Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1241 shorn

shorn
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:45 AM

I Locked in a room rate with my travel agent and blocked a portion of rooms- I've informed my guests that they have to a certain date to take advantage of this room rate- after that I cannot guarantee rate or even availability. (there is a certain date i can hold the rooms until without being penalized) - But I did have to front a deposit to hold the rooms for this time period.

Just out of curiosity what are the rates you ladies are getting?

#1242 shorn

shorn
    • 67 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

Also, do you ladies know how many guests the bamboo room can accommodate? It seems the past groups that have used it are around 50 guests- I was wondering if it can hold more

#1243 lisadias

lisadias
      • 1,116 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

I think i remember being told up to 100.

#1244 mattncarolinewedding

mattncarolinewedding
        • 20 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:57 PM

I did the same contract group rate with a travel agent.  From Canada, departing from multiple cities across the country, the 7-night all-inclusive (flight, accom, & transfers) ranged from $1530 - $1750 total.  This is for the first week of April, and the contracted rate was available to book from August to December.  Each guest just had to deposit $200 per person, and the remaining balance comes out in Feb.  For Canadian brides, this is through Flight Centre, but they use Air Transat, since it's the only charter that does all-inclusive to Now Jade.

Originally Posted by shorn 

I Locked in a room rate with my travel agent and blocked a portion of rooms- I've informed my guests that they have to a certain date to take advantage of this room rate- after that I cannot guarantee rate or even availability. (there is a certain date i can hold the rooms until without being penalized) - But I did have to front a deposit to hold the rooms for this time period.

Just out of curiosity what are the rates you ladies are getting?

Caroline :)

#1245 hammy0426

hammy0426
          • 85 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

Lisa, your brochure and travel items look great!  I have borrowed so many ideas from so many different brides on this site -I love it.

When my party had to move suddenly from another resort about a month and a half ago, we all got pricing ranging from $99 - $170 per person (without airfare), per night based on what room category they chose.  we used bookit.com but I just looked it up and the rates are higher now.  I think that the rates are somewhat higher now because people like to get out of town during the winter.  I found that the cheapest rates were over the summer regardless of what date you were actually booking.  I don't know when you wedding date is so not sure if this helps you at all.

#1246 hammy0426

hammy0426
            • 85 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

You must be so excited!  Hope everything goes as planned and that you have a great time.  be sure to post some pictures!

Originally Posted by CherryColaLola 

Hey fellow brides! I haven't checked in for a while, but my time is finally here...we will be getting married in six days. Definitely not getting any sleep at this point and hoping for a smooth wedding and more importantly getting to the Jade safely as we're expecting a big snow storm tomorrow.

I had a quick question for those of you who have gotten married already or have planned out the finances. What do you consider approrpriate tips for everything and which individuals do you plan to tip? I'm a little unsure if i should tip a percentage of the total quote or what is the general rule on this? Also to the different vendors...Thanks, I appreciate any input and happy planning :-)

#1247 ChristieAnn

ChristieAnn
              • 37 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

Has anyone or will anyone be using crystal curtains to add to the decor? If some, please private message me, I am interested in buying them from you!

Thank! :)

#1248 Ashlee2011

Ashlee2011
                • 26 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:36 AM

Lisa! That is so awesome! I love the photos too! Would you mind sharing these with me? I can't download just yet, so please email me! ashleeclark@hotmail.com Thank you so much and good luck to you! :D

#1249 lisadias

lisadias
                  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:17 AM

Hi Ashlee

I am unable to send them to you and I know you are new to this forum but requesting this could get you banned. I am sure you didn't know this but you need to get 150 posts before you are allowed access to downloads.

Good luck to you too!

Lisa

#1250 mlawhead

mlawhead
                    • 21 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

Hi Ladies!

As a reminder, I am going to be at the NOW from Friday to Sunday this week and I am meeting with Pilar on Saturday, so send me a PM before Friday with any questions you would like me to get answered or if you would like me to take pictures of anything for you!!

Mindy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users