Photo

Inviting Co-workers

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 Amelie-Mellow

Amelie-Mellow
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

Awesome feedback. I think in the end I am going to go with my "gut" and only invite the 1 or two people who are really my friends and socialize with me outside of the office. Like many of you said- they wont shut down the office and might not even expect to be invited.

Thanks!

#12 jennifer769405

jennifer769405
    • 152 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

I also work in a small office and I only invited one of the girls...the only one that I hang out with outside of work. I have not had anyone say anything about it. I don't really think the others expected to be invited...it's small and it's out of the country!

#13 Mrs.B

Mrs.B
      • 455 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:46 PM

I was having this same dilemma. I decided I would invite everyone, knowing the majority of them wouldn't make the trip. Someone has to stay and man the office.

#14 Leigh17

Leigh17
        • 339 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

I work in an office of about 15 people & I decided it was easier just to invite everyone. They're not going to come to Cancun, but I've found that they are all very appreciative of the invitation. I'm having an AHR also which some of them might come to, and the added expense of them coming to that is worth it to me. I didn't want it to be awkward in the office if I were talking about the wedding.

Also, I'm inviting everyone on my invitation list to both the wedding & the AHR knowing that very few will go to the wedding, but I think people appreciate the thought of being invited to both. And if they want to spend their vacation in Cancun at my wedding...the more the merrier!

#15 PrincssScorpion7

PrincssScorpion7
          • 81 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Stephani
            I find that you cannot just invite a few work colleagues without upsetting others

This is so true just like family. I work for a very large company. I will invite everyone in my department. I know they will not be coming, but at least I invited them. That way on one can say I hurt their feelings.

#16 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
            • Banned
            • 3,639 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

I invited only two workers out of my nine co-workers. I just told them to keep it down and not get hyped up about it. No one took it personally and they understand it can get costly.

#17 Ayita

Ayita
              • 861 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

I did not invite anybody from work. I know a few of them and I see them outside the office, but there are not "friends" in the true sense of the word. I told everybody it was only family and close relatives so nobody would take offense - and at least I avoided the 9she got invited not me why" drama.

#18 jhartford19

jhartford19
                • 187 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:49 PM

I agree with DWBridetobe- the office won't shut down for the week so invite everyone! Also a destination wedding is pricey so only people who consider themselves to be close to you will go. I work at a school with over 30 staff so I am just inviting those that I want there!

#19 sweetluna

sweetluna
                  • 183 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

I'd be leery of sending all coworkers an invite to the wedding because it could be perceived as a gift-grab. I think only those who are close friends should be invited. I work in a small office and that's how it's done where I work. Everyone knows who hangs out together after work so we know who would be invited to events.

#20 teshy1

teshy1
                    • 162 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:04 PM

Tough call. You have to do what you think is right. How badly do you want those 1-2 people you're closer with at the office to attend? Are they as good of friends as your other friends? Unless you feel you're really close to them, I wouldn't worry about inviting them. Are you having any type of celebration at home, after the DW?
                      We had a small wedding with just close friends and family, but we're having a much bigger AHR to include extended family, friends, and co-workers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users