Sign in to follow this  
rosieposie

Weird If I Walk Myself Down the Aisle?

definately not weird at all. i've been to many where the bride has walked by herself. mainly because dads weren't apart of their lives and didn't want to ask anyone else

It's not weird at all.  Many brides walk the isle solo even with parents and other relatives in attendance.  If it's priority for you, then pay for your brother to come, but make sure that's where you want to spend that money

I agree.. I thought that is what I was going to do before I knew if my dad would come to mexico for my wedding. I've seen a couple brides walk alone, or walk with their Mom or whoever!

Hi! 

I'm not even sure at this point if my dad will be attending. Parents are divorced, mom is remarried and I know she won't go (finances, taking care of my gma, and my little sister is still in school). We're having a dinner for them post DW instead, not really a big AHR, just a nice dinner. Dad may or may not go... who knows. However, I don't plan on having anyone walk me down the aisle. I'm going to walk alone. And, if my dad does decide to come, I'll have him wait for me at the chuppa/canopy to give me away there. 

Hope this helps! Do what will make you feel comfortable on your big day. :)