Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by chrisdior View Post

 

Hey can anyone help me with pictures of a reception on the beach? I cant seem to find any on the forum.. maybe i overlooked it undecided.gif  PLEASE HELP :)

 

 

Sorry to post twice (forgot to click the quote button).  I've asked them to include some photos of this at the webinar this weekend, as I haven't been able to find photos of a beach reception either, even after asking Pilar for them directly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! I'm getting married at the Now Jade on April 17th 2013.  Some of my family members are concerned about the issues Mexico is having with the drug wars and such, and I was wondering how secure the Now Jade and surrounding area seemed to be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Jmc8922!

 

I have had a few people say they are concerned with going to Mexico as well and honestly it really bothers me! If they did their research they would know that the drug wars are not happening in Cancun! I get so sick of people saying things about Cancun/Rivera Maya being dangerous so I did find this and I put it on my website:

 

"We are aware there are a lot of things on the news that may be of concern to you in regards to traveling to Mexico. I have done some research on it and according to the U.S. Department of State, they are NOT saying that you should not travel to Cancun! They are recommending that you do not go to the northern Mexico border cities of Tijuana, Nogales, Ciudad Juarez, Nuevo Laredo, Monterrey and Matamoros."

 

I also posted this map:

http://www.travelweekly.com/uploadedFiles/MEXICOMAP4.pdf

 

It just frustrates me that people continue to say that! Do a search on this forum about the dangers of Mexico and you'll find more information.

 

I myself have never been to Cancun, but I have friends that go to Cancun twice a year. They even ride the Collectivo (?) (public transportation) and they say they felt safe. As with anywhere, use common sense and they will be fine!

 

Congrats on your wedding! Please post a review since you are getting married before me! J

 

 

 

Originally Posted by jmc8922 View Post

Hi everyone! I'm getting married at the Now Jade on April 17th 2013.  Some of my family members are concerned about the issues Mexico is having with the drug wars and such, and I was wondering how secure the Now Jade and surrounding area seemed to be?



 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really appreciate knowing I'm not alone with the headache of guests nay-saying our choice of destination. My save the dates arent even out but of course, people ask what the plan is...and I've had many a tough conversation already. I've just started to shut people down immediately if they turn negative and tell them that we'll understand should they choose not to attend. I think I'll take a cue from previous post & put an 'it's sfae' disclaimer on our site before the save the dates go out....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much Shannonmarie! I was getting extremely upset that people were bashing me for choosing Mexico.  I told them that it's not all of Mexico!  Bottom-line, it's my wedding and if they don't want to come that's fine with me. I'm sure there wouldn't be people getting married there everyday if there was such a huge issue!! Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know exactly what you're going through! Unfortunately, the only person who seems to be making the biggest issue out of it is my mom.  Although, when I sent the room rates out to everyone I think she realized that it's set in stone.  Now she seems a little more pleasant about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by MKEbride2be View Post

 

 

 

Sorry to post twice (forgot to click the quote button).  I've asked them to include some photos of this at the webinar this weekend, as I haven't been able to find photos of a beach reception either, even after asking Pilar for them directly.

 

 

I spoke to Pilar before the Webinar and was able to get a direct answer regarding the beach. They don't recommend the beach because of its size. So it looks that idea is out. Did you book your wedding at the Jade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


    You girls are right, the drug wars with the cartels are happening in and around the border towns.  I live about 2 hours north of the AZ/Mexico border and we are no longer able to travel into Mexico due to the issues.  I have been to Cancun/Riviera Cancun once a year for the last few years and have not witnessed any violence.

     However, I will say that you still need to be careful.  Something happened to me at Dreams Tulum last year which I have come to find out happens more and more often to tourists.  I had 2 drinks at the "club" at the Dreams Tulum resort and within 20 minutes I went from sober to passing out. 2 rum and cokes may get me a little tipsy but no where near blacking out.  I woke up the next morning with no memory of what had happened from the time I was at the club untill 11am the next morning.  The only thing I can remember is that I left my first drink at the bar when I went to go dance.  When I came back they had a new one sitting there for me and I never questioned it.  Later, after arriving home I started googling and found out it has happened to many tourists at large all-inclusive hotels and clubs where GHB (normally used as a clear liquid) is put into drinks.  I don't know the reasons for why staff or other tourists or locals would do this to anyone...but its real.  Take it from me...never leave your drink unattended!

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

Hey Jmc8922!

 

I have had a few people say they are concerned with going to Mexico as well and honestly it really bothers me! If they did their research they would know that the drug wars are not happening in Cancun! I get so sick of people saying things about Cancun/Rivera Maya being dangerous so I did find this and I put it on my website:

 

"We are aware there are a lot of things on the news that may be of concern to you in regards to traveling to Mexico. I have done some research on it and according to the U.S. Department of State, they are NOT saying that you should not travel to Cancun! They are recommending that you do not go to the northern Mexico border cities of Tijuana, Nogales, Ciudad Juarez, Nuevo Laredo, Monterrey and Matamoros."

 

I also posted this map:

http://www.travelweekly.com/uploadedFiles/MEXICOMAP4.pdf

 

It just frustrates me that people continue to say that! Do a search on this forum about the dangers of Mexico and you'll find more information.

 

I myself have never been to Cancun, but I have friends that go to Cancun twice a year. They even ride the Collectivo (?) (public transportation) and they say they felt safe. As with anywhere, use common sense and they will be fine!

 

Congrats on your wedding! Please post a review since you are getting married before me! J

 

 

 



 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies! When is the webinar for Now Jade this weekend and how do I sign up.

 

JMC - I'll be getting married there on April 26, 2013!  For a minute, I thought maybe I was one of the few 2013 brides, but I'm glad to hear that you will be getting married in April too!

 

 I'll be arriving Monday 4/22, maybe you will be around?  Happy planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey Caroline! The webinar for Now Jade was last Saturday, the 24th.
 

Originally Posted by Caroline1118 View Post

Hey ladies! When is the webinar for Now Jade this weekend and how do I sign up.

 

JMC - I'll be getting married there on April 26, 2013!  For a minute, I thought maybe I was one of the few 2013 brides, but I'm glad to hear that you will be getting married in April too!

 

 I'll be arriving Monday 4/22, maybe you will be around?  Happy planning!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×