JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:48 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rosieposie
    aww thanks again ladies

a coworker overheard my conversation about this with a (close) coworker and said "it's such a shame your father doesn't want to walk you down the aisle. That doesn't make for a very good start to a marriage".

i was so shocked i didn't know what to say. she made me want to run to the washroom and cry....but maybe i'm just being too sensitive.....

we're already having a chinese tea ceremony beforehand - the part our parents really want us to have, so the western ceremony doesn't mean much to them, it's for us.

much better now. yup. its what i want, who cares what ppl might say, as long as we're happy.
    That stinks that your coworker said that to you! Next time tell her to mind her business! LOL

Over the next year you may face some bumps in the road in terms of planning & ideas you have & people trying to tell you what you should & should not do. I think that as long as you keep this as your motto "yup. its what i want, who cares what ppl might say, as long as we're happy" you'll be fine!!!

#22 mlabbe

mlabbe
    • 784 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:10 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by rosieposie
      aww thanks again ladies

a coworker overheard my conversation about this with a (close) coworker and said "it's such a shame your father doesn't want to walk you down the aisle. That doesn't make for a very good start to a marriage".

i was so shocked i didn't know what to say. she made me want to run to the washroom and cry....but maybe i'm just being too sensitive.....

we're already having a chinese tea ceremony beforehand - the part our parents really want us to have, so the western ceremony doesn't mean much to them, it's for us.

much better now. yup. its what i want, who cares what ppl might say, as long as we're happy.
      Oh, what a meanie! Don't mind her, what does she know?!?

#23 hoyt75

hoyt75
      • 371 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
        That stinks that your coworker said that to you! Next time tell her to mind her business! LOL

Over the next year you may face some bumps in the road in terms of planning & ideas you have & people trying to tell you what you should & should not do. I think that as long as you keep this as your motto "yup. its what i want, who cares what ppl might say, as long as we're happy" you'll be fine!!!
        Best advice EVER!

Not weird at all, btw. My dad and I aren't that close but I still wanted him to walk me down the isle. He didn't "give me away" tho, I don't believe in that kind of stuff... I'm not a piece of property that can be given away to begin with.

#24 *Karla*

*Karla*
        • 4,854 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:47 PM

Not weird. I walked myself down, and both of may parents were there. That is just how I always pictured it!

#25 jhartford19

jhartford19
          • 187 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:43 PM

I think walking yourself down the aisle is completely fine. All eyes are on you anyway!

#26 atrott

atrott
            • 208 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

I agree with the other girls! It's your day & you can do whatever makes you happiest.

My FI & I have actually discussed walking together down the aisle but we haven't decided for sure yet.

#27 karielk

karielk
              • 177 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

What a stupid thing for your coworker to say! Everyone wants a wedding that is unique and personal to them and their lives--this is your chance to do that!

My mom will be walking me down the aisle, since she raised me mostly on her own. No one will be "giving me away."

There are lots of wedding traditions, but I think you should only worry about keeping the traditions that make sense for your wedding. The wedding is a celebration of the bond you and your fiance share, and the life you'll be making together. Your coworker's opinions just won't make a bit of difference in that life. =)

#28 rosieposie

rosieposie
                • 649 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

thanks ladies! its just so nice to have other brides to sound off of and get opinions from, friends and families are great too, but sometiimes they can just add to the stress of things.

=)

#29 luchdiamond

luchdiamond
                  • 163 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

Its your wedding, make your own rules.

#30 SDSteph

SDSteph
                    • 812 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:50 PM

Not weird at all! Go for it!
                      Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users