November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)

• Please log in to reply
802 replies to this topic

#191 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
  • Banned
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

This is an example of the tags I have been making.  I make my tag in powerpoint with lines drawn for the edges, then I use a paper cutter that you find in the scrapbooking section of a Michael's-type store.   

I havn't printed out any tags yet, but wondering what everyone has used to cut of their tags? I ordered extra large square and circle punchers online but they are WAY too small. Are you hand cutting?

#192 nadennec

nadennec
    • 215 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:42 AM

We did 3pm, for the same reason. As it would get too dark for pics if we went past 4 as well. My ceremony will last at least an hour though, so thats why we went with 3.

Originally Posted by angi111111 

Our ceremony is set for 3:30pm ~ recommended by our WC to allow for good picture taking time. She suggested not going past 4pm. Our wedding date is 11-11-11 .... hope that helps!

Nadenne C

#193 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
      • Banned
      • 630 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:48 AM

Sorry - I had intended for this picure to paste in on my last post.  I got this picture from the Walmart website where it was selling for $14.11

This is an example of the tags I have been making.  I make my tag in powerpoint with lines drawn for the edges, then I use a paper cutter that you find in the scrapbooking section of a Michael's-type store.   

Maraca Tag Pic.JPG

#194 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
        • 860 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:19 AM

Thanks Courtney! I have one of those so now I'll just have to play around a bit in word or powerpoint and see what I can create. I think next up on my To Do list though is going to be a music list, want to break it down for the reception : Dinner - first dances - slow sets - dancing .....

#195 sxcT

sxcT
          • 1,282 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:09 AM

Very cute tags!!

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

Maraca Tag Pic.JPG

#196 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
            • 359 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:17 AM

Love them...makes me wanna do bubbles :)

#197 carrieb258

carrieb258
              • 216 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

That is a really lovely idea - I love the idea of bubbles!! How are you going to get them to Mexico without them leaking? 

I too am very excited only 13 weeks till we get married and just over 12 weeks till we fly! I cant stop thinking and doing wedding stuff I think I am driving my  FI mad! We bought the boys suits last weekend - they are lovely, and this week I had a mammoth spend booked the seats on the plane, paid the deposit on our catamaran trip, and booked our DJ. 

We also sent out planning forms to our WC last week which was exciting, but so scary making all those decisions now!  

I am having a midday wedding (not by choice!) and its hard trying to fill a whole day with activities! I have bought a second dress (and shoes) for the evening reception just in case i want to die wearing my heavy dress all day! Its a very simple short ivory knitted dress not weddingy at all but will be so much cooler and comfortable. Is anyone else taking a change of clothes? 

#198 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                • Banned
                • 630 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:13 AM

I will have a few harder items that I can stuff the bubbles inside of to protect them.  For example we are taking travel mugs that could hold say 3 or 4 of the bubble wands - another option is we are taking two little metal pails to be our flower girl baskets so we could probaby put all of them in there.  But just in case, I would still put them all inside a ziplock bag first!

I am getting really excited too - just looked at my wedding website and it said 85 days to go - woohoo.  I am not a girly girl at all and I just can't believe how consumed my thoughts are by all of this wedding stuff.

I bought a short white strapless cotton dress for the rehearsal that I may chnage into if we end up going out after the reception.  I will want all of my reception pictures from the photographer to be in my real wedding dress, so I won't consider changing out of it until after the reception.  I know I will be hot and sweaty and I am okay with that...  Although putting that dress back on a couple of days later for a TTD session might not be sp pleasant.

Originally Posted by carrieb258 

That is a really lovely idea - I love the idea of bubbles!! How are you going to get them to Mexico without them leaking? 

I too am very excited only 13 weeks till we get married and just over 12 weeks till we fly! I cant stop thinking and doing wedding stuff I think I am driving my  FI mad! We bought the boys suits last weekend - they are lovely, and this week I had a mammoth spend booked the seats on the plane, paid the deposit on our catamaran trip, and booked our DJ. 

We also sent out planning forms to our WC last week which was exciting, but so scary making all those decisions now!  

I am having a midday wedding (not by choice!) and its hard trying to fill a whole day with activities! I have bought a second dress (and shoes) for the evening reception just in case i want to die wearing my heavy dress all day! Its a very simple short ivory knitted dress not weddingy at all but will be so much cooler and comfortable. Is anyone else taking a change of clothes? 

#199 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                  • 860 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:48 AM

I'm planning on staying in my wedding dress, I figure I'll have spent all that money to wear it once, so I am making the most of it! Only possibility of changing will be going to the club afterwards, but even then I might still wear it, LOL!

I'm the same as you all, feel like all I am doing is living and breathing this wedding morning noon and night! In an effort to try and get some sanity back myself and my fiance are making a huge effort to do wedding stuff in the evenings after work, so that we can at least get the weekends back (even if just one day) to ourselves.
                    In the last week and a bit we have managed to get some stuff done after work ..... have the men's outfits (must get their ties, have them picked, they were just out of the color), shopped for my ring (still looking), got FI's ring and got it engraved (engraved it with "I Love You" in gaelic - my native language, he doesn't know so can't wait to see his reaction, although I will have to translate, LOL!), have gifts for bestman, MOH, and flowergirl squared away), ordered my veil, got my shoes, booked my BD session (so incredibly nervous), started putting together music list (didn't get far), and made appointment with our priest to go over the paperwork. Getting there slowly but surely, but still loads more to do!

#200 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                    • 860 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:49 AM

Courtney, 85 days!! OMG so sooooooonnnnnnn. Just check mine and it is 97 days. Part of me wants to slow down time so I can get stuff done, the otehr side wants to speed it up because i just can't wait!! What wedding site did you use for your website? We used weddingwire. Love the idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users