Sign in to follow this  
karielk

November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)

I know - I'm really starting to get excited now!! We've been planning for well over a year, it's hard to believe it's actually getting close now.

I've had my programs done for weeks now, lol. I'm trying to get as much DIY out of the way as early as possible. My HUGE to-do list is looking pretty short these days!! :D

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post

Alright ladies - this group is starting to come up on the 3-month mark.  I have told myself throughout my long engagement that at 3 months I would allow myself to start getting excited msnparty.gif

The major things happening in my wedding planning at the moment:

- my group rate with the resort runs out in just a couple of weeks, so we are having to nicely nag the remaining few guests that verbally committed to go ahead and book

-  I just contacted a seamstress the other day to set up my appointments to get my dress altered.  This lady has all 5-start reviews online so I wanted to book her in advance.  I take my dress in for the first appointment September 12th.  That date is a bit early, but I need the dress back by mid-October for a bridal portrait session.

- working on my programs this week...it is way early to be doing that, but since they are DIY I wanted to get them out of the way

Another thing to get excited about:  my legal wedding is just over 2 months away (October 9th).  My fiance keeps referring to it as the "real wedding"....grrrr.  No, that is the "legal wedding", the "real wedding" is the one in front of our friends and family when I wear the big white dress!!!!!  I think at this point he continues to say it just to get me riled up.

Hope all of you are starting to get excited to!

Courtney

100 days until we say "I DO"  woot.gif

It is just now really starting to hit me! I'm feeling a little stress. I just heard back from my WC asking for the decor details, flowers, menus, etc! August is going to be a busy month! 

Hi Everyone!  I glad to see that there are many of us getting married this November.  I agree angi11111...it is now starting to getting a little stressful.  I felt ahead of the game for awhile because I had all the big things settled, but last night I made a list of ALL the little DIY projects etc. and it seems a lot longer than I had thought haha.  It's great that we can all support each other as we are appoaching the 3 month mark :)

Question:  what time is your ceremony?

I want to have a sunset ceremony for 2 reasons

1)  I think it is romantic and the pictures will be gorgeous

2)  it will be closer to dinner time, so the wedding can flow from ceremony through to the reception without a break (we will take our bride & groom pictures before the ceremony, including a staged "first look")

Looking online, on my wedding date in Cancun, sunset is supposed to be 5:10pm.  Currently my ceremony in set for 5:00pm.  Do you think there will be good lighting for pictures throughout the ceremony?  Or do I need to move the ceremony up to say 4:45pm?

Thanks for your advice

Courtney

We are having our ceremony at 4:00, that's what our wedding coordinator told us would be the best time to get in pictures before and during the sunset.  Our ceremony is on November 1

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post

Question:  what time is your ceremony?

I want to have a sunset ceremony for 2 reasons

1)  I think it is romantic and the pictures will be gorgeous

2)  it will be closer to dinner time, so the wedding can flow from ceremony through to the reception without a break (we will take our bride & groom pictures before the ceremony, including a staged "first look")

Looking online, on my wedding date in Cancun, sunset is supposed to be 5:10pm.  Currently my ceremony in set for 5:00pm.  Do you think there will be good lighting for pictures throughout the ceremony?  Or do I need to move the ceremony up to say 4:45pm?

Thanks for your advice

Courtney

I originally planned for later but as I am not seeing my groom until the wedding (thus can't do pre-photos), I changed to 3pm. Earlier than I wanted but still OK.
Yesterday I had an email from my photographer suggesting 2 or 2:30 pm, which seems so early to me. Not sure what to do now.

I originally was going to get married at 4:00pm also, but after the photographer wanted to do group shots and bride and groom shots before the wedding. I don't want to see my fiance before the ceremony. I am a little more traditional that way haha. So we are getting married at 2:00pm. this will work out pretty good though because we I figure the ceremony will go about a half hour than we can  take all the pictures. We can take our time doing our bride and groom shots. Our cocktail will start at 5:00pm, followed by dinner and reception. This works nicely if any of our guests want to freshen up before the cocktail hour. Plus now my fiance and I can go to the cocktail hour and enjoy it with our guests.

We're doing our ceremony at 3, which will last an hour. then pics, cocktail hour at 5, followed by dinner and reception as well. Figured the same as alysam4785, and we'll get to enjoy the cocktail hour with everyone and watch the sunset atthe same time. We'll still have our photographer there at that time, so we'll still get great pics during the sunset :)

Okay ladies - please help me think this through....

The original schedule given to me by the wedding coordinator was:

5:00 ceremony (I am guessing ours will take maybe 20 minutes - so the sun would set at 5:10 in the middle of the ceremony)

6:00-7:00 cocktail hour

7:00-10:00 reception

- I had planned to take the bride and groom pictures before the wedding (this doesn't bother me because 1) we will already be legally married and 2) I will stage a first look with the photographer so we will get even better picture of him seeing me for the first time) and in the 5:20-6:00 time have the entire group (only 29 ppl) take pictures together.

Now I am thinking:

- still take pictures with groom before hand

4:30-4:50 ceremony (hopefully there will be a beautiful and colorful sky in the ceremony pictures)

4:50-5:30 (sun will set during this time) to take more pictures

5:30-6:30 cocktail hour

6:30-9:30 reception

ending earlier makes me think we might need to plan to go out dancing afterward

What do you ladies think?  I really hesitate to pull the ceremony up any earlier because I don't think my group will do well if they wander off and then have to come back.