Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
karielk

November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)

Recommended Posts

Wow. Fun! I thought about doing it but I decided to do it for an anniversary gift or something. Plus I am a bit shy about it so I'll have to work up the nerve. LOL!

 

I'm sure your pics will turn out awesome and your fiance will absolutely love them! wink.gif
 

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

Girls, just wanted to let you know I am just home from doing my BD shoot!! My heart is still thumping in my chest and knees still knocking off each other, but all I can say to you is DO IT!!

I was so nervous and was so doubtful about this, but glad I went through with it (hope I say the same when I see the pics, LOL!).

It's really suitable for any bride, any shape, size, age ..... it's just a lovely thing to do for yourself, and I can't wait to make the photo book to surprise my fiance on the morning of our wedding :-)

 

PS : Love all the hair do's above, they are so lovely.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

loving the hair inspiration!  I can't believe it's almost September... which means November is around the corner!  I also just did my BD session (yesterday) and it was such an experience!!!!!  EEK I hope they turn out okay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies - Who is getting legally married before they leave for the DW?  I am getting married at a park on Sunday October 9th - so that is now less than 6 weeks away :-)  I am excited because our photographer will be there taking pictures - and I think the pictures are what I am most excited about for the whole process (other than actually being married of course).  I started thinking how close we are to the legal wedding this weekend when the bow tie for the dog came in the mail (he will be the ring bearer).  Those pictures will just be too adorable.

 

OH - a couple of weeks ago I snuck around while my fiance was working late and took this picture that I made into a greeting card that I will write my wedding day (DW wedding) message to my fiance in.  Please note that my fiance is IN LOVE with his dog - thus why we are doing our legal wedding outside in a park (paying an officiant, etc) instead of just the courthouse.

1 - Marry My Mommy Pic.png

 

 

Sarah - I am sure your pictures will turn out to be gorgeous.  I am sure your photographer took a ton of pictures and you will be able to choose the best of the best for your fiance.

 

 

Originally Posted by SarahBen2011 View Post

loving the hair inspiration!  I can't believe it's almost September... which means November is around the corner!  I also just did my BD session (yesterday) and it was such an experience!!!!!  EEK I hope they turn out okay!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


That is too cute!!! Love the idea - wish I could do that with my cats! 

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post

Ladies - Who is getting legally married before they leave for the DW?  I am getting married at a park on Sunday October 9th - so that is now less than 6 weeks away :-)  I am excited because our photographer will be there taking pictures - and I think the pictures are what I am most excited about for the whole process (other than actually being married of course).  I started thinking how close we are to the legal wedding this weekend when the bow tie for the dog came in the mail (he will be the ring bearer).  Those pictures will just be too adorable.

 

OH - a couple of weeks ago I snuck around while my fiance was working late and took this picture that I made into a greeting card that I will write my wedding day (DW wedding) message to my fiance in.  Please note that my fiance is IN LOVE with his dog - thus why we are doing our legal wedding outside in a park (paying an officiant, etc) instead of just the courthouse.

1 - Marry My Mommy Pic.png

 

 

Sarah - I am sure your pictures will turn out to be gorgeous.  I am sure your photographer took a ton of pictures and you will be able to choose the best of the best for your fiance.

 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Courtney that picture is waaayyyyyy too cute! Your fiance is going to love it, such a great idea!!

 

So between my hours on hold to Expedia and not being able to leave the house due to the hurricane, I got a huge start on DIY projects, thought I'd share a few with you girls .......

 

Our wedding day color theme is yellow with a bit of orange, but our OOT bags are blue themed, so hence the mix of colors!

