The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#491 KristieSteven

KristieSteven
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

Hi Lisadias! 

I had the same issue with Pilar last week...I called and spoke to Ana who did say that Pilar was out of town.  I finally got my confirmation about a week later!! I was anxious! ;)

Kristie + Steven ~ 11.11.11 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

#492 SKing24

SKing24
    • 265 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:11 AM

Wait I'm confused about the chairs...$7-$9 per chair??  Even if you purchased one of the packages?  Does anyone else think that seems ridiculously expensive?

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#493 lisadias

lisadias
      • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:21 AM

I was told 7$plus taxes for either chair so I am going with the chair covers and bringing my own bows!!!! To me it's not worth the extra 400$ or so for the amount of people I am having. They are pretty though!

#494 FutureMrsHolt

FutureMrsHolt
        • 168 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:28 AM

I thought chairs came with the package. Is this for an upgrade of chairs?

#495 T&A

T&A
          • 59 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:42 AM

I was told both chairs cost $7. It is crazy how much does the chairs cost.

Now Jade - May 3, 2011.

#496 lisadias

lisadias
            • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:39 AM

chairs do come with the package, they are the banquet chairs with white chair covers. The chairs we are discussing are upgraded chairs.

Originally Posted by FutureMrsHolt 

I thought chairs came with the package. Is this for an upgrade of chairs?

#497 CherryColaLola

CherryColaLola
              • 26 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:13 AM

I also have not heard back from Pilar or Ana Maria in over two weeks. I'm getting frustrated because I was waiting on a few answers about my package before I went ahead and booked a seperate photographer and DJ. Since it is taking so long, I went ahead and booked my outside vendors, I'm just praying that they will make substitutions for the ones that are included in the package. Is anyone else using the Bamboo room for their reception? I wanted to know how you are planning to decorate it...I was thinking of using poms but I wouldn't know how they would be able to hang them.

#498 FutureMrsHolt

FutureMrsHolt
                • 168 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:43 AM

Thanks Lisa!

CherryCola- I'm using the bamboo room but I haven't thought about decorations. My FMIL is going there in a couple weeks and going to take pictures so once I see it I will decide from there if I'm going to decorate it. I'm just trying to keep from bringing a lot of stuff down there!

#499 lisadias

lisadias
                  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:01 AM

I am in the bamboo room and i was going to use some string lighting for the bamboo and some chinese lanterns.

#500 primavera

primavera
                    • 428 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:02 AM

I think the fee for the chairs are ridiculous, it seems like they would be easier for them to set up too so it doesn't make sense. I will take whatever chairs I get for free and make the best of it.

CherryColaLola, I'm using the bamboo room and I think Lisa is as well. I haven't thought much about decorations yet but I need to come up with something to make it cozier. I'm Swedish (that's my excuse hahah) so I don't know what poms are and can't help you with that.

I still haven't heard from Ana regarding the food choices. I don't know how many guests we will have, if more than 50 I will go with the buffet option. If less than 50 I will fight the replacement/change fee for sure. I just ordered the STDs yesterday so hopefully I will have an idea of how many people are coming after we send them out.

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users