Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1031 lisadias

lisadias
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:26 AM

White napkins are included in the eternity and divine package and if you want colored ones it is $4us a napkin. I purchased all my own colored napkins, table overlays($18 i think) and sashes($5) cause their prices were ridiculous!

Originally Posted by Kmart48 

Tracy--

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing!  I am getting married at the Now Jade on April 8, 2011.  I would love to see more pics from your wedding.....I saw a few, but maybe I missed them on here.  Silly question, but did the hotel provide colored napkins for your reception tables??  I am sure I will have more questions for ya, but I can't think of all of them right now....:)

#1032 82turtles

82turtles
    • 297 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

Lisa,

Wow, $4 per napkin?!?! That's crazy! Do you know if or how much they will charge you for putting on the table overlays and laying out the colored napkins you bring? I know they said they still charge you a set-up fee per chair even if you bring your own chair sashes, but don't remember that cost.

thanks!

Originally Posted by lisadias 

White napkins are included in the eternity and divine package and if you want colored ones it is $4us a napkin. I purchased all my own colored napkins, table overlays($18 i think) and sashes($5) cause their prices were ridiculous!

Quote:

Tracy--

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing!  I am getting married at the Now Jade on April 8, 2011.  I would love to see more pics from your wedding.....I saw a few, but maybe I missed them on here.  Silly question, but did the hotel provide colored napkins for your reception tables??  I am sure I will have more questions for ya, but I can't think of all of them right now....:)

#1033 lisadias

lisadias
      • 1,116 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:01 PM

They don't charge to set up they would just charge you $1 ironing fee if needed per sash. I got a great deal when I bought them myself. Sashes were like 52cents, overlays something like $3 and napkins worked out to be 44cents a piece through

Lisa,

Wow, $4 per napkin?!?! That's crazy! Do you know if or how much they will charge you for putting on the table overlays and laying out the colored napkins you bring? I know they said they still charge you a set-up fee per chair even if you bring your own chair sashes, but don't remember that cost.

thanks!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lisadias 

Quote:

Tracy--

#1034 Tracysab

Tracysab
        • 66 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

mlawhead-

I laughed out loud when I read your post about the romantic dinner because we had the same exact experience.  Same thing-wind was crazy-and kept knocking things over and blowing out the tiki torches.  Before they even brought the first course-I asked our waitor to move the dinner to our room.  We couldn't even see what we were going to eat! 

But yeah-the wind is definitely a factor-but it's something that just can't be planned for.  We were in Mexico 2 weeks-and the whole week of the wedding-it was crazy windy-but then for our honeymoon-it was pretty tame most days.  Our actual ceremony on the pergola was super windy-but it was still beautiful.  My suggestion would be to have your hair up though!  Mine was down and kept flying in my face.  If I were to do it all over again-I would have it pulled back in a low loose bun or an updo or something so you don't have to worry about it. 

#1035 Kmart48

Kmart48
          • 17 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

Lisa--

I love the 1st bouquet....what are the little green flowers called????

#1036 Kmart48

Kmart48
            • 17 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:52 PM

$4 for napkins.....that's crazy!!! Thanks for the scoop! :)  I will prob stick with the included white napkins!

#1037 lisadias

lisadias
              • 1,116 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:35 PM

I was going to do the same but will be using the colored ones for down south and then again for my AHR.

I am not sure what the little green flowers are. I think you are referring to a bouquet I posted a while back that is mostly white with blue in the center and the green flower may be lillies that are still closed, not sure.

#1038 T&A

T&A
                • 59 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:27 AM

Ladies,

Not sure who else is from Toronto, Ontario. There is get together for all DW brides on Nov 23 at 6:30pm. We are meeting at Moxie in Yorkdale mall. Incase you are interested in coming.

Amy

Now Jade - May 3, 2011.

#1039 Kmart48

Kmart48
                  • 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

Yeah, Lisa! You posted those flower pics a while back.  I'm new to this site, so I've just kinda been scrolling through, taking it all in.  But I saw those flowers and loved em!  I have sent Pilar a few bouquet pictures, and all of them included peonies, which she informed me, would be very expensive.  So, I'm looking for flower ideas.....not too thrilled with the resort options.....

#1040 snl2011

snl2011
                    • 67 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

Does anyone have table measurements for either/both the round and long tables?  I emailed Ana, but she's a little slow on the keys these days...  Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users