Photo

do you give presents?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:21 AM

I do if I'm close with them. I recently got invited to a wedding of a friend with whom I haven't spoken with in probably 5+ years. She had it listed on her website that presents are expected, even if you don't plan to attend the wedding! That pissed me off so much!! (I posted about it on this forum, of course). I didn't attend, and I didn't send a gift because I felt like I was just another invite for a gift! Otherwise, If I've spoken to the person ...recently, then of course!
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#12 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:23 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by anacgarcia

OMG did Tammy get her pics from Juan
      No I'm still waiting. These are two pictures he sent me since I'm trying to sell my dress. I'm hoping Jen's is up today and mine should be sometime "hopefully" next week.

#13 anaderoux

anaderoux
      • 3,220 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:28 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TammyB
        No I'm still waiting. These are two pictures he sent me since I'm trying to sell my dress. I'm hoping Jen's is up today and mine should be sometime "hopefully" next week.
        It's torture.. mine will be done in 6 weeks suposedly..

#14 tvt

tvt
        • VIP Member
        • 4,812 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:32 AM

for us it depends on whos wedding it is and how close we are to them. but more likely than not, we send presents even if we don't go.

#15 NYJen

NYJen
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:35 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by CourtneyV
            I do if I'm close with them. I recently got invited to a wedding of a friend with whom I haven't spoken with in probably 5+ years. She had it listed on her website that presents are expected, even if you don't plan to attend the wedding! That pissed me off so much!! (I posted about it on this forum, of course). I didn't attend, and I didn't send a gift because I felt like I was just another invite for a gift! Otherwise, If I've spoken to the person ...recently, then of course!

OMG!!! That's just OBNOXIOUS!!! I can't believe someone would say that. I have heard of people doing that and I always feel that's so tacky. Good for you for not sending a gift. I would have done the same thing.

#16 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
            • 716 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:36 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lizz10179
              Not that I'm fishing for presents (lol), it's just that we invited 240(!) people and are expecting probably 80 or so to come. I wasn't sure if I should register for a lot of things or not. I don't want anyone who IS coming to get me a gift because their coming is enough, but didn't know if those who weren't would still send something.

BTW - Sorry I totally highjacked this thread!!!!!!!
              I'm in the same boat. Plan to invite a little over 100, but anticipate about 50 guests. I don't want my guests to worry about buying me a gift after they come all the way to Jamaica to attend my wedding. (A few presents at the AHR would be nice though... LOL)

I'm still trying to figure out the proper way to handle the gift issue. (I haven't registered anywhere yet.)

#17 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:38 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by anacgarcia
                It's torture.. mine will be done in 6 weeks suposedly..
                I thought you already got yours? Do you mean you'll have then in your hand in six weeks?

#18 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:40 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CourtneyV

I read that thread the other day. That girl is ridiculous! I cannot believe the nerve of some people. Good for you not sending her anything!

#19 diana2008

diana2008
                  • 42 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:04 PM

Wow, saying on your website that gifts are expected is so tacky!!!! I wouldn't have sent one to that couple, either.

But besides a situation like that, I always send a gift if I receive an invitation. If it's someone I'm not close with or haven't talked to in ages, I'll just send them something on the lower end of the $$ range than I normally would for a good friend.
                    Diana & Robert
                    July 5, 2008
                    Cabo Surf Hotel

#20 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
                    • 486 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:13 PM

We always send gifts if we are invited to bday parties, bridal showers, weddings. I already have a ton of gifts from family that is not going to the wedding but to the AHR when we return. I have no idea what I am going to do with all this stuff!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users