Quote:

Originally Posted by jmac View Post

Hi Ladies

Just out of curiosity - can someone tell me what the 'festival terrace' is? I am getting married at the Pergola, and have the cocktail at the blue bar (its underneath right?) and then I thought I booked the terrace or bamboo room for the reception. I can't remember - but I wanted to be outside. I thought the terrace was outside of the bamboo room? Or how does this work?

Thanks!

The Festival Terrace is outside (with roof if I remember correctly) the Bamboo room and right next to both the Pergola and the Blue Beach Bar.

Originally Posted by kimmysue View Post

I'm wondering about the menu cards she made you...I was considering bringing my own, but may not worry about it if the resort will supply them! Do you  have a photo of them?

I think my sister might have taken a picture of the menu card, I will see if she can send it to me and I will upload. It was pretty in our colors, pretty font and decorated simple but very beautiful. It had our names and the menu on there, don't remember if it also had the date. I loved it, especially since we didn't expect it.

So turns out the bamboo room is inside only - and this terrace is a completely separate location (yet somewhat attached). I am not able to have my reception outside there... apparently its not available. Im bummed - this is what happens when you have no idea what you are booking! I didnt specify the terrace, I said Bamboo room - yet I thought the terrace being attached was the same thing.

Not so... so now I have to find a new location for my reception. Has anyone used Castaways? Pilar sent me some pics - it looks ok - but still quite a large room. I dont think I will have that many people (25-30 maybe... max...) so I dont want a huge room that we aren't really using. I also don't want to be in the 'garden' where it looks like the entire resort looks into that area, and people walk the paths through there. Doesn't feel quite as private as I would like. I originally thought having a beach reception would be great, but then had visions of people trying to eat with sand blowing in their food.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Im a bit lost...

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmac View Post

So turns out the bamboo room is inside only - and this terrace is a completely separate location (yet somewhat attached). I am not able to have my reception outside there... apparently its not available. Im bummed - this is what happens when you have no idea what you are booking! I didnt specify the terrace, I said Bamboo room - yet I thought the terrace being attached was the same thing.

Not so... so now I have to find a new location for my reception. Has anyone used Castaways? Pilar sent me some pics - it looks ok - but still quite a large room. I dont think I will have that many people (25-30 maybe... max...) so I dont want a huge room that we aren't really using. I also don't want to be in the 'garden' where it looks like the entire resort looks into that area, and people walk the paths through there. Doesn't feel quite as private as I would like. I originally thought having a beach reception would be great, but then had visions of people trying to eat with sand blowing in their food.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Im a bit lost...

Thanks!

Castaways is nice and has like a divider in the room, so it would work for a "smaller" group too. It is open-air but covered roof, still close to your other locations. I would not have the reception in the garden as it is in the middle of the resort and not private at all. 

The Bamboo room is inside but has a wall of windows facing the ocean and the festival terrace, now if the terrace is booked I would have wanted to keep the blinds down so the people out there are not staring at you inside the room. We chose the Bamboo room and were very happy with it. You are outside during the whole stay there and with the ceremony and cocktail hour being outside we didn't feel the need for the reception to be outside as well.

We've chosen Now Jade for our wedding in March and are having a difficult time deciding where to have the ceremony and reception.  We can't decide between the beach and pergola for the ceremony. We also want an outdoor reception but can't decide between using the beach, pool area or one of the terraces.  Does anyone have any pictures of their ceremonies or receptions? It's hard to choose a place based on the information I received from the wedding coordinator. 

Hello Ladies! I just got back from our wedding on July 18th....it was everything AND MORE!!! I was very worