Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
karielk

November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)

Recommended Posts

Taryn - So happy for you that you are finally on the way!!!  Woohoo.  Being a bride and having a freak-out moment can help you get what you want...useful lesson to learn.  I hope everything goes smoothly when you get to the resort.  We will look forward to hearing from you in Mexico.  Hope everything is perfect for you....
 

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

Beautiful pictures!!
So...I am at the airport. Went thru a bit of stress and a bitch fit when they said I couldn't take my carryon on full of vases, toasting flutes and sand ceremony vase on the plane with me. OMG I was about to lose it...even teared up a bit. Not a fun way to start vacation. But the lady at the counter saw how upset I was she asked her manager if she could let us go and she took us up the service elevator to avoid the lady checking the size of the bags. What a relief!!
So we r sitting here just waiting to board at 11:50. Didn't get to finish my planning thread so I'll have to do it when I get back.
Hope all u married brides r enjoying married life!!
I plan to post from Mexico!!!
XOXO


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am back, quite reluctantly, from our wedding. crybaby2.gif Heh heh. We had a blast and were tempted to stay an extra day when the airline asked us if we wanted to give up our seats for the following day. rolleyes.gif

 

Courtney and Alysa, your pictures are beautiful!! It's so exciting to see all the planning and craziness culminate into a beautiful occasion! 

 

I can't wait to see ours. The photographer is sending the digital versions soon but he handed us an album with about 50 prints that we could carry home. We were thrilled with them and can't wait to see the rest! We did a TTD session two days after our wedding because my husband wanted to do it so we had a lot of fun with that. 

 

Taryn, that picture of you in the dufflebag is hilarious! Hope you are enjoying yourself!! 

 

 

Now I have to post my planning thread which I failed to do prior to leaving. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back - glad you had such a good time that you didn't want to return.  And of course, Congratulations on being a Mrs. for the second time!

Fingers crossed you will get to see all of your pictures soon.

 

Originally Posted by Pucca View Post

I am back, quite reluctantly, from our wedding. crybaby2.gif Heh heh. We had a blast and were tempted to stay an extra day when the airline asked us if we wanted to give up our seats for the following day. rolleyes.gif

 

Courtney and Alysa, your pictures are beautiful!! It's so exciting to see all the planning and craziness culminate into a beautiful occasion! 

 

I can't wait to see ours. The photographer is sending the digital versions soon but he handed us an album with about 50 prints that we could carry home. We were thrilled with them and can't wait to see the rest! We did a TTD session two days after our wedding because my husband wanted to do it so we had a lot of fun with that. 

 

Taryn, that picture of you in the dufflebag is hilarious! Hope you are enjoying yourself!! 

 

 

Now I have to post my planning thread which I failed to do prior to leaving. 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! And congrats to you as well!!

 


 

Originally Posted by leigh2011 View Post

Welcome back - glad you had such a good time that you didn't want to return.  And of course, Congratulations on being a Mrs. for the second time!

Fingers crossed you will get to see all of your pictures soon.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday night is our AHP (At Home Party - DJ, beer, wine, cupcakes, slide show) and I can't wait until it is over so I can stop planning!  I really do think it will be fun, but I am so tired of all of the to-do lists....grrrrr.

 

I am taking Friday off of work so I can go to the Social Security Administration to start changing my name, then I will spend the rest of the day prepping for the party that will run from 8pm until midnight.  

 

On Saturday I have an appointment to chop off my hair.  I have been growing my hair since we got engaged and it is now mid way down my back and I can't wait to get rid of it.  I think that is going to be my symbolic moment of no longer being a bride....

 

Anyone else having a party/reception back home?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope y'all are having a good Friday entering into a lovely weekend!

 

I finally posted my planning thread and I got some of our photos back!

 

Here's the link to my thread for those of you who have extra time on your hands. :D 

 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/76794/puccas-post-wedding-planning-thread-with-pics#post_1697838

 

And here are just a few pictures from our wedding and our TTD: 

 

319140_10150937166055567_724810566_21330675_1466589315_n.jpg

318345_10150937167440567_724810566_21330687_1058597209_n.jpg

297805_10150937173330567_724810566_21330738_1959986942_n.jpg

310785_10150937722260567_724810566_21332513_681175433_n.jpg

315539_10150937712415567_724810566_21332466_1430882236_n.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pucca - I just checked out your planning thread and it was great.  I think you should post that last pic on the planning thread (right after walking back down the aisle) in the Happiest Wedding picture thread. 


I think your wedding pictures posted below are beautiful, but I really love the TTD pictures - esp the black and white one.
 

Originally Posted by Pucca View Post

Hope y'all are having a good Friday entering into a lovely weekend!

 

I finally posted my planning thread and I got some of our photos back!

 

Here's the link to my thread for those of you who have extra time on your hands. :D 

 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/76794/puccas-post-wedding-planning-thread-with-pics#post_1697838

 

And here are just a few pictures from our wedding and our TTD: 

 

319140_10150937166055567_724810566_21330675_1466589315_n.jpg

318345_10150937167440567_724810566_21330687_1058597209_n.jpg

297805_10150937173330567_724810566_21330738_1959986942_n.jpg

310785_10150937722260567_724810566_21332513_681175433_n.jpg

315539_10150937712415567_724810566_21332466_1430882236_n.jpg

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night was my At Home Party - and I can say I am honestly so happy my wedding events are over woot.gif

 

I enjoyed all of them, but I am such a planner (and thus one who stresses) - so it will be nice to not have a constant wedding to do list hanging over my head.

 

Our party was from 8-midnight last night at a smaller reception hall in the area with appetizer foods, cupcakes, beer, wine, and a DJ.  Apparently the food was great (I didn't get a chance to have any), but we had a lot left over so we might be reheating that for lunch today.  The cupcakes were definitely good - I didn't get a chance to have any of those during the party either, but at 2am when we were back home with the left-overs I had 2 of the different flavors.  There was quite a bit of alcohol left over.  For ~100 people we had 48 bottles of wine and 500 beers (my husband thinks of his friends as significant drinkers).  I bet we probably brought home 10 bottles of wine and ~120 beers.  Seems like Thanksgiving at our house this year might bring out the alcoholics in all of us.

 

Complete change of topic - are any of you ladies fed up with long hair that you grew out for your wedding?  I was engaged for ~17 months, so my hair got pretty long while waiting for the wedding (it wa already past shoulder length when I got engaged).  Now I am soooo sick of my hair that I have an appointment at 1pm today to chop it off.  If I have the cajones, I will cut it very short like Sienna Miller.  I have heard it is pretty common for brides to chop their locks after the big day.....  I really hope I don't regret this! (Paul is the one that suggested cutting it really short)

 

http://shorthairstyles.org.uk/sienna_miller_short_hairstyle_photos.htm 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Courtney! We absolutely loved our TTD photos, not that we didn't love our wedding pictures! I forgot about the Happiest Wedding photo thread; will have to check that out again. 

 

Congratulations on being completely done with all your wedding events!! cheers.gif

 

That Sienna Miller haircut is very chic! I like it! Did you end up cutting it like that? I've actually had long hair for a while - rather than growing it out just for wedding purposes - and my husband would freak out if I chopped it all off. Ha ha ha. He says he likes it long. I used to have short hair for a really really long time like the length in that Sienna Miller picture and he's seen pictures of it; he's told me that he doesn't really like it so I'll probably never cut it that short again. So I guess no lopping of locks for me. cheesy.gif

 

Originally Posted by leigh2011 View Post

Last night was my At Home Party - and I can say I am honestly so happy my wedding events are over woot.gif

 

I enjoyed all of them, but I am such a planner (and thus one who stresses) - so it will be nice to not have a constant wedding to do list hanging over my head.

 

Our party was from 8-midnight last night at a smaller reception hall in the area with appetizer foods, cupcakes, beer, wine, and a DJ.  Apparently the food was great (I didn't get a chance to have any), but we had a lot left over so we might be reheating that for lunch today.  The cupcakes were definitely good - I didn't get a chance to have any of those during the party either, but at 2am when we were back home with the left-overs I had 2 of the different flavors.  There was quite a bit of alcohol left over.  For ~100 people we had 48 bottles of wine and 500 beers (my husband thinks of his friends as significant drinkers).  I bet we probably brought home 10 bottles of wine and ~120 beers.  Seems like Thanksgiving at our house this year might bring out the alcoholics in all of us.

 

Complete change of topic - are any of you ladies fed up with long hair that you grew out for your wedding?  I was engaged for ~17 months, so my hair got pretty long while waiting for the wedding (it wa already past shoulder length when I got engaged).  Now I am soooo sick of my hair that I have an appointment at 1pm today to chop it off.  If I have the cajones, I will cut it very short like Sienna Miller.  I have heard it is pretty common for brides to chop their locks after the big day.....  I really hope I don't regret this! (Paul is the one that suggested cutting it really short)

 

http://shorthairstyles.org.uk/sienna_miller_short_hairstyle_photos.htm 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was so nice to relax this weekend.  Now I just have to figure out what I am going to do with all of the left over wedding and AHR stuff.  At some point I will get up the energy to try and sell some of it.  What are you ladies planning on doing with your dress?  Mine would certainly need to be dry cleaned if I were going to sell it, but that can be pretty pricey so I don't know if it is worth it in case I can't find a buyer.  Thoughts?

 

So I did have the guts to chop off my hair but it doesn't really look like the picture I took in.  I think I will need to go back in a month or so for a reshaping.  The stylist put so much volumizing stuff in my hair (she even tried to weigh it back down with wax) that when she asked if there was anything I wanted to change I really couldn't tell because it was too poofy.  Here is a picture of what it looked like later last night (after some of the volume had fallen out):


short hair.jpg
 

Paul likes it a lot more than I do at this point - we will see if it grows on me.  Pucca - I think most guys prefer longer hair, so I think Paul must be odd.  I think I will be wearing a lot of scarves this winter so I don't feel too exposed....

 

Originally Posted by Pucca View Post

Thanks Courtney! We absolutely loved our TTD photos, not that we didn't love our wedding pictures! I forgot about the Happiest Wedding photo thread; will have to check that out again. 

 

Congratulations on being completely done with all your wedding events!! cheers.gif

 

That Sienna Miller haircut is very chic! I like it! Did you end up cutting it like that? I've actually had long hair for a while - rather than growing it out just for wedding purposes - and my husband would freak out if I chopped it all off. Ha ha ha. He says he likes it long. I used to have short hair for a really really long time like the length in that Sienna Miller picture and he's seen pictures of it; he's told me that he doesn't really like it so I'll probably never cut it that short again. So I guess no lopping of locks for me. cheesy.gif

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×