Jump to content

Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun


  • Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1771 jmac

jmac
  • Newbie
  • 20 posts

    Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

    Hey All

     

    Just put my deposit down for April 17th, 2012. Haven't even started thinking about much yet (although I did indicate the middle pkg) - but depending on how many people end up coming might switch it up. Just curious how flexible they are around the food. I looked at the menu options that were sent to me - and to be honest - nothing really looked great. Im a pretty picky eater and dont eat much seafood or meat and am just hoping that they will be able to accomodate outside of what was presented to me for menu options. Again - not sure what we are going to be doing with dinner yet (will depend on #'s) - but just wondering what everyone else's experience was like? :)

     

    Thanks!



    #1772 Erinn

    Erinn
    • Newbie
    • 9 posts

      Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

      Irishdonna, I am getting married on December 1st, the day before you!!! I have chosen the Divine package but other than what is included I have not added anything else on. Let me know your colours are and maybe we could share some items. My colours are fuschia, coral, lime and white.

      I will be bringing down white lanterns for the table and some other decorations. I haven't really considered much outside of the package - but maybe I should be concerned with the photography and videographer??



      #1773 SKing24

      SKing24
      • Jr. Member
      • 265 posts

        Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

        I just got my professional pictures back, and they're amazing!!  No need to pay more for an outside photographer.  We just went through the resort and we got Mike (Miguel) from Mexican Wedding Photos.  He was so fun to work with and the pictures turned out perfectly.  We did upgrade the package so we had him for 4 hours, and then we paid for the dvd of all the pics he took.  Here's a preview (sorry they're so big):

         

        E&S-46.jpgE&S-126.jpgE&S-153.jpg


        Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

        #1774 primavera

        primavera
        • Jr. Member
        • 428 posts

          Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:27 PM


          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kara80 

          Hi Ladies-

           

          Does anyone have any money saving tips or advise when it comes to using the resort photographer?

           

          I'm going with the middle wedding package. It includes one hour of photo time. Each additional hour is $99. I'm trying to decide if I want to pay the extra time? I do want a CD of pictuers so that I can make my own wedding album and video when I get back.

           

          Any advise for previous brides is helpful!

          I was considering adding an extra hour but ended up not to. We had the middle package too (Eternity). He came to my room about 10 min before (I had said I didn't need "getting ready" pics but he showed anyway and I'm glad because I got some beautiful pics of me and my sis) and took some pics of me and my sis and then took pics during the whole ceremony and family and our bridal photos afterwards. I got the feeling the time didn't matter much, it wasn't as he was checking the time or anything. When we and he felt that we were done with our bridal photos is when we stopped. They take a ton of photos and you get to see them all, you can buy as many as you would like in addition to the photos included in the package (we did) and they will negotiate the price with you. We loved our photos and the resort photographers are great and very friendly and helpful!!!! They also gave us a photo book (they are mailing it to us) with our pick of photos and put together a slideshow with pics and music for us. I highly recommend them!!!


          Originally Posted by irishdonna 

          I'm getting the divine package and was just planning on using the flowers incl in the package, is anyone else doing this? It seems like everyone is using outside vendors. I Don't plan on doing much add ons with the package and was wondering if anyone could tell me what is good to add on because i'm seriously horrible at this type of stuff =( I'm bringing my friend who is my photographer so they are giving me extra DJ time for the swap. Also, i'm getting married december 2nd, i have my dress and i think i know what colors i want...i have the wedding package and spot saved but thats it! Am i behind in planning? should i be panic mode? lol like i said, i'm horribe at this =S


          I only used the flowers included in the Eternity package and they were beautiful!! They did not look like the picture and when I mentioned that they offered to redo my whole bouquet. I said thanks but no thanks, since it wasn't that important to me and the bouquet was beautiful anyway. Now, looking back at the pics I'm happy I didn't.

