Riviera Maya/Cancun Newbie

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 karielk

• 177 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hi all,

My name is Kami and I'm getting married 11/11/11 somewhere in Riviera Maya or Cancun. I've been lurking on hear reading everyone's great comments for awhile.

We're trying to pick a resort now. If anyone has thoughts on which one of these would be best, I'd love to hear!

Gran Caribe Real
    Sandos Playacar/Caracol Eco Resort/Riviera Beach
    Barcelo Maya Beach/Costa Cancun/Tucancun Beach
    Dreams Cancun/Riviera Cancun/Tulum/Puerto Aventuras

Hope you're all having a great day,

#2 tweets.13

• Site Supporter
    • 103 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:35 AM

Hi! My fiance and I are also getting married in 2011 (the spring though) and are searching for resorts in either Mexico or the Caribbean. It is a bit overwhelming! A friend of mine recently attended a wedding at Barcelo Maya Beach, and he said it was great. They loved the all inclusive pricing, and said the resort was very laid back and fun. What he liked was that Maya Beach felt like it was a small resort, yet they had the option of using the facilities at the other Barcelo locations.

Hope this helps! If you have any follow-up questions, send me a message and I'll ask him.

Best of Luck!

#3 brandonsbride

• 89 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

Congratulations on your engagement! There is a lot of information on those resorts, once you get the hang of the forum :)
        Happy planning!

#4 karielk

• 177 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for the welcome tweets.13 and brandonsbride! The forum seems great; lots of very helpful people!

tweets.13, I totally know what you mean about it being overwhelming sometimes-- we actually started making a spreadsheet to compare resorts, and I'm *really* not the spreadsheet type (semi-Excel illiterate). But I know that it will all be worth it when my fiance and I are lounging on the beach, drink in hand, and married! =)

#5 Nicyx

• 2,914 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

Hello, Congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

#6 donutdjn

• 419 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:31 AM

congratulations and welcome to the forum!

#7 Mrs Price 2010

Mrs Price 2010
              • 74 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:22 AM

Congratulations! I'm getting married in the Riviera Maya, but unfortunetly not at any of those hotels! I'm sure there will be plenty of people on here to give good advice!

Love your wedding date, we wanted 10/10/10 but it fell on a Sunday! So opt'd for 05/10/10 instead!

Once you have your location and hotel all sorted it'll all start falling into place!
                Happy planning!

#8 KelZavs20

• 301 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:24 AM

Hello and Welcome! You have a cool date!
                  From your list of hotels, i've vacationed at a few (but am clueless on their weddings!)
                  I personally chose Dreams Cancun for our wedding purely due to their gazebo location, and the great response from their weding coordinators.
                  But, ive stayed at the Tucancun and it was great, so was gran caribe real....
                  Happy planning! there is a ton of great info here!

#9 jodi_22n

• 122 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:36 AM

Congratulations on the upcoming destination wedding
                    you will find so much help and advice on here

Happy Planning xx

#10 Le Reve Hotel & Spa

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
                    • Vendor
                    • 323 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

Hello Kami,

Congratulations on your engagement and Welcome the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users