Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1861 ChristieAnn

ChristieAnn
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

I will be there july 31st for our Aug 5th wedding!!! What are your details on your wedding??

#1862 kjsawyer

kjsawyer
    • 14 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:29 AM

for those who have been there and back... did you have any issues with ground transportation?

my travel agent wants us to book it ahead of time, but for $78 per person... that sounds pretty steep to me! I told her we would just get a taxi and she said it wouldn´t be a pleasant experience (whatever that means...)

did anyone have any issues with ground transportation to and from the Cancun airport?

thanks!

#1863 shorn

shorn
      • 67 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

lesa860- yes my flowers were from the resort florist. I sent Ana a picture of what i wanted and they did  a great job recreating it!

#1864 irishdonna

irishdonna
        • 83 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

for those who have been there and back... did you have any issues with ground transportation?

my travel agent wants us to book it ahead of time, but for $78 per person... that sounds pretty steep to me! I told her we would just get a taxi and she said it wouldn´t be a pleasant experience (whatever that means...)

did anyone have any issues with ground transportation to and from the Cancun airport?

thanks!

$78 there and back? When my fianc© and I went last year we paid $100 for a taxi so I'd say $78 is good if it's there and back. It was $100 one way and $60 on the way back through the resort. Check out cancun transportation

#1865 kjsawyer

kjsawyer
          • 14 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

thanks for responding! :)

yes, it´s round trip, per person, there will be 3 of us on the way in and 4 of us on the way out ($78x3=$234 and $78x4=$312)... was your taxi fare $100 total or $100 per person?

#1866 jmac

jmac
            • 20 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

Hi Ladies

Just out of curiosity - can someone tell me what the 'festival terrace' is? I am getting married at the Pergola, and have the cocktail at the blue bar (its underneath right?) and then I thought I booked the terrace or bamboo room for the reception. I can't remember - but I wanted to be outside. I thought the terrace was outside of the bamboo room? Or how does this work?

Thanks!

#1867 irishdonna

irishdonna
              • 83 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

i was going to use cancun transport and it was going to cost us $120 round trip for both of us. My finance thought that was ridiculous and insisted on getting a cab, so when we got to the airport the taxi cost us $100 for two of us to the resort! Then i believe it was $60 for our way back. So i'd say $78 round trip pp in a good deal. You should contact the resort and ask what price they can get you=)

Originally Posted by kjsawyer 

thanks for responding! :)

yes, it´s round trip, per person, there will be 3 of us on the way in and 4 of us on the way out ($78x3=$234 and $78x4=$312)... was your taxi fare $100 total or $100 per person?

#1868 irishdonna

irishdonna
                • 83 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:56 PM

I have all the same places booked for mine=) I believe it is outside the bamboo room, it's an open deck with a roof on half i think...and you can see the ocean. Should be nice!

Originally Posted by jmac 

Hi Ladies

Just out of curiosity - can someone tell me what the 'festival terrace' is? I am getting married at the Pergola, and have the cocktail at the blue bar (its underneath right?) and then I thought I booked the terrace or bamboo room for the reception. I can't remember - but I wanted to be outside. I thought the terrace was outside of the bamboo room? Or how does this work?

Thanks!

#1869 AmyG

AmyG
                  • 189 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:26 AM

Thanks mkennedy!  I'll have to look into Old Navy for sure!

Originally Posted by mkennedy 

AmyG,

Thank you, I loved my colors too..I had several people doubt me with my color choice until they actually saw it all together! :) I got the groomsmen attire all at Old Navy for about $60 for shirt, shoes, and pants!

#1870 kimmysue

kimmysue
                    • 25 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

I'm wondering about the menu cards she made you...I was considering bringing my own, but may not worry about it if the resort will supply them! Do you  have a photo of them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users