          Here is my best advice: This forum is great! BUT don't let it get you into panic mode. We moved to another state, had to find a new home and I started a new job 2 months before the wedding so needless to say I didn't have much time to plan the wedding. Believe me, you don't need it, unless you are a*al on what you want. The wedding coordinators have everything under control and a lot of things can be decided (and are easier to) when you are there. I got my dress 2 weeks before the wedding :)


          April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

          #1775 saraandjon

          saraandjon
          • Jr. Member
          • 177 posts

            Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

            Quick question for those who have already gotten married:

             

            Are the reception tables 8 person each?



            #1776 ChristieAnn

            ChristieAnn
            • Newbie
            • 37 posts

              Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:07 PM

              I need some advice!!!!!

               

              Can someone please give me a timeline on how their day went?? I am getting married at 6pm on the beach. I was thinking 6-630 ceremony, 630-730 cocktail, 730-11 reception.   What do you think about that??

               

              Also a timeline of the reception.... when the first dance, speech, and dinner is??

               

              Thanks a bunch ladies! 



              #1777 mlawhead

              mlawhead
              • Newbie
              • 21 posts

                Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

                Hi Sara,

                 

                Pilar called me the other night and I asked her about the tables- she said you can sit 6-8 people at each table. That was for the circular ones, but I know the rectangular ones are bigger...I hope that helps!

                 

                Mindy
                 

                Originally Posted by saraandjon 

                Quick question for those who have already gotten married:

                 

                Are the reception tables 8 person each?



                 



                #1778 irishdonna

                irishdonna
                • Newbie
                • 83 posts

                  Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:37 PM


                  So it sounds like we are on the same page=) How many people are going to be attending your wedding? When do you arrive and leave? I'm leaning towards blue, fuschia and orange, but i change my mind daily lol

                  Originally Posted by Erinn 

                  Irishdonna, I am getting married on December 1st, the day before you!!! I have chosen the Divine package but other than what is included I have not added anything else on. Let me know your colours are and maybe we could share some items. My colours are fuschia, coral, lime and white.

                  I will be bringing down white lanterns for the table and some other decorations. I haven't really considered much outside of the package - but maybe I should be concerned with the photography and videographer??



                   



                  #1779 Nita1118

                  Nita1118
                  • Newbie
                  • 4 posts

                    Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:35 PM

                    Hello all...I am a new bride getting married at the Now Jade in November 2011!  I cannot wait.  This forum is so helpful!  I am wondering if someone would be able to tell me how much it cost to bring in outside photographers.  We are wanting to hire Derek and Lorena which means two external people.  Can someone advise cost?  THANKS SO MUCH!!!



                    #1780 Kara80

                    Kara80
                    • Newbie
                    • 38 posts

                      Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:55 AM



                       

                      Originally Posted by primavera 

                      I was considering adding an extra hour but ended up not to. We had the middle package too (Eternity). He came to my room about 10 min before (I had said I didn't need "getting ready" pics but he showed anyway and I'm glad because I got some beautiful pics of me and my sis) and took some pics of me and my sis and then took pics during the whole ceremony and family and our bridal photos afterwards. I got the feeling the time didn't matter much, it wasn't as he was checking the time or anything. When we and he felt that we were done with our bridal photos is when we stopped. They take a ton of photos and you get to see them all, you can buy as many as you would like in addition to the photos included in the package (we did) and they will negotiate the price with you. We loved our photos and the resort photographers are great and very friendly and helpful!!!! They also gave us a photo book (they are mailing it to us) with our pick of photos and put together a slideshow with pics and music for us. I highly recommend them!!!



                      I only used the flowers included in the Eternity package and they were beautiful!! They did not look like the picture and when I mentioned that they offered to redo my whole bouquet. I said thanks but no thanks, since it wasn't that important to me and the bouquet was beautiful anyway. Now, looking back at the pics I'm happy I didn't.

                      Here is my best advice: This forum is great! BUT don't let it get you into panic mode. We moved to another state, had to find a new home and I started a new job 2 months before the wedding so needless to say I didn't have much time to plan the wedding. Believe me, you don't need it, unless you are a*al on what you want. The wedding coordinators have everything under control and a lot of things can be decided (and are easier to) when you are there. I got my dress 2 weeks before the wedding :)


                      Thank you so much for your advise. I feel much better going with what my package offers.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users