Sign in to follow this  
karielk

November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)

Awesome! Congrats! What kind of things are u buying for your OOT bags and what do you mean by survival kits? I'm interested in knowing as I'm trying to decide on what to include in my OOT bags. Also, what are sharing cards? lol

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

It was exactly 2 months for me yesterday.  We finally have all 27 booked with possibly 3 straglers.  I am finishing up buying stuff for the OOT bags and printing out survival kit, first aid kit and chapstick stickers, welcome letters, "the big day" time line and photo sharing cards.  Waiting for my VP order to come with DND tags and bag tags.  Can't believe its so close now.  The weeks just fly by.

Still waiting patiently for the phone to ring and it be the bridal store telling me my dress is in.  rolleyes.gif

There are a lot of threads on here for OOT bags, best 2 are Master OOT Bag thread and What was used and not used...you can search them but I know I'm happy with my purchase of the Bubba's.  Not sure how I'm going to get them down there but we'll see  :)

Hi Vanessa -

As FutureMrsDawson stated you can search for the master list to help you decide what to put in them.  That list and many other brides posts have helped me decide.

My OOT bags will have a welcome letter, a Riviera Maya brochure, a "Big Day" time line, Do Not Disturb tag, word puzzle made with our own words, first aid kits, survival kits, room key holders w/ lanyards, tropical notepads, tropical magnets, flip flop playing cards, gummy candy in the shape of flip flops, photo sharing cards and probably some other stuff I am forgetting I already bought LOL.

My survival kits will contain: advil, pepto, tums, hand sanitizer, gum, wisps, chapstick, sunscreen, tissues, safety pins, wet wipes, crystal light and snacks...and anything else I run across. :)

The photo sharing cards are cards that state an account has been created on a photo sharing website (i.e. shutterfly) and we provide login info so everyone can upload the photos they took from vacation.  Easiest way to share photos with your guests.

Hope this helps!!

Originally Posted by Vanessa C View Post

Awesome! Congrats! What kind of things are u buying for your OOT bags and what do you mean by survival kits? I'm interested in knowing as I'm trying to decide on what to include in my OOT bags. Also, what are sharing cards? lol

I think I'm going to do the white strips as well. I'm also using whitening toothpaste already, and hydrogen peroxide wash (which I've done for years). 

so far I've done both the white strips and the professional dentist whitening kits. The 3d strips def made my teeth a little whiter...nothing crazy. The prof. whitening from the dentist works really well but it is very expensive and makes my teeth super sensitive even while using sensodyne toothpaste. I have been whitening my teeth for over a month now ( not every night) with the retainers and whitening from the dentist because I am getting ready for veneers on my front two teeth because i have hypocalicification spots from meds when i was younger. They make me really insecure about my teeth so I finally decided to go for veneers before the wedding. So if you want dramatic results I say see your dentist but be prepared for the cost.

We fly 6 weeks from today too!! Ready but not quite ready yet, if that makes sense! cheesy.gif Have a draft of my vows but will probably rewrite. Heh heh. 

Originally Posted by carrieb258 View Post

Eeeek we fly 6 weeks today!!! I am so excited.... are all you girls ready?? I am struggling to write my vows anyone got theirs done yet? 

Is anyone else planning their outfits? I want to look good for the whole 2 weeks, and I know if I wait until I'm down there I will just slap something on, so I'm going to put together different outfits ahead of time so I don't have to think about it. I know, I'm a nerd! :P 

I don't think you're a nerd at all, cuz if you are, then so am I! cheesy.gif I always plan my outfits when I travel, even if it's casual! And I'm crazy. I pack a week or two ahead of time and then check my luggage or re-pack a night or two before I leave. girl_werewolf.gif

Originally Posted by JBean View Post

Is anyone else planning their outfits? I want to look good for the whole 2 weeks, and I know if I wait until I'm down there I will just slap something on, so I'm going to put together different outfits ahead of time so I don't have to think about it. I know, I'm a nerd! :P 

That makes at least 3 of us then as we fly 6 weeks from today as well!! Can't believe how quick it is sneaking up.

Originally Posted by Pucca View Post

We fly 6 weeks from today too!! Ready but not quite ready yet, if that makes sense! cheesy.gif Have a draft of my vows but will probably rewrite. Heh heh.