November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)

So happy I am not the only one feeling this way!! I am having so many ups and downs!! Can't wait to be in Mexico and be with my family and friends, but the road to get there has been so bumpy. I can''t believe the actions of some of my "very best friends", and how hurt they have made me feel. I've gotten "yes" RSVPs and then a "NO"  after the RSVP deadline, but this evening felt like the nail in the coffin and just bought me to tears.

I called her an hour ago to say I hope it doesn't ruin our friendship (more fool me??) but she has to understand I'm upset and can't really get into it now. I really don't want this to ruin our friendship but at the same time i don't know how it can ever be the same again.

Originally Posted by leigh2011 View Post

I am so sorry to hear about your friend - that is not what you need now.  Don't people understand that we have been planning for a long time, so the last thing you want to do is add any stress! 

I actually thought about not posting about the hurricane because we all don't need bad news, but I felt like we all definitely needed to know.

I swear I feel like the stress is is making me feel like I am PMSing.  Just this weekend while attending a wedding I was so happy and excited.  We were dancing at the wedding and it dawned on me that exactly 2 weeks later we would be dancing at OUR wedding.  But I swear all excitement is now gone.  Between the hurricane and 2 guests not getting their info in the mail from the travel agent and it being my responsibility to try and fix it (why me?  they are fiance's family members!), I am no longer excited.  Hoping something tomorrow will make it turn around. 

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short of losing a job or the failing health of a close family member, there is no excuse for changing an RSVP this late in the game.  I am sorry she did this to you.  I hope you two can be best friends in the future, but I have a feeling it will take a while before you can forgive her for this.

I am glad you had a good cry - we are all under a lot of stress and you have to let it out.

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

So happy I am not the only one feeling this way!! I am having so many ups and downs!! Can't wait to be in Mexico and be with my family and friends, but the road to get there has been so bumpy. I can''t believe the actions of some of my "very best friends", and how hurt they have made me feel. I've gotten "yes" RSVPs and then a "NO"  after the RSVP deadline, but this evening felt like the nail in the coffin and just bought me to tears.

I called her an hour ago to say I hope it doesn't ruin our friendship (more fool me??) but she has to understand I'm upset and can't really get into it now. I really don't want this to ruin our friendship but at the same time i don't know how it can ever be the same again. 

Hi ladies!!  I am back.  Sorry I missed so much and I didn't get the chance to update you until now.

So...

Friday: I got legally married!!  It went by so fast like so many others have said.  And even though David and I do not consider it the wedding by any means we are calling each other wifey and hubby already LOL.  My divorced parents behaved pretty well for the most part.  It was also the first time David's parents were meeting my dad and step-mom.  It all went well.  Here is a pic of us.

DSCN2783.JPG

Saturday: I did my boudoir shoot!!  I had gotten airbrushed the night before and my nails done Friday morning.  I was stressing Fri night because my bridesmaid who does makeup told me should wouldn't be able to do my makeup for Sat.  I was freaking out!!  Thankfully the lady who airbrushed me and my sis Fri night knew someone who worked at MAC and she came to my house Sat morning.  What a relief.  So my makeup was done, I curled my hair and put my extensions in, I was tan and had my nails done....I felt so SEXY!!!  I told David that I was going to be running around doing errands all day for the bridal shower as my cover up.  I showed up to the studio at 1 pm and didn't finish until after 4pm.  I had fun doing it but it was so exhausting and I literally strained a muscle in my back LOL.  I think back now and wish I could have done so many other shots.  I brought 15 pages of examples with me and we tried to get in as many as possible.  With only getting an 8 page album (probably 10 after I buy 2 extra photos), I know there will be lots of photos I will not be able to get.  A few shots I did....a white bikini, his shirt and tie, his hat and tie, his fav soccer team flag with his soccer ball that has his name on it, a corset and booty shorts, a thong with heels, and completely naked but laying sideways and holding my boobs!!  SXC SXC!!  I am so glad I did this and I can't wait to see how they all turned out but damn it was expensive.  

Sunday: Bridal shower!!!  This was so much fun.  I had about 15 people total (others RSVPd and didn't show up - so frustrating) and they were all told to bring a veggie dish (I'm vegetarian) and the recipe on a 4x6 card to add to my recipe book. We had so much delicious food.  We also played a few bridal shower games and I got some really nice gifts for the house.  What a great time with my girls!!  Loved it.  I did have some BM drama which I will share below but you don't need to read it...its more of a vent than anything. LOL

