Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1351 babybird126

babybird126
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

Also we chose to have our ceremony on the beach (absolutely breath taking) and our reception in the bamboo room.  Everything came out amazing!

#1352 amy9968

amy9968
    • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:00 AM

I am having a very small crowd compared to all of you... I can't imagine this being my first wedding and doing a destination wedding.  I'd be stressing even more then I am.

For those of you bringing favors/gift bags... how do you plan to distribute them?   I'd like for the bags to be in my guests rooms when they arrive.  A back up plan is to have the bags 

ready and labeled for check-in.

Are you all doing a-la-carte weddings or did you purchase a package?

Lisa- you are the 26th...we arrive the 28th.  Will you still be at the resort?   We are only there for 5 nights and leave for our honeymoon the day after we reaffirm our vows.

Amy

#1353 lisadias

lisadias
      • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

Hi Amy9968

Welcome to the forum.

I will still be there till the 30th. :) I am just heading out now but can chat later.

Have fun reading this forum it is awesome! I suggest going through this entire thread because you will have alot of your questions answered for sure.

Lisa

#1354 Cherms

Cherms
        • 24 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

Hi ladies, just wanted to share an article about Puerto Morelos which was posted on SFGate.com last week. The link is below.  Enjoy and share with guests!

http://articles.sfga...-cancun-massage

All the best,

Jen

#1355 KRachelB2011

KRachelB2011
          • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married at the NOW Jade Dec 2011.  A few questions for anyone who knows the following:

1) Do they use a sound system / microphone for beach weddings?  I am nervous my guests wont hear our vows.

2) What are the length of the rectangular tables used for Bamboo room reception?  I would like to bring my own table runners.

3)  Has anyone used the Mariachi band?  Reviews?

4) I am looking for recommendations for an outside photographer, any suggestions?

5) Has anyone brought gift bags for their guests?  Did you have the front desk distribute them?

6) Do they have a larger selection of flowers than what is featured in their wedding book?

7) Pilar said the reception included in the Divine package is only for 3 hours and then we would have to pay an extra $15 per person per hour... is this true? 

Thanks!

KRachelB

#1356 babybird126

babybird126
            • 27 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:58 PM

To answer a few of your questions: Yes they do use a sound system and you will use a microphone so your guests will have no problems hearing your vows.  I used Octavio Montes for the photography and he was absolutely amazing on top of his prices =)  I really would recommend him.  I do know that if you send them a picture of how you would like your flowers, they can do it for you.  We were going to do the Mariachi Band but it was quite expensive so we decided not to go with them.  For the gift bags, do you mean for the wedding?  Cause you can give them to the WC and they will distribute them for you.  We used the circle tables so I am not sure about the rectangle ones.  She is right about the extra money if you want it to go longer.  All we did was after the reception we all went to Scores and continued the party there.  

#1357 lisadias

lisadias
              • 1,116 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:07 AM

Hi Rachel

I think the rectangular tables are the standard 8feet. In terms of a photographer I HIGHLY recommend Ivan Luckie. He has been amazing with me so far. Great communication and prices. He has gone above and beyond already and I haven't even met him yet. He has amazing reviews. Let him know I recommended him if you speak with him. The resort will deliver your OOT bags to the room but I was told at a charge of 2$ per room. If you send the florist pictures of the flowers you want they will try to accomodate, depending on what is in them they may charge you more than what the package offers though.

Lisa

#1358 AlexJH

AlexJH
                • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:13 AM

Hi KRachelB!

I'm also getting married at the Now Jade in December...what day are you getting married?

Originally Posted by KRachelB2011 

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married at the NOW Jade Dec 2011.  A few questions for anyone who knows the following:

1) Do they use a sound system / microphone for beach weddings?  I am nervous my guests wont hear our vows.

2) What are the length of the rectangular tables used for Bamboo room reception?  I would like to bring my own table runners.

4) I am looking for recommendations for an outside photographer, any suggestions?

5) Has anyone brought gift bags for their guests?  Did you have the front desk distribute them?

6) Do they have a larger selection of flowers than what is featured in their wedding book?

7) Pilar said the reception included in the Divine package is only for 3 hours and then we would have to pay an extra $15 per person per hour... is this true? 

Thanks!

KRachelB

#1359 snl2011

snl2011
                  • 67 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:54 PM

Great article!  Thanks for sharing!!

Originally Posted by Cherms 

Hi ladies, just wanted to share an article about Puerto Morelos which was posted on SFGate.com last week. The link is below.  Enjoy and share with guests!

http://articles.sfga...-cancun-massage

All the best,

Jen

#1360 KRachelB2011

KRachelB2011
                    • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

We are getting married Sat Dec 10th. What about you Alex?

Originally Posted by AlexJH 

Hi KRachelB!

I'm also getting married at the Now Jade in December...what day are you getting married?

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KRachelB2011 

Hi Ladies,

Thanks!

KRachelB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users