 

Tags for bubble wands :

IMG_2436.JPG

 

IMG_2446.JPG

 

 

Tags for OOT Bags :

IMG_2453.JPG

 

IMG_2459.JPG

 

 

Tags for Wedding Favors :

IMG_2439.JPG

 

IMG_2440.JPG

 

 

First Aid Kits and Survial Weekend Bags :

IMG_2480.JPG  IMG_2479.JPG

 

 

This is a rough first draft of our menus, ordered vellum paper that I am waiting on :

IMG_2450.JPG

 

 

Our DIY Ringholder (glued a starfish to a clam shell, lol!):

IMG_2396.JPG

 

 

 

So yesterday my boss (who's based in Ireland), called me and asedk me if I could fly back last night for meetings for the rest of the week. Due to the hurricane I couldn't get a flight (backlog of passengers I guess), so am heading to Ireland this evening, so there goes my boost of DIY activities for now!! Will be nice to take a break from wedding stuff right now! And even though it's a work trip I get to see my family and play with my 2 year old niece!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joanne - Your projects look really good.  Now you have me reconsidering about doing a menu card....hmmmm.  I guess it would be nice for it to not just be a surprise to see what the waiter drops off next. msnwink.gif

 

One day's notice for an international business trip?  Wow...glad your family is there so you can get excited about it.

 

My company just made a decision to pull up a very large project due date from March of next year to the end of this year.  So later this week they will announce a "no vacation" rule through the end of the year...luckily my boss talked to our Senior VP yesterday about my wedding and I have been given a pass.  WHEW!  If they hadn't, my boss would have been getting a sick call from Cancun each morning....

 

 

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

Courtney that picture is waaayyyyyy too cute! Your fiance is going to love it, such a great idea!!

 

So between my hours on hold to Expedia and not being able to leave the house due to the hurricane, I got a huge start on DIY projects, thought I'd share a few with you girls .......

 

So yesterday my boss (who's based in Ireland), called me and asedk me if I could fly back last night for meetings for the rest of the week. Due to the hurricane I couldn't get a flight (backlog of passengers I guess), so am heading to Ireland this evening, so there goes my boost of DIY activities for now!! Will be nice to take a break from wedding stuff right now! And even though it's a work trip I get to see my family and play with my 2 year old niece!!

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW...I am working on making my own Do Not Disturb door tags, printing out my handmade monogram to stick on the little things in the OOT bags and the personalized chapstick labels.  Since I love to save money wherever possible I decided to use shipping labels as the sticky paper for both the monograms and the chapstick labels since we have tons here at work and they just sit there an never get used.  Love saying a few bucks whenever I can. woot2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Courtney I love that ur pup is attending your legal!!! Ours is a year old and would not behave :-) Joanne you are reminding me of all these small DIY projects I HAVE to start! I've bought almost everything for the OOT bags, but I keep forgetting about the bag tags, message in a bottle escorts, etc. I better get moving! It's coming up so quick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ours is almost 4 years old and he still won't behave.  But that is part of the fun...our legal ceremony is going to be very informal.  I plan on everyone meeting in the parking lot of the park and walking to the site together - there will be no walking down an aisle or father giving me away or readings or anything for this ceremony.  I want to save all of the good stuff for the wedding in Mexico.  So I am almost hoping that our dog (Presley) acts up in some way so we can get some cute pictures.  It would be perfect if he decided to jump up on one of us to be held the whole ceremony....  As long as he doesn't run off with our legal rings we will be alright - though chasing after him in a dress and heels would make for a good picture too...

 

I would suggest getting as much of the DIY done early so you can save the less stressful stuff (like picking reception music) for closer to the wedding. 

 

I am currently frustrated with my fiance - we have gotten our post card invites in from Vistaprint for our AHP (At Home Party:  beer, wine, DJ, cupcakes, no seated dinner) and we are inviting a larger group of people than we invited to Mexico.  The reason we needed to do a DW is because my finace has way too many friends for us to be able to afford a nice wedding for that many people (let's just say he still keeps up with his friends from elementary school).  So most of these additional people are on his side and it is like pulling teeth to try and get him to get addresses for them.  I shouldn't be surprised...it was like pulling teeth to get the ones for the invites too.  Let's just say that I have resorted to stalking people through county property tax records to get addresses!

 

Originally Posted by SarahBen2011 View Post

Courtney I love that ur pup is attending your legal!!! Ours is a year old and would not behave :-)
Joanne you are reminding me of all these small DIY projects I HAVE to start! I've bought almost everything for the OOT bags, but I keep forgetting about the bag tags, message in a bottle escorts, etc. I better get moving! It's coming up so quick!


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×