my list of things to do.

#324 alysam4785

alysam4785
        • 176 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

well so far i just had a customized hanky made for my fmil.... His parents do a lot for us...so a gift is wasn't ever a question for me i guess.

Originally Posted by FutureMrsDawson 

Wait, you have to buy gifts for your future in-laws?  What's with that?  That wasn't anywhere on my list of things to do.

#325 sxcT

sxcT
          • 1,282 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:18 AM

Yea the gifts for all parents is tough.  We have 5 to think of.  And then I think well if we do them should I do by G-ma (only grandparent there)?  Well if we do her should we do the Aunts that are coming (no uncles around)?  Ugh!!  More stress 

#326 FutureMrsDawson

FutureMrsDawson
            • 154 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:48 AM

Ok - if I have to add this, does anyone have any other gift suggestions for their in-laws?  I'm going to have to get shopping but I don't know where to start.

#327 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
              • 860 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:27 AM

We have already told both sets of parents that when we get our professional pictures we will be making them photobooks as a keepsake.

We also plan on getting a picture of each family made into a canvas portrait.

For my parents I got them each a personalized wedding photo frame (for a pic after wedding).

Also got both mum's their wedding jewely.

Got the parents personalized OOT bags and added some extras other guests don't have (personalized t-shirts and such).

From this forum I got an idea from another bride for a personalized poem for MIL that I am having framed.

Oh and on the day itself we will pay for moms to have their hair and makeup done.

Originally Posted by FutureMrsDawson 

Ok - if I have to add this, does anyone have any other gift suggestions for their in-laws?  I'm going to have to get shopping but I don't know where to start.

#328 sxcT

sxcT
                • 1,282 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:37 AM

Great ideas!!!

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

We have already told both sets of parents that when we get our professional pictures we will be making them photobooks as a keepsake.

We also plan on getting a picture of each family made into a canvas portrait.

For my parents I got them each a personalized wedding photo frame (for a pic after wedding).

Also got both mum's their wedding jewely.

Got the parents personalized OOT bags and added some extras other guests don't have (personalized t-shirts and such).

From this forum I got an idea from another bride for a personalized poem for MIL that I am having framed.

Oh and on the day itself we will pay for moms to have their hair and makeup done.

#329 FutureMrsDawson

FutureMrsDawson
                  • 154 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:22 AM

Wow - I also saw somewhere that one of the bride's was getting digital photoframes and loading pictures from the week....not too much?

#330 JBean

JBean
                    • 429 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:59 AM

We leave in 6 weeks tomorrow!! 

Left to do:

Place cards

Buy Lingerie ;) 

Finish playlists

Groom card

Buy new suitcases

Reserve chairs