• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 mnh1983

mnh1983
  • 743 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:10 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by islandbride317

My question is this: Does someone think verbally saying to me months ago "count me in" in sufficient, and that I will just know by osmosis that they are coming?! And what's even more noteworthy is that some of the worst "non-responders" are friends of mine that are brides-to-be (or recently married) themselves!!! WTF?!?!
    No, I don't think you should necessarily count a verbal "yes" as a yes. I say this because I've gotten a few "no" RSVPs in the last few days from people who told me previously that they were absolutely attending.

And I am in the same boat about recent or upcoming bride friends who haven't responded at all. I figured that they of all people would know how important it is to have a head count.

#62 islandbride317

islandbride317
    • 1,866 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:07 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mnh1983
      No, I don't think you should necessarily count a verbal "yes" as a yes. I say this because I've gotten a few "no" RSVPs in the last few days from people who told me previously that they were absolutely attending.

And I am in the same boat about recent or upcoming bride friends who haven't responded at all. I figured that they of all people would know how important it is to have a head count.
      I know, right?!? ON BOTH COUNTS!!

For our DW, yes, I also had a few people who were "definitely coming" that ended up rsvp-ing "no" in the end, (or not at all!) as well...

I mean, I understand things come up, and people can't always do the things they say they are going to do, but when I still had people telling me, "we might have to book about a month or so before the wedding", I just told them not to be hurt or bothered when they didn't get the rather-costly OOT bags I was doing for the other guests as a thank-you then, because I had to start ordering the things I needed months before hand!

People don't get it that nothing "just happens at the snap of your fingers"....it takes time to research, organize, order things, and money to pay for it all, and I don't want to go to the hassle for a bunch of people (who are supposed to care about us) that can't even be respectful enough to say whether or not they are going to show up! Double ggggrrrrrrr......!

#63 soontobemrsdow

soontobemrsdow
      • 250 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by islandbride317

People don't get it that nothing "just happens at the snap of your fingers"....it takes time to research, organize, order things, and money to pay for it all, and I don't want to go to the hassle for a bunch of people (who are supposed to care about us) that can't even be respectful enough to say whether or not they are going to show up! Double ggggrrrrrrr......!
        I couldn't agree more!!! Guests had been harrassing me for months to lock in on a price so they could book their trip. so I finally did it and now not one person has booked yet and everyone just keeps saying well maybe I'll wait a bit to see if I can find a price cheaper then your group price. Don't these people realise it's not their vacation I'm trying to organize it's my wedding!

I know I still have 2 1/2 months till the rsvp deadline but with everyone saying 'yes' and no one booking anything I'm unable to start making anything because I know half of those, if not more will turn into 'nos' and i'm not making 20 expensive bags to leave half of them at home to never be used and waste my money and time.

#64 AndreaD

AndreaD
        • 28 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:08 PM

By the way, my fiance's single guys friends were TERRIBLE at not RSVPing. He had to call them to learn that they were coming after all. My advice is to use your judgement. You shouldn't have to call all of the people who haven't RSVPed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users