This isn't really wedding related but I have 3 nephews that will be coming for the wedding and my sister was asking about Milk and drinks for the room. They are younger so they still have milk before bed and wasn't sure if this is something that they can request have stocked in the room. What has been everyone's experience with taking young children to the resort?

Thank you! :)

From what I've heard you can just let your room steward know your preferences for the fridge and they seem to accomodate quite well. A small tip early in the week and another partway through might help with special requests like this, but I don't see it being an issue.

My wedding is on November 4 and we did a seating chart.....gave Ana the chart w/ what each person ordered. We're doing the beef filet & shrimp and the scallops and mahi mahi.

So your guests can choose what they want? i had to pick what everyone eats =S

Originally Posted by kimmysue View Post

My wedding is on November 4 and we did a seating chart.....gave Ana the chart w/ what each person ordered. We're doing the beef filet & shrimp and the scallops and mahi mahi.

Hi Ladies,

I'll be at Now Jade next week doing a site visit and I was wondering if anyone here was successful in trying to taste test any of the food options that the hotel offers from the wedding dinner menu?  

Also, this is going to be my first site visit --- does anyone know what I should expect, or have a list of suggested questions that I should ask about while I'm there.  I figured since there are so many brides, you ladies must be experts with questions.  I'm so nervous that I'm going to forgot to ask important questions.

Lastly, if anyone would like any pictures of the hotel, just let me know and I'll do my best to get pictures when I return. 

-Caroline 

I can't help you out with the taste testing but I would love to see pictures when you get back!! Also, has anyone used the DJ from the resort? It isn't included in the 2012 package but I'm not using the photographer so I was able to get a DJ for 2 hours. Was the DJ good? Were you in touch with him prior to the wedding to figure out the music that you wanted played? Thanks for the help!! :)

Originally Posted by Caroline1118 View Post

Hi Ladies,

I'll be at Now Jade next week doing a site visit and I was wondering if anyone here was successful in trying to taste test any of the food options that the hotel offers from the wedding dinner menu?  

Also, this is going to be my first site visit --- does anyone know what I should expect, or have a list of suggested questions that I should ask about while I'm there.  I figured since there are so many brides, you ladies must be experts with questions.  I'm so nervous that I'm going to forgot to ask important questions.

Lastly, if anyone would like any pictures of the hotel, just let me know and I'll do my best to get pictures when I return. 

-Caroline 

If you go to 5th ave in playa, I would love to know if there are flower vendors! Pics of your trip would also be awesome. Make sure you ask about pricing for a rehearsal dinner, if you are going to have one, and about substituting things from the menu, packages, etc. Also, does anyone know if the sound system you can rent includes lights? We are considering doing the iPod thing instead of a dj and I wondered about the lighting situation. Have fun with the site visit! So jealous...

Thanks, ladies!!! Great question suggestions and I will definitely be sure to check out 5th avenue for flower vendors and report back.  

Does anyone know if Now Jade charges a fee for bringing an outside vendor for flowers?  Do any former brides have any recommendations or referrals of flower vendors that they've worked with for weddings at Now Jade? If so, I would love to check them out while I'm there.  Thanks!

Just wondering if you have Ana or Pillar as your WC?  I too am bringing my own photographer but was told I could not substitute for anything. Did you have to do a lot of negotiating to get the DJ?

Originally Posted by kitkat863 View Post

I can't help you out with the taste testing but I would love to see pictures when you get back!! Also, has anyone used the DJ from the resort? It isn't included in the 2012 package but I'm not using the photographer so I was able to get a DJ for 2 hours. Was the DJ good? Were you in touch with him prior to the wedding to figure out the music that you wanted played? Thanks for the help!! :)