(Side note: BM drama!!  My bridal shower started at 1 pm.  One BM was working and showed up around 2 which I knew was happening and totally ok with it.  The other BM has been my friend since we were 6 yo and we have had so many falling outs but I asked her to be my bridesmaid when my BF couldn't come and I lost another friend/BM several months back.  So I pretty much had to resort to her being my BM and I had a feeling I'd regret it sooner or later.  Well she didn't show up until 3:30 and actually sent a text to my sister around 2:40 asking if she should still come.  Are u F***ing serious?  You are a BM and you are asking if you should show up to the bridal shower?  OMFG.  When she did come in she didn't say hi, sorry, give me a hug or anything.  I know she knew I'd be mad but I just ignored her and went about my fun.  Then when people were leaving and she was just standing there (not helping, not cleaning up and not doing anything productive) I asked her did you book your flight?  She said yes and I had to ask her 3 times what time she arrives on Wed.  She was supposed to fly with us on Tues but told me briefly a few weeks ago she was flying Wed.  I was upset then but whatever.  So when she finally said she would be at the resort on Thursday I just LOST IT!!  I was very upset and started yelling at her.  I think it was just the final straw for me.  The history with her is too much to go into for this story but a brief synopsis....she showed up over an hour late to the bridal spa party my step-mom threw for me a few weeks ago, 2.5 hrs late to my bridal shower, and is now going to miss my bachelorette party which is Wed night.  And all she talks about is my bachelorette party and how she can't wait and blah blah blah.  I think the fact that she never apologizes for her actions, she doesn't call me up and communicate anything to me, she acts all happy about my wedding, bachelorette, bridal shower and everything in between and yet her actions prove that she doesn't care very much.  She is a very fake friend and I am so tired or trying to make it work with her.  I have said it several times before and I really mean it this time.  I AM SO DONE WITH HER!!  I know I am just giving you all a little tidbit of the drama I have with her so it might sound a bit extreme but if you knew the whole story and our history and saw how she acts I think you could all agree with me.  My mom told me I should take it easy on her because she doesnâ€t seem to be “all there†and seems like she might be on drugs, my sis said everything I said to her was completely justified but I should have said it to her in private instead of in front of others (there were just a few people there at the time) and Holly my other BM said its probably a good thing she wonâ€t be there for my bachelorette because she would probably ruin it.  And she is so right.  Iâ€d probably end up fighting with her that night too and I donâ€t want that.  Ok sorry for the novel ladies but I just wanted to share the drama I went through.

Oh and to top off the very fun weekend. I got sick about 3 hours after the bridal shower ended.  Not sure if it was too much food, or someone snuck some meat in there but I was so sick that night and had an awful headache and ended up calling in sick on Monday.  Which was a good thing because I finally got to relax, put all the new gifts away, right my thank you cards and do some spring cleaning with some of my stuff.  What a weekend!!!

I can't believe I am less than 3 weeks away from flying out and others of you are even closer.  I was looking forward to this weekend being over because I just wanted to check it all off the list.  It was quite a relief to have it all done.

I go for my second dress fitting today and if everything is ok I am taking it home!!!

David will be out of class on 11/2 and I will finally get his full attention for all the wedding stuff I have been waiting to discuss with him (vows, music lists, etc.)

This weekend David moves into the apt and my sister is planning a house warming/Halloween party at my new apt on Sunday.

Next weekend I am getting my hair done and taking our rings in to get engraved, dipped and re-sized.

The following weekend the apt will be a disaster with all the suitcases laying out and getting packed up.

We head to the airport Monday evening 11/14 for a 12:20am flight on Tuesday 11/15!!  YAY!!! woot2.gif

Joanne - so sorry to hear about your friend!!!!  How someone can do that I dont know... but I'm sure she really does want to be there and just can't afford it  / get off work / whatever :-(  it's tough, but I'm sure in time you guys will get past it!

And SXC you had such a crazy fun-filled weekend!  I can't believe you did all that in a 2 day span!  Can't wait to see the BD pics ;-)

We leave in exactly 3 weeks too... I'm starting to get SOOOOO stressed!  I had my second fitting and it looks GREAT but there's a little problem in the back where the small zipper meets my corset tie.  Everyone said no no it's fine... but I'm making them put a hook in and hopefully that helps?  I'm trying not to worry about that... I'm going again on Saturday for one last try-on and fingers crossed it's fixed!

I really want to start packing but we live in a one bedroom condo and I am NOT looking forward to the piles of stuff and suitcases everywhere... can I rent out a second apartment for organizing it all?? LOL

Originally Posted by SarahBen2011 View Post

Joanne - so sorry to hear about your friend!!!!  How someone can do that I dont know... but I'm sure she really does want to be there and just can't afford it  / get off work / whatever :-(  it's tough, but I'm sure in time you guys will get past it!

And SXC you had such a crazy fun-filled weekend!  I can't believe you did all that in a 2 day span!  Can't wait to see the BD pics ;-)

We leave in exactly 3 weeks too... I'm starting to get SOOOOO stressed!  I had my second fitting and it looks GREAT but there's a little problem in the back where the small zipper meets my corset tie.  Everyone said no no it's fine... but I'm making them put a hook in and hopefully that helps?  I'm trying not to worry about that... I'm going again on Saturday for one last try-on and fingers crossed it's fixed!

I really want to start packing but we live in a one bedroom condo and I am NOT looking forward to the piles of stuff and suitcases everywhere... can I rent out a second apartment for organizing it all?? LOL

That is so funny!!  Our new apt has a huge living room so I am very excited to have so much space in there to organize, pack, unpack and re-pack LOL!!

