Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#991 snl2011

snl2011
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:43 AM

Thanks for that awesome review Tracy!  It definitely makes this whole planning process a little less stressful when we get to see and hear about the finished product.  Welcome back!

Is anyone here working with Ana Maria?  It's been almost a month since I've heard from her and I have a bunch of questions...

#992 lisadias

lisadias
    • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:47 AM

No sorry I am with Pillar.

I must tell the ladies that have Pillar that I am shocked at the quick response I received to an email I sent yesterday. I was so happy with the response time and responses. Maybe it's because I have fully prepaid my wedding lol but things are looking up over there.

#993 T&A

T&A
      • 59 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:55 AM

Tracy,

Thank you so much for writing a review for us. I felt reassure on some of my concerns. Did you tip the Pillar or Ada? If so how much did you tip them?  

What did you do with the Chair sash afterward? Were you planning to sell them if so can I buy them from you?

Were the waiters good with getting everyone drinks during the reception dinner?  The airport transfer to the hotel, is there enough room to fit two more people? Does the package also include from the hotel to the airport?

Thanks,

Amy

Now Jade - May 3, 2011.

#994 Tracysab

Tracysab
        • 66 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:37 AM

Amy-

I know my dad tipped Pilar but I have no idea how much-sorry!

Chair Sashes - if you want your chair sashes back-you have to tell Pilar-otherwise she will try to keep them...lol.  Since we were using them for our reception back in Houston-we had to ge them back.  I know my mom still has them.  I'll ask her what she's planning on doing with them or if she doesn't mind getting rid of them.

Waiters - slow at the beginning.  They had wine on hand for the dinner-but when it came to the reception after that-they definitely could have been faster.  My husband said something to them about keeping the drinks full and that seemed to help.  If you are worried about it-talk to Pilar and see if she can have an extra person working the wedding. 

Hotel Transfer - Both ways are included - from the airport and back.  Since we were staying in Playa-they even took us to our second hotel instead of back to the airport.  I'm not sure about adding the extra guests to the car.  It's a big SUV-so I don't have any doubt you could fit 2 more people in there.  I would just ask Pilar or Ana if it's ok first so they don't charge you for it. 

#995 lisadias

lisadias
          • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:03 AM

Amy-I had substituted my private transfers to be used for my grandmother and my friend who are showing up a day after the rest of the entire party and that was ok but I know when I asked about it she said how many people and she asked it in the sense that there may be a charge if it is more than two people so I would definately try to ask her this question and get her to confirm that she will charge or not. The FI and I are all flying down on the same planes as all of our guests except 4 so we thought why not just go the rest of the way with everyone and substituting it has saved 90$ for my grandmother because they are coming from Tampa and with Bookit you had to pay for transfers.

Good tip Tracy because I am using my chair sashes for my AHR also!

My family can drink so I will for sure either need an extra waiter or pay to have a bar set up in that room!!!!

Don't ya just LOVE DADDIES!!!!

#996 SKing24

SKing24
            • 265 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:34 AM

Tracy, thank you so much for all of the information! 

How did you end up paying for everything down there?  Did you just use credit cards, or did you get travelers checks, or does everyone take US dollars?

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#997 Tracysab

Tracysab
              • 66 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:46 AM

The wedding was mostly paid for when we got there.  The outstanding balance was paid by credit card. 

As far as just tourist stuff-everyone takes US dollars or credit cards.  I didn't use any travellers checks-but I'm sure you could use those too.

The only downside to using cash is that they will typically give you change in peso's.  And that's all good as long as you intend to use them.  I just tried to carry smaller bills so that I wouldn't get a ton of change in peso's back.  I used all the peso's I had left over to leave tips for the maids, bell boys, etc. 

#998 primavera

primavera
                • 428 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:58 AM

snl2011, I have Ana, but I have not been in contact with her for the last couple of months. She did reply quick to the last emails I sent her, but it seems to depend on how busy she is at the moment. I have called her a few times as well when I needed a prompt answer.

Tracy, THANK YOU!! I feel so much better after reading your review and you answered a lot of my questions.

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#999 SKing24

SKing24
                  • 265 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:09 AM

Tracy,

We may have talked about this before, but did you ship any of your decorations down before-hand or did you bring it with you in your suitcase?

#1000 SKing24

SKing24
                    • 265 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:18 AM

Oh sorry Tracy more questions.  For the cake cutting...did you bring your own cake cutting set or did they provide one?

And did you plan out the whole reception schedule before the wedding or did you go with the flow?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users