Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1441 hilla4805

hilla4805
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

Pilar told me today that it is $15 per person for every extra hour over 3 hours for your reception.  She said they have to charge this for the Union and that it doesn't go to the hotel.

#1442 Mischaka

Mischaka
    • 969 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:28 AM

OMG!! I leave for my wedding in 2 days. The time has gone by so fast. In the beginning I had so many ideas for decorations, gifts, etc... but because people and other things have been stressing me out so much I've cut everything. I'm getting just the Divine Package with no extra anything!!! I didn't buy any additional decorations or chair bows like i originally wanted. Nobody is getting any OOT bags. I'm not having a wedding party except for my 7 yr old son. I wish I would have decided on that from the beginning it would have saved me so much time and headaches. I'm finishing up packing right now and doing my music...late..I know. lol I'm so excited to go now!!!! I'll be there from Feb 15-25 and the wedding is on Feb 19, ceremony at the Fountain, cocktail hour and reception at Pure Restaurant. So I guess I will speak to you ladies when I get back!!!!

#1443 lisadias

lisadias
      • 1,116 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:47 AM

Good luck Mischaka! Regardless of all the extras you didn't do, that is not what it's about anyway. It's all about you and your future husband and everything will be beautiful. Don't let other put a damper on your day. Enjoy and have a few for me. Can't wait to hear your review when you get back! All the best!

#1444 primavera

primavera
        • 428 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:43 AM

Good luck Mischaka!! It will be wonderful!

I have made the same decision as you. We will keep it simple, because we can't afford extras and we wanted a laid-back wedding. We never planned on having a bridal party, but I have decided to not do OOT bags these last couple of days. We just don't have the time or the money. As far as decorations, if I can find the money I might get chair bows, fans and something for the reception, but if not it will still be beautiful.

Originally Posted by Mischaka 

OMG!! I leave for my wedding in 2 days. The time has gone by so fast. In the beginning I had so many ideas for decorations, gifts, etc... but because people and other things have been stressing me out so much I've cut everything. I'm getting just the Divine Package with no extra anything!!! I didn't buy any additional decorations or chair bows like i originally wanted. Nobody is getting any OOT bags. I'm not having a wedding party except for my 7 yr old son. I wish I would have decided on that from the beginning it would have saved me so much time and headaches. I'm finishing up packing right now and doing my music...late..I know. lol I'm so excited to go now!!!! I'll be there from Feb 15-25 and the wedding is on Feb 19, ceremony at the Fountain, cocktail hour and reception at Pure Restaurant. So I guess I will speak to you ladies when I get back!!!!

Attached Files

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#1445 HeatherJane12

HeatherJane12
          • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

Mischaka have fun! I'm glad to hear others aren't doing a lot of extras as well.  Same here, no wedding party and we don't even have a package.  I think all you need is your family and close friends and the beach!  Can't wait to hear your reviews.

#1446 SKing24

SKing24
            • 265 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

Yay Mischaka...good luck and congrats!

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#1447 snl2011

snl2011
              • 67 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Have fun Mischaka!  Congratulations and good luck!  Can't wait to hear all about it!

#1448 hammy0426

hammy0426
                • 85 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

Mischaka, good luck and have fun.  I wish that I had told myself no extras from the beginning.  after all, the whole point of a destination wedding is to be relaxed and have a good time .  See you there -I leave in 4 days.

#1449 snl2011

snl2011
                  • 67 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:40 AM

I know some of us are stressing over the amount of extra things we are planning on bringing down, and I know this question has been brought up before, but has anyone given any more thought to having things shipped ahead?  Does anyone know how customs works with this issue?  My wedding isn't until August, but I'm already getting worried I won't have enough bags/people to lug this stuff down!

#1450 shorn

shorn
                    • 67 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:52 AM

Mischaka- Have a fabulous time!! And enjoy it!

Ladies- Has anyone heard any reviews or feedback on the Caribbean Trio or Mariachi band? Or which is better? We are thinking of hiring one for our cocktail hour. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users