2. Terrace outside of bamboo room. Yes-there is a terrace that wraps around the room-but that part is not part of the private reception. However, it's at the end of the walkway to the beach-so no guests other than your wedding group are likely to walk all the way down there in the evening. There are a few tables and chairs. I think it would be fine to bring your own decoration. You'll have to ask Pilar exactly how many there are. I'm not positive because I didn't go out there that much. I know a lot of my guests would go out there to chat and smoke, etc...
3. Wait staff - There is no private bar in the bamboo room. We had 2 or 3 waiters and they were somewhat slow in the beginning. My husband went and chatted with one of them to make sure that everyone had full drinks and that seemed to help. Also-the blue bar is right next to the room-so I think we had some guests going out there when they went to smoke. I didn't notice it at all (my drink was always full...lol)-but that's what the hubby just told me.
4. Welcome Dinner Charge - Yes- we paid the $22 per person to have the a la cart. However, that does not guarantee you that the restaurant will be private to your party. They only to promise to have a section reserved for you. For the private party-they usually charge $500 (in addition to the $22 per person). That is why I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out that they reserved the whole thing for us.
5. Welcome Bags-we had beach bags full of goodies for all of our guests-but we did not have them put in each room before the arrival. We just had too many people coming on different days and times-it would have been too hard. I do think they would do this for you if you asked though. We ended up meeting up with all of our guests in the lobby the night before the welcome dinner to pass them out.
6. Ceremony Songs-I had 8 song that I designated as seating/waiting songs. They played those until the wedding party was ready to get started. I have no idea how many they played-I just put enough songs on there so they wouldn't run out. I had 1 song designated for my grandparents, both mom, and bridesmaids to walk down the aisle to. The song was slightly longer than needed-so the music guy faded it out so that it wasn't an abrupt stop. He did the same for my song walking down the aisle. I didn't need the whole song-so it was lighly faded out.
7. Video - The videographer was superfast. We stayed at a resort in playa del carmen for our honeymoon and he delivered it himself to our new resort about 4 days after the wedding.
8. We did not get the massages but we attempted the dinner on the beach. Unfortunately, it was super windy so the tiki torches kept blowing out! Not so romantic! So we asked the waiter if he could do it in our room and they accomodated us. The food was awesome and they even had some singers come in during the main course to sing for us.
9. Hot Tub - could work depending on where your room is. Our room was oceanview-but it was also facing one of the main walkways for the hotel. I'm sure there are more private rooms for some hot tub fun-ours just wasn't one of them. I don't think you could do the curtain-but you could try!
10. I don't remember the cake number-just that it was white with some kind of orange flowers on it. They ended up using different flowers to match the ones I already had. I got the marble with chocolate filling I think. Honestly, the only bite of cake I ate was when we cut it and fed it to each other-it was decent. We paid for the extra 25 people-but if I were to do it again and still have the buffet (which has desserts on it already) - i would just get the cake to feed 25.
11. Cocktail Hour - No signature drink. There were several tables-some that were lower and sit down to seat 4-with no coverings. Also a few bar level cocktail tables for people to stand around. Those had some white linens on them tied around the middle part. Everyone seemed to enjoy the cocktail hour alot.
12. Signs - Yes! They had very nice signs in front of the events that would have the name of the bride and groom and then say "Private Party" on it.
13. Our reception was scheduled to go from 7-11. It ended up starting around 6:30 though. The dj stayed until about 11:15-so almost an hour later than what we paid for.
14. Hair and makeup - I did not use the spa. My hairdresser and good friend was at the wedding so she did my hair. I hired Adrian Guerra to do the makeup for me, my bridesmaids, mom and mother in law (as a surprise). I found Adrian on this forum and he was fantastic! His initial quotes are kind of high-but he will work with your budget-especially if you have multiple people.
15. Excursions - we didn't do any until our honeymoon. I had wanted to plan something for our guests if they were interested-but I spent so much time running around making sure everyone was ok that I never did. Also-with a big group-it kind of turns into a 24 hour hotel party. I don't think anyone even wanted to leave the resort!
16. Ironing Sashes - I paid the $1 for each. There was just too much going on to have to worry about doing that the night before the wedding.
17. After Party - I know a lot of my guests headed to the sports bar afterwards (we spent a lot of late nights there before the wedding) - but my husband and I didn't. I, unfortunately, had a little too much to drink and did not eat practically anything the whole wedding day-so needless to say-it was time to go back to the room! lol
18. Coco Bongo - We didn't go out in cancun while we were there-but we have been to coco bongo on a previous trip and had a blast!
Ok-hope that helps!!!!