Hey everyone! I just recently signed the wedding contract for April 17th, 2013!! So far I've done everything through my travel agent, so I was wondering when Pilar started to contact everyone?

Originally Posted by jmc8922 View Post

Hey everyone! I just recently signed the wedding contract for April 17th, 2013!! So far I've done everything through my travel agent, so I was wondering when Pilar started to contact everyone?

I booked my flight and accommodations thru a TA but spoke directly with Pilar to confirm wedding date, time, locations etc.  Has your TA done all of that for you?  If not I would recommed you get in touch with Pilar (email works but a phone call to her is the fastest way to get a response) ASAP so you can complete the required paperwork and put down a deposit to hold your date and package.  Hope that helps!

PS Congrats on booking!  I thought deciding on a resort was the most difficult part of wedding planning thus far!

My travel agent took care of everything and I already sent the deposit and have the date held and everything.  I just haven't heard from anyone at the resort.  I was expecting that they would contact me after I had put down the deposit.  Maybe I should email her just to double check.

My travel agent took care of everything and I already sent the deposit and have the date held and everything.  I just haven't heard from anyone at the resort.  I was expecting that they would contact me after I had put down the deposit.  Maybe I should email her just to double check.

Congrats! Now Jade is a wonderful resort.  I just got married there a couple weeks ago so I know how busy Pilar is.  It is their busy season for weddings so if you would like some questions answered you are best calling her directly.  If not you should e-mail her.  It has been taking her a while to answer e-mails though.  Best of luck!

Congrats!  We are getting married the day after you at the Now Jade :)  I think it took about a week for the Now Jade to send a confirmation of the deposit paid to my travel agent.  If it's been much longer than that, it might be good to confirm.   Congrats again on making your decision.  I agree with the others, it seems to get easier from here! It seems like Pilar doesn't really need any detailed info until a couple months out, but they can send you a planning form with all of the info you'll eventually need to decide on!

Thank you guys so much! I emailed the resort and Deisy got back to me with the confirmation.  Apparently, she will be my wedding planner.  They sent me the wedding planning form so I guess now it's time to make some decisions!! Where do you ladies think the best place to have the cocktail hour would be? So far, I told them I want the ceremony on the pergola, the cocktail hour in the mix bar, and the reception in the bamboo room.  I'm not one hundred percent on the mix bar, so I was wondering what everyone else thought or if anyone had it in the mix bar?

Thank you guys so much! I emailed the resort and Deisy got back to me with the confirmation.  Apparently, she will be my wedding planner.  They sent me the wedding planning form so I guess now it's time to make some decisions!! Where do you ladies think the best place to have the cocktail hour would be? So far, I told them I want the ceremony on the pergola, the cocktail hour in the mix bar, and the reception in the bamboo room.  I'm not one hundred percent on the mix bar, so I was wondering what everyone else thought or if anyone had it in the mix bar?

that is what I went with for my wedding as well.  It rained on my wedding day so they moved the wedding out doors next to the bamboo and had the cocktail in the main lobby.

We had our cocktail hour at the mix beach bar and I thought it was the best place for the cocktail party. It is kind of seperated from everything so you have more privacy with your group, which I thought was nice. Plus it is right next to the Pergola so no one has to go far from your ceremony and they can watch you get pics on the beach if they want to. Th lobby bar is a good option if you want to be indoors. Not private but it is a nice open area. :)

Originally Posted by Caroline1118 View Post

Does anyone know what Now Jade's fee is to bring in external vendors? I can't seem to find it in my notes anywhere.  Thanks ladies :)

I think it's $300 so keep that in mind if you want to use an outside florist!  If you meet a florist off site and bring everything in yourself, then you can get around the fee.  Also, I was able to wave the vendor fee and the $50 fee for non Jade guests with my photographer since we were paying to feed him and the assistant. (we were over 25 guests)  The wedding coordinators are much more willing to negotiate when you are there.  Just be prepared that everything takes longer when you are there!  We ran into an issue with the bamboo room not being ready and so the cocktail hour went a little long...which was fine but I only had my photographer for a set amount of time.  Luckily he was willing to stick around, but it was still a little annoying.