November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)

Yay, some good news at last!!

I keep trying to rationalize if it's so bad right now it has to be so much better after!!

Originally Posted by leigh2011 View Post

Ladies -

So I am taking the stressing down at least one notch at the moment.  I just looked on weather.com and Rina has been downgraded from a Category 2 with 110 mph winds (with expectations of making it to Category 3) to a Category 1 with 85 mph winds (and expectations of being near 75 mph when it reaches Cancun).  We get quite a few hurricanes along the coast of NC and there is a HUGE difference in the damage a Category 1 storms does compared to a Category 3.  Now if they could just agree on the future path of the storm such that it doesn't double back and sit off of the Yucatan, that would be nice.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is really good news about Rina!! 

I love all the packing ideas everyone is throwing out there.  I have two different checklists to go over when I start packing.  I know I will still forget something LOL.

I hate how shoes take up so much space but yet we all feel they are so necessary to bring, right?? :)  I plan on bringing white and black wedges (most space takers), wedding heels, wedding flip flops, black heels, sparkly heels and 2 pairs of flips flops....oh and workout shoes.  I am not really a big shoe girl but I feel I need all of these.  I know that is just one suitcase right there ugh!!  I need to cut back already.  :P

Ladies!!  I just wanted to re-post this to keep everyone updated.  I think this is the latest and greatest but if not please make the changes.

BDW Name Real Name Departing Wedding Date Location Resort
Alysam4785 Alysa October 30th November 5th Mexico  
kelnces   Kelly October 31st  November 4th  Mexico  
leigh2011 Leigh November 2nd November 5th Mexico Dreams Cancun
JBean Janine November 5th November 10th Mexico  
JoanneIreland Joanne November 6th November 17th Mexico Barcelo Maya Palace
Carrieb258 Carrie November 6th November 10th Mexico  
Pucca Eun-sil November 6th November 11th Mexico Coral Baja, Los Cabos
Danitha Danielle November 7th November 11th Mexico Playacar Palace
82turtles Sarah November 8th November 12th Mexico    
sxcT Taryn November 15th November 18th Mexico Aventura Palace
SarahBen2011 Sarah November 15th November 18th Mexico Dreams PV

Something similar happened with my BM/good friend, she gave me about 5 weeks notice. It's impossible for this not to change the friendship I think. :(

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

So happy I am not the only one feeling this way!! I am having so many ups and downs!! Can't wait to be in Mexico and be with my family and friends, but the road to get there has been so bumpy. I can''t believe the actions of some of my "very best friends", and how hurt they have made me feel. I've gotten "yes" RSVPs and then a "NO"  after the RSVP deadline, but this evening felt like the nail in the coffin and just bought me to tears.

I called her an hour ago to say I hope it doesn't ruin our friendship (more fool me??) but she has to understand I'm upset and can't really get into it now. I really don't want this to ruin our friendship but at the same time i don't know how it can ever be the same again.

Add me please! :)

Nadennec    Nadenne       November 8th    November 11th     Cancun

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

Ladies!!  I just wanted to re-post this to keep everyone updated.  I think this is the latest and greatest but if not please make the changes.

BDW Name Real Name Departing Wedding Date Location Resort
Alysam4785 Alysa October 30th November 5th Mexico  
kelnces   Kelly October 31st  November 4th  Mexico  
leigh2011 Leigh November 2nd November 5th Mexico Dreams Cancun
JBean Janine November 5th November 10th Mexico  
JoanneIreland Joanne November 6th November 17th Mexico Barcelo Maya Palace
Carrieb258 Carrie November 6th November 10th Mexico  
Pucca Eun-sil November 6th November 11th Mexico Coral Baja, Los Cabos
Danitha Danielle November 7th November 11th Mexico Playacar Palace
82turtles Sarah November 8th November 12th Mexico    
sxcT Taryn November 15th November 18th Mexico Aventura Palace
SarahBen2011 Sarah November 15th November 18th Mexico Dreams PV

I love your tabe set up! Where did you get the vases from? And did you use a real flower inside, or is it a fake flower?

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

THIS MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD...LITERALLY!!  Too funny and so true.  I know that is going to be me in a few weeks.  Just giving him that "look" and not even needing to say anything.  He knows me so well that he will know what I mean when I give it.  evil.gif

I am going to start pulling out all the OOT bag stuff and seeing what it all looks like.  I've done things in little spurts so I need to figure out everything I really have.  Then I'll see if it all fits in one suitcase which I think it will. 

I really need to send out the pre-travel brochures and luggage tags. Geez I'm slacking!!

I tested out my centerpieces with the table runners, napkins, sashes and two place settings last night.  Finally looks good.  It was hard for me to envision what it would look like together without actually seeing it.  Now I am happy!!

What do you think?  Is it enough?  There will probably be two to a table.

There is a turquoise LED light in the vase that will look good at night time.  It's hard to see it in  the pic.

DSCN2818-x.jpg

Vases are from the Dollar Tree!!  The flower inside is a fake orchid from Michaels.  Still looking for the right one but I have those as a back up if needed.

Originally Posted by nadennec View Post

I love your tabe set up! Where did you get the vases from? And did you use a real flower inside, or is it a fake flower?