Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1521 mkennedy

mkennedy
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

Thank you very much! Has anyone had or seen a reception on the beach??

Yea it is 6 feet x 6 feet  

#1522 jacqjade

jacqjade
    • 36 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:39 AM

Thanks for the tips! Another question...has anyone done a slideshow using a projector? Does that cost extra?

#1523 hammy0426

hammy0426
      • 85 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:07 AM

Hi jaqjade,

I wanted to do the projector thing also but it did cost extra.  I cannot remember how much it was going to cost but I did not want to spend the extra money for it so did not end up doing it.

Originally Posted by jacqjade 

Thanks for the tips! Another question...has anyone done a slideshow using a projector? Does that cost extra?

#1524 biehnbag

biehnbag
        • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:22 AM

Yep. We had a slideshow playing at our rehearsal dinner. It cost about $300. They had it all set up and ready -and all we had to do is hook our computer up- with all the cables they provided too.

The price is pretty expensive for only 2 hours, but the hubby wanted it so he paid!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqjade View Post

#1525 snl2011

snl2011
          • 67 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:25 AM

Hey Hammy,

What time did your reception start?  I remember someone saying that Las Olas closes at 6pm, then it takes an hour for reception set up.  Was it ready in time for you? 

#1526 snl2011

snl2011
            • 67 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:30 AM

biehnbag - for the slideshow, did you have to bring your own computer?  do you know if they have a computer available if we brought a flash drive?  and do you know if they will rent the equipment for less than 2 hours?  i just want to do a slide show during the dances...

Originally Posted by biehnbag 

Yep. We had a slideshow playing at our rehearsal dinner. It cost about $300. They had it all set up and ready -and all we had to do is hook our computer up- with all the cables they provided too.

The price is pretty expensive for only 2 hours, but the hubby wanted it so he paid!

Quote:

#1527 mattncarolinewedding

mattncarolinewedding
              • 20 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:53 AM

Hi snl,

We are having our reception at Las Olas April 5 (coming soon!!), and the earliest you can get in is 8pm for the reception, because they close at 6pm and need that time to set-up.

Caroline

#1528 jacqjade

jacqjade
                • 36 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:16 PM

Wow that is expensive to do a slideshow! I"m only wanting to show a 10 min presentation..and spending $300 for that is a bit much. I'm wondering if I can substitute it with something I don't want in the package...although..it doesn't seem likely.

#1529 Shannon801

Shannon801
                  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:20 PM

It's time to choose my bridesmaids... Does anyone have any beachy ideas to ask friends to be included in your event?

#1530 hammy0426

hammy0426
                    • 85 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Las Olas closes for the lunch/pool time at 6pm.  My reception was ready to go by 7pm-ish but I don't think we ended up moving over there until about 7:30 or 8pm.  I think beinbag had hers at Las Olas also and I think they told her 8pm but if I remember correctly, she was able to get in there earlier.

Originally Posted by snl2011 

Hey Hammy,

What time did your reception start?  I remember someone saying that Las Olas closes at 6pm, then it takes an hour for reception set up.  Was it ready in time for you? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)