• 12 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:00 PM

Jesse & Jenny - 12/2/10

#192 MPopp

MPopp
    • 28 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

Hi Lisa,

You mentioned that you are getting total three hours for not taking the photographer from the resort...are they charging you anything for this or just swapping out of the package? I am bringing my own photographer as well and I asked Pilar if I could swap the photographer for the videographer from the package and pay any difference and I was told no.

#193 MPopp

MPopp
      • 28 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ldunson
        Ugh why are there no bridesmaids bouquets in the pkgs? I didn't even realize that! What the heck am I supposed to do with a corsage...? I would also like to know about outside florists! I wonder if I could order one or two small bouquets and split them up since I have four bridesmaids? I also just found out that there is a wedding in the same location as me TWO HOURS before my ceremony!!
        I have 8 bridesmaids and the $65 a bouquet is just too expensive for my budget!!! From the posts I have read it looks like outside florists are okay. Has anyone worked with or contacted an outside florist?? I would like to see if there are more cheaper prices to cut costs. Also thinking of just doing a single flower for the bridesmaid bouquets..maybe a cala lily or gerbera daisy.

#194 Tracysab

Tracysab
        • 66 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:40 PM

Tracy and Chad 10.25.2010

I'd like to know if anyone has contacted an outside florist as well!

Just FYI though-I wasn't super excited about the bouquet and centerpiece arrangements Pilar sent either-so I did my own research into the type of flowers I wanted. I'm trying to go for a more bright tropical feel. Anyway-I sent her pictures of 3 different arrangements and asked if she could use them as a guide. They didn't have to look exactly like what I sent-but I wanted the same style. She told me it was no problem and that they will even try to keep it in the same budget as the ones in her book. It even says in the book that you can request different colors and things like that. She said when I get to the resort-she'll have the florist sit in with us to discuss it more. That kind of eased my mind about the situation.

Having said that, though-I still think the prices are a bit ridiculous. I added the "canopy" arrangement to hang from the top of the pergola and it's nearly $400 after taxes. I just love the way it looks though. The only reason I went ahead with it was because she promised to incorporate it into the reception some kind of way. I'd hate to spend that money on something that my guests will only see for a 20 minute ceremony!

#195 Tracysab

Tracysab
          • 66 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

OH crap-I just realized my wedding is only 3 months away. Crazy how time flies...
            (of course we didn't even get engaged until late April-so it's not like I gave myself a whole lot of time to begin with) lol

#196 lisadias

lisadias
            • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MPopp
              Hi Lisa,

You mentioned that you are getting total three hours for not taking the photographer from the resort...are they charging you anything for this or just swapping out of the package? I am bringing my own photographer as well and I asked Pilar if I could swap the photographer for the videographer from the package and pay any difference and I was told no.
              WHAT!!! that is crazy. I was initially dealing with Pillar but since Sandra came back from mat leave I was reassigned to her. Thank God! I am not taking the resort photographer with the Devine Package which is an upgraded photographer package from the other packages and getting 2 extra hour of videography. If you are taking the devine package you should ask for the same thing or talk to Sandra. If you have another package then maybe that is why. Good Luck!

#197 lisadias

lisadias
              • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tracysab
                OH crap-I just realized my wedding is only 3 months away. Crazy how time flies...
                (of course we didn't even get engaged until late April-so it's not like I gave myself a whole lot of time to begin with) lol
                Wow exciting. I wish mine wasn't so far away! What colors did you choose?

#198 lisadias

lisadias
                • 1,116 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:55 AM

Just reached junior member status but still can't download attachments!!!!! Not sure why. Anyone know?

#199 FutureMrsHolt

FutureMrsHolt
                  • 168 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:01 AM

I'm going to ask if I can switch out the photographer for more video. I think i'm going to real touch flowers just so that I can have what I want. I think the firedancers were awesome too but I can't see spending $1000 for them.

Lisa- I'm with you on the waiting. I wish mine was sooner. I hate this waiting!

#200 lisadias

lisadias
                    • 1,116 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:29 AM

I might go with the real touch flowers also for my two sisters who are my bridesmaids. Would it be weird if i had real flower bouquets as it is included in the package and they didn't? i am using the two corsages for the grooms mother and my grandmother, the two included boutinieres for groomsmen and getting two extra for the father so the bridesmaids would be the only ones with real touch but i guess it would be a nice momento for them right? Any thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users