162 replies to this topic

#131 1BeachBride

1BeachBride
  • 288 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 21, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Bavaro Resorts & Spa- Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:29 AM

We are really not traditional at! We already live together as well.

We will be in the same room and go to breakfast together the morning of. After enjoying time together with friends and family early in the day, we will then separate to prepare for our ceremony which isn't until 4pm. Not sure about the specifics yet but he'll see me again when I walk down the isle. I want his honest first reaction for our photos/video. My dress is a secret too. He has no clue what I'm wearing. It's being kept at my parents' home not ours.

#132 MrsSheppardToBe

MrsSheppardToBe
  • 128 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Ocean Coral & Turquesa
  • LocationRiviera Maya

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

I've asked my FI to sleep somewhere else the night before.

I think it'll be nice to wake up on my wedding day, just me.  I'm looking forward to having an entire morning of relaxing and seeing my FI for the first time that day as I'm walking down the aisle.

#133 Tanya81

Tanya81
  • 174 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Gran Caribe Real, Cancun MX

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

Hmm... I never thought about this b4. Something to think about.

#134 immelsara

immelsara
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

I will not be sleeping in the same room, I am kicking my fiancé out. It's not really because of tradition, I just want to spend that night with my best friends, a real old fashion sleepover. Also because we will be up fairly early getting ready in our room since I will be splurging for a suite.

#135 MrsSheppardToBe

MrsSheppardToBe
    • 128 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 5, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Ocean Coral & Turquesa
    • LocationRiviera Maya

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

I will not be sleeping in the same room, I am kicking my fiancé out. It's not really because of tradition, I just want to spend that night with my best friends, a real old fashion sleepover. Also because we will be up fairly early getting ready in our room since I will be splurging for a suite.

I think doing that will add to the anticipation of the wedding day, getting to see your fiance for the first time just as you're walking down the aisle.

#136 tygrrlily

tygrrlily
    • 831 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 19, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace in Cancun, Mexico
    • LocationToronto

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:58 AM

I'm definitely sleeping in the same room with my fiance, and going for breakfast/beach with him in the morning. My ceremonies not until 4 and I'm not wasting an entire day holed up in my room! I'm slightly traditional in the way that I don't want him to see me all done up and in my dress before the wedding, so once the salon appointments roll around we'll go our separate ways for the afternoon :)

We haven't talked about it, but this is what I plan too. We already live together so I can't imagine not sleeping without him there. Our ceremony is earlier at 2pm, so after we wake up, I'll get him to leave so my girls and I can get ready and he'll still get the surprise of seeing me all dolled up :)

Married December 19, 2014 at Beach Palace Resort in Cancun, Mexico

My Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...-resort-121914/

My Wedding Review

Part 1 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881197

Part 2 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881590

Part 3 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881861

#137 Kayla88

Kayla88
    • 163 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 15, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Ocean Coral
    • LocationAlberta

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

We will not be sleeping in the same room. I'll be sharing my room with my sisters and he will be hanging out with his friends. We are going to decide on what restaurants/ locations we will be going to on out wedding day before hand to avoid bumping into each other :)

#138 KathyandEthan

KathyandEthan
    • 170 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
    • LocationCancun Mexico

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

I could go either way. Our hotel will give us a free room the night before so we can be separate (Based upon availability) so if we have the extra room we will do it if not then i'm not paying for an extra and we will just part after breakfast.

#139 Nybride525

Nybride525
    • 229 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

I plan on diff rooms the night before but will just swap with family or friends to make accommodations

Jamie

#140 keezy

keezy
    • 151 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
    • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

I'm still debating kicking him out for the night. Like the idea of the anticipation build up :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users