Taryn, congratulations on your legal ceremony!! Sounds like everything (minus the BM drama) went really well! Enjoy your second (and maybe final) fitting!! Sorry to hear about your BM drama. I personally feel that if you feel like you've given someone enough chances to be courteous and civil (in the least) let alone be a part of an important day in your life, and she's messed it up without even apologizing/explaining to you, you're justified in walking away from that "friendship". You don't need to waste your energy on fake friends; spend it on your true friends who are with you through all the ups and downs. 

Joanne, sorry to hear about your friend telling you she's not coming. I can imagine how much that hurt. But think of the positives - like you'll be in warmer weather for weeks, you'll be with the people that you love and who love you, all your planning will come to fruition, you'll have a beautifully fantastic time, and not to mention you'll be marrying the love of your life!! There's no room for negative thoughts. Whatever needs to transpire between you and your friend can wait till you get back from Mexico. Maybe by that time both of you will have a better perspective (without emotions being so raw). 

On the whole boy do I understand being stressed!! We leave in 12 days and I still have so many things on my plate - most of them are actually not related to the wedding but just to other aspects of life here in general (like packing to move - our move-in date is the end of the month....). Whew..... 

I really hope that everyone on here that has been so upset lately can overcome their stressors and let this time be exciting. Things change sometimes and change is hard to accept...especially last minute!!! Just remeber that this is a time for you and your sig. other. A time for happiness and making memories. Please don't let stress ruin your planning, packing or most of all your vaca and big day : ) Heads up ladies and smiles on. Everything thing else can wait!!! 

okay guys so I'm leaving on Sunday morning (crossing my fingers the hurricane allows this to happen). I am beyond stressed. I spent the last few days packing and repacking all the wedding decor/gifts/oot bag contents etc. That was a nightmare! Thank god for my FMIL who will be taking a suitcase and my sister and 2 other BMs who are taking the lanterns for my centerpieces lol. Now I need to get packed for myself... I always wait till last minute but in my head have a rough idea. I always overpack so starting early just means bad news. As far as all you ladies with BM drama....I HEAR THAT! I had my bachelorette Sat and by the end of the night i was so drunk i went off on everyone of my BMs except one and another one of my best friends who cannot make the wedding (another source of stress, but at least I've known about it for months). Still haven't talked to one of my friends since our fight, yikes!  Anyway I am freaking out about this Hurricane. Not so much about the travel down there but like most of you the damage. My wedding isn't until the 5th so hopefully the weather will be great by then and there won't be any serious damage. Getting my dress tomorrow, just praying it fits correctly! Basically I'm one big ball of stress.

I am right there with you on the hurricane stess as well as the packing stress.  I am literally stalking the weather.com website to see the track of the storm (living in NC, I am used to waiting for every update on the projected storm path).  I really want to be excited about my trip and my wedding, but I know I won't be until after the storm passes and I hear that things have returned to normal down there.  This morning I got an email from my fiance/husband apologizing for not helping more and saying he just feels like he is in the way.  That email made me feel really bad because I know that means I must be taking some of my stress out on him.

As for the packing - I thought I had finished all of the wedding stuff packing (OOT bags, linens, sand ceremony, etc.) into 2 bags so I was pretty proud of myself.  Then I weighed the bags and one of them was more than 10 lbs overweight.  Grrrr...  So then I had to repack and that just ticked me off.  So starting probably tomorrow night I will begin packing the vacation stuff like clothes, sunscreen, etc.  Last night I told my fiance he has to pack this weekend instead of Tuesday night (night before we leave) like he would normally do because I need to know ahead of time if things won't fit or if we need to switch weight around (not to mention wash anything that isn't clean).  He started to pout about having to pack ahead of time until I gave him "the look", at which point he gave in and agreed.  Don't mess with a woman who has been planning for a year and a half and is stressed that the whole event might not happen....

Originally Posted by alysam4785 View Post

okay guys so I'm leaving on Sunday morning (crossing my fingers the hurricane allows this to happen). I am beyond stressed. I spent the last few days packing and repacking all the wedding decor/gifts/oot bag contents etc. That was a nightmare! Thank god for my FMIL who will be taking a suitcase and my sister and 2 other BMs who are taking the lanterns for my centerpieces lol. Now I need to get packed for myself... I always wait till last minute but in my head have a rough idea. I always overpack so starting early just means bad news. As far as all you ladies with BM drama....I HEAR THAT! I had my bachelorette Sat and by the end of the night i was so drunk i went off on everyone of my BMs except one and another one of my best friends who cannot make the wedding (another source of stress, but at least I've known about it for months). Still haven't talked to one of my friends since our fight, yikes!  Anyway I am freaking out about this Hurricane. Not so much about the travel down there but like most of you the damage. My wedding isn't until the 5th so hopefully the weather will be great by then and there won't be any serious damage. Getting my dress tomorrow, just praying it fits correctly! Basically I'm one big ball of stress.