Weird If I Walk Myself Down the Aisle?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#11 punkie569

• 255 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:03 PM

Walk yourself down. It won't be weird at all. Like some of the other girls said its just more focus on you :)
    Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#12 Mere

• 729 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

I will be walking myself down the aisle too. It is just the two of us for our DW.

#13 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:28 AM

Not weird at all. My Dad passed away when I was in highschool. I walked myself down the aisle. No big deal. Had one of my close guy friends made it to our wedding, I may have chose to have one of them walk me down, but I was fine going it alone.

#14 mlabbe

• 784 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:02 AM

Not weird at all! I chose to go that route even though my parents will be there. Feels more like me!

#15 Mrs Price 2010

Mrs Price 2010
          • 74 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:30 AM

No not weird at all!
            If I had the guts to tell my Dad I wanted to walk down the aisle on my own I would! I don't like the whole 'giving away' tradition, but know it means a lot to my Dad - even though we're not that close! Wish I had the guts......!

#16 brandonsbride

• 89 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

Go for it! I think it's a great idea, not weird at all!

#17 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:56 AM

definitely not weird at all, I'm hoping my father will be there but he doesn't want to travel to Mexico so I'm prepared to walk myself down the aisle
                Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#18 Shay

• 33 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:01 AM

Traditional ceremonies are a thing of the past. You'll be fine walking down the isle by yourself. I'm thinking of doing the same as my father is deceased, my brother my not attend, and I want my mother to see me walking down the isle. She had something to say about it but at the end of the day its "my day".

#19 jennifer769405

• 152 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:12 PM

I don't think it's weird at all! Go for it :)

#20 rosieposie

• 649 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:56 AM

aww thanks again ladies

a coworker overheard my conversation about this with a (close) coworker and said "it's such a shame your father doesn't want to walk you down the aisle. That doesn't make for a very good start to a marriage".

i was so shocked i didn't know what to say. she made me want to run to the washroom and cry....but maybe i'm just being too sensitive.....

we're already having a chinese tea ceremony beforehand - the part our parents really want us to have, so the western ceremony doesn't mean much to them, it's for us.

much better now. yup. its what i want, who cares what ppl might say, as long as we're happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users