November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

Ladies!!  I just wanted to re-post this to keep everyone updated.  I think this is the latest and greatest but if not please make the changes.

BDW Name Real Name Departing Wedding Date Location Resort
Alysam4785 Alysa October 30th November 5th Mexico  
kelnces   Kelly October 31st  November 4th  Mexico  
leigh2011 Leigh November 2nd November 5th Mexico Dreams Cancun
JBean Janine November 5th November 10th Mexico  
JoanneIreland Joanne November 6th November 17th Mexico Barcelo Maya Palace
Carrieb258 Carrie November 6th November 10th Mexico  
Pucca Eun-sil November 6th November 11th Mexico Coral Baja, Los Cabos
Danitha Danielle November 7th November 11th Mexico Playacar Palace
Nadennec   Nadenne      November 8th November 11th Mexico Cancun
82turtles Sarah November 8th November 12th Mexico  
sxcT Taryn November 15th November 18th Mexico Aventura Palace
SarahBen2011 Sarah November 15th November 18th Mexico Dreams PV

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Nadenne!!

So ladies.  I get to check out my BD photos tomorrow.  Very excited.  I got a sneak peak at one of them.  She posted it on her website.  I want to share it with you ladies but I have to ask you all first.  It is a bit risque and is a pic of my booty but its really hot!!  Should I post the link or just the photo?

So the link will probably be better so you have the option to view it instead of my booty just be right in your face LOL.

http://confessionsofaboudoirstudio.com/

My pic is under her post "Who Says Risque?...I Do!"

That's me!!  I can't believe it.  So excited to see the others.

wow! he will love it!!!!!

Your husband is going to go nuts with excitement when he sees that!! WOW!! You look amazing.

So the link will probably be better so you have the option to view it instead of my booty just be right in your face LOL.

http://confessionsofaboudoirstudio.com/

My pic is under her post "Who Says Risque?...I Do!"

That's me!!  I can't believe it.  So excited to see the others.

Just got home not so long ago from picking up my wedding dress, and I expected to feel all this excitement butI honestly don't. Did anyone else feel the same??

Instead I am feeling so stressed and anxious. I am putting this down to some of the following :

- Legal wedding is 8 days away and we still don't have my wedding band

- We leave for Mexcio in 10 days and still have a million things to do

- Hurricanes and rain in Mexico .... say no more on that

- My best friend telling me this past Monday that she is now not going (haven't heard from her anymore by the way)

- My fiance's two sister's are not speaking to each other

- Every single time I look at the "show us your dress" page I question my dress and envy everyone elses

- All my family are in Ireland and I got dress in US so have had no one here to advise and guide me through the fittings

- I'm an older bride and have this fear of being "mutton dressed as lamb", make sense?

- My fiance has MS and stress is something that absolutely triggers attacks so am trying to deal with everything by myself without burdening him

- Weight .... harder to control the older I get

- Family flying in from Ireland in a couple of days and house is like a pig sty with all the wedding stuff every where

- My sister who is my only bridesmaid/MOH recently found out her husband was having an affair so he has been uninvited (which she wanted), but I am so worried about how hard this event must be on her, you know her marriage ending and mine starting.

- EXHAUSTION! Am so tired, and because of the snow here and the rush hour traffic it took me 2+ hours in EACH direction to pick up my dress

I love this forum because it's always so happy and upbeat, so I am very sorry for posting this, but I honestly think I am having a freak out.

I have to say that I didn't feel too excited when I got my dress back from the alterations lady either.  I think when you try on your dress and it isn't for the actual wedding, then it isn't as exciting.  And I completely understand about the dress envy....I bought my dress in June 2010 really soon after I started shopping - and I keep wondering if I had tried on more dresses if I would have found something better.  But I try to limit those thoughts because there is nothing I can do about it at this point and I do still "like" my dress.  Is it bad to think about a vow renewal dress before you are married?

You certainly have a lot more stressors than the average bride, but let me try and put a few in perspective:

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

Just got home not so long ago from picking up my wedding dress, and I expected to feel all this excitement butI honestly don't. Did anyone else feel the same??

Instead I am feeling so stressed and anxious. I am putting this down to some of the following :

- Legal wedding is 8 days away and we still don't have my wedding band

remember this isn't the real ceremony - it won't feel real (just surreal) - so don't stress about this one...just let it happen

- We leave for Mexcio in 10 days and still have a million things to do

one thing at a time...all you can do is make a list and start crossing them off

- Hurricanes and rain in Mexico .... say no more on that

you will be there for 3 weeks, so you will absolutely have plenty of days of beautiful weather

- My best friend telling me this past Monday that she is now not going (haven't heard from her anymore by the way)

just breathe on this one - what is done is done, try not to think about this one too much until you get back - nothing you can do right now

- My fiance's two sister's are not speaking to each other

You have to let this one go - besides a seating chart for the reception where they are not together - THIS IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM!  If need be, you will need to pull each one of them aside separately and remind them that 1) this is their brother's wedding and they need to behave for the length of the trip so as not to stress him out and cause any health problems for him and 2) this is YOUR wedding and you don't have time to be a referee.

- Every single time I look at the "show us your dress" page I question my dress and envy everyone elses

and after seeing the cover of your BD book, they would all be envious of you!!  (between your front and Taryn's back side - we have some hotties in the November thread)

- All my family are in Ireland and I got dress in US so have had no one here to advise and guide me through the fittings

the one benefit to this is that they will all be so surprised when they see you in it for the first time - good chance your mother might cry!

- I'm an older bride and have this fear of being "mutton dressed as lamb", make sense?

not sure I understand the phrase, but I am certainly no spring chicken myself - from what I have seen, you are a hottie dressed as a bride!

- My fiance has MS and stress is something that absolutely triggers attacks so am trying to deal with everything by myself without burdening him

once your family arrives, see if there is anything you can delegate to family - you know they will be more than happy to help you - because they love you and will see how stressed you are

- Weight .... harder to control the older I get

once again, from the BD pic, you are in amazing shape....

- Family flying in from Ireland in a couple of days and house is like a pig sty with all the wedding stuff every where

remember to delegate - if it is wedding stuff, then your place isn't "dirty" - so you are okay...they will understand!!!!  If you are really worried about it, just warn them before they get there so it isn't a surprise.

- My sister who is my only bridesmaid/MOH recently found out her husband was having an affair so he has been uninvited (which she wanted), but I am so worried about how hard this event must be on her, you know her marriage ending and mine starting.

this one is very tough - but remember, she will want you to be happy regardless of how she is feeling inside

- EXHAUSTION! Am so tired, and because of the snow here and the rush hour traffic it took me 2+ hours in EACH direction to pick up my dress

when you look at the snow think of the sandy beaches and gorgeous blue water and that you will be there for 3 WEEKS....that has to make you smile at least for a second!!

I love this forum because it's always so happy and upbeat, so I am very sorry for posting this, but I honestly think I am having a freak out.

Just breathe.  We are here for you...

Courtney Leigh, you are an angel on earth ..... thanks for taking the time to say all of the above, that was so so nice of you and I really appreciate it. You are such a sweetheart!

Do not worry for a small second about your dress choice, yours was one of the ones that I totally loved. I also loved your legal dress, where did you get that?