Inviting Co-workers

Just go with what your gut is telling you :)

I dont think there is a wrong why to handle this.

I know how people can get their feeling hurt, so just try to tell the ones you do invite to keep the information about your wedding private to create a happier work enviroment :) The less drama the better!!

I work in a small office as well ( 8 people and 10 contact event employees), I talked to my Head Boss about my wedding and how to handle not inviting everyone. (I'm sending off my save the dates soon so people can start making there vacation plans). She understood, after all she has a business to run and everyone cant take time off from work and shut the office down to attend my wedding. Not to mention we have a policy that no more than 2 people from our office can be on vacation at the same time. She just told me to be honest with everyone, that I would love for everyone to attend, but due to the cost we are only having close friends and family. I'm actually only invited 2 girls from my office (who are sisters) and 2 of our contract event employees. I did have a few girls tell me that they would not be attending but would love for me to send them an STD/invite, just to have it as a keepsake :)... I will be happy to bring them a invite with my extra invitations that I'm not going to use :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a nurse and know that most (or maybe none) of the girls are actually going to make the trip in December for our wedding but I will be inviting all of them. This won't be seperate invitations though, I'm bringing one invitation in and my manager is hanging it in our breakroom. The girls are throwing me a shower so I wanted to let them know they are all welcome.

I would post the inviation or std in the lunch room. When they realize that it is a destination wedding mostly likely they will not want to come because of the extra expense like passport hotel. Only the ones that truly are your friend will actually come. No one will feel excluded and you may actually get a gift!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Amelie-Mellow. I have the same problem...But since I only have a limited number of wedding invitations, I am going to post one (1) invitation outside of my cube wall for all of my many coworkers to read. I have lots of coworkers and I know for certain that some of them would be offended if they did not receive an invitation. I will have more leeway with the AHR invitations so my cube wall, everyone on my team, plus a few friends in other departments will get one of those. At the end of the day, you probably should only extend a personal invitation (including verbally) to the co-workers who you are closest to and absolutely know would really want to attend. I mean really want to attend…because they care about you as a person.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
We have 35 in our company. And being the receptionist, I know everyone of them, most of them pretty well actually. However, there's only about 5 of them that I would call up in the evenings or the weekends. Sooooo I talked to them, stressed how I wanted them to go..and gave them their own invites-BUT I also posted up our invitation up on one of the floors herein the building-you could put it int he lunch room, or cafe or lobby or wherever......and anytime we talked about the wedding at work Id always say "you should totally come" lol.....and I always meant it........just want very formal about it.......in my case...to print another 35 invites or so was pricey....and I didnt want someone to get one then think "why did she invite me? we re not that close?"....lol.....so...thats what I done....let my best friends know I wanted them..and posted the invitation up...
That sounds like a great idea I work with about 60 people and had no clue how to handle it!!
Thanks.smile36.gif

I am having the same problem. I know working in an office it can be difficult but in all honesty if you don't want them there than don't send an invite. If anything, maybe co-workers will throw you a shower and they can attend that instead.

Everyone understands nowadays that money doesn't grow on trees and if you could you would invite everyone but there has to be a limit somewhere.

Hope you get your answer :)