Jump to content

Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun


  • Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1751 kimmysue

kimmysue
  • Newbie
  • 25 posts

    Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:46 AM

    Hey girls! Thanks for the link to the pics, Erin.....absolutely beautiful!

     

    I'm getting married at Jade on November 4, 2011.....50 booked just off our save the dates! GULP! :) We're getting married at the Pergola at 4pm, then having our cocktail reception (2 hours) at the Blue Beach Bar. Dinner after that....I'm not planning a formal reception w/ DJ, etc. I thought we would just all hit the dance club after dinner. We're not interested in doing the first dance, dollar dance, etc., like at traditional receptions, and were hoping for to transition our dinner to the club for dancing/drinks. Does this sound like a reasonable timeline for those that have been married there? Also, one bride told me the dance club isn't open every night.....does anyone know for sure? I'd hate to count on us going there to party if it's closed. Any insight on timeline, etc. would be helpful.

     

    I had a phone conversation w/ Ana last week and it helped so much....communicating by email wasn't working for us. I'm bringing my own photographer and minister and by email she wasn't budging at all on me trading that for other services. Per our phone conversation, she's allowing us to trade it for any live music, more flowers or a DJ. We may go w/ the Caribbean trio for our cocktail reception.

     

    Happy Planning!



    #1752 Kara80

    Kara80
    • Newbie
    • 38 posts

      Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:33 AM

      I need help with my timeline of events. I'm getting married on June 21st. Sunset is suppose to be at 7:30ish.

       

      What time shoud I start the ceremony? I was thinking 6:30, but my FI thinks that's to late. I'm worried if we start any sooner it's going to be HOT and the sun will be to bright for his eyes. 



      #1753 kimluedders

      kimluedders
      • Newbie
      • 8 posts

        Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:47 AM

        Can anyone tell me how much the private bar is?



        #1754 SKing24

        SKing24
        • Jr. Member
        • 265 posts

          Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:28 AM


          I was there for 11 nights and the dance club was open every night, so i think you'll be fine.  And yes i think thats a reasonable timeline...it sounds fun
           

          Originally Posted by kimmysue 

          Hey girls! Thanks for the link to the pics, Erin.....absolutely beautiful!

           

          I'm getting married at Jade on November 4, 2011.....50 booked just off our save the dates! GULP! :) We're getting married at the Pergola at 4pm, then having our cocktail reception (2 hours) at the Blue Beach Bar. Dinner after that....I'm not planning a formal reception w/ DJ, etc. I thought we would just all hit the dance club after dinner. We're not interested in doing the first dance, dollar dance, etc., like at traditional receptions, and were hoping for to transition our dinner to the club for dancing/drinks. Does this sound like a reasonable timeline for those that have been married there? Also, one bride told me the dance club isn't open every night.....does anyone know for sure? I'd hate to count on us going there to party if it's closed. Any insight on timeline, etc. would be helpful.

           

          I had a phone conversation w/ Ana last week and it helped so much....communicating by email wasn't working for us. I'm bringing my own photographer and minister and by email she wasn't budging at all on me trading that for other services. Per our phone conversation, she's allowing us to trade it for any live music, more flowers or a DJ. We may go w/ the Caribbean trio for our cocktail reception.

           

          Happy Planning!



           


          It depends on how long your ceremony will be, but I'd probably start around 6 instead of 6:30.  We started mine at 5:15 and i thought it was the perfect timing, but yours is on the longest day of the year. 
           

          Originally Posted by Kara80 

          I need help with my timeline of events. I'm getting married on June 21st. Sunset is suppose to be at 7:30ish.

           

          What time shoud I start the ceremony? I was thinking 6:30, but my FI thinks that's to late. I'm worried if we start any sooner it's going to be HOT and the sun will be to bright for his eyes. 



           



          Private bar was $350 for me, and they didnt add the tax or service fee

          Originally Posted by kimluedders 

          Can anyone tell me how much the private bar is?



           


          Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

          #1755 shorn

          shorn
          • Newbie
          • 67 posts

            Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

            Erin-

            thanks for sharing pics! It looks like you guys had a blast!

             

            Couple questions: how many guests did you have? what buffet did you choose? Any feedback on the food? Did you have the DJ MC the wedding?



            #1756 all the love

            all the love
            • Site Supporter
            • 133 posts

              Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:54 AM


              Hey, your wedding is the day I arrive at Jade, and I get married four days after you!
               

              Originally Posted by kimmysue 

              Hey girls! Thanks for the link to the pics, Erin.....absolutely beautiful!

               

              I'm getting married at Jade on November 4, 2011.....50 booked just off our save the dates! GULP! :) We're getting married at the Pergola at 4pm, then having our cocktail reception (2 hours) at the Blue Beach Bar. Dinner after that....I'm not planning a formal reception w/ DJ, etc. I thought we would just all hit the dance club after dinner. We're not interested in doing the first dance, dollar dance, etc., like at traditional receptions, and were hoping for to transition our dinner to the club for dancing/drinks. Does this sound like a reasonable timeline for those that have been married there? Also, one bride told me the dance club isn't open every night.....does anyone know for sure? I'd hate to count on us going there to party if it's closed. Any insight on timeline, etc. would be helpful.

               

              I had a phone conversation w/ Ana last week and it helped so much....communicating by email wasn't working for us. I'm bringing my own photographer and minister and by email she wasn't budging at all on me trading that for other services. Per our phone conversation, she's allowing us to trade it for any live music, more flowers or a DJ. We may go w/ the Caribbean trio for our cocktail reception.

               

              Happy Planning!



               



              #1757 SKing24

              SKing24
              • Jr. Member
              • 265 posts

                Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:49 PM


                We had 56 guests, we chose the IGUANAS buffet (delicious!), and yes we had the DJ MC the wedding.  He was great!

                Originally Posted by shorn 

                Erin-

                thanks for sharing pics! It looks like you guys had a blast!

                 

                Couple questions: how many guests did you have? what buffet did you choose? Any feedback on the food? Did you have the DJ MC the wedding?



                 


                Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

                #1758 shorn

                shorn
                • Newbie
                • 67 posts

                  Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:11 AM

                  sorry i have so many questions! Who was the DJ, did you send him a rundown of events? Or meet with him before the wedding?



                  #1759 kimmysue

                  kimmysue
                  • Newbie
                  • 25 posts

                    Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:45 AM

                    That's exciting! We'll stay through the following Thursday, so I'm sure we'll run into each other. We should definitely compare notes...and colors....maybe we can share some decorations! :)



                    #1760 SKing24

                    SKing24
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 265 posts

                      Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

                      We used DJ Doremixx. A week or 2 before we went down, we exchanged a few emails with our schedule of reception, our play list, and our do not play list.  They have a standard form they use. Then we scheduled a meeting for wednesday...two days before our wedding.  We were actually high maintenance with our music because my husband wanted very specific songs.  And for the father daughter dance, my dad and i started out with a slow song and then went into a fast funny song.  They created it right there for me in the meeting on the computer.  They did the first song, then did a cool record scratching sound, and went into our fast song.  They were absolutely incredible.  


                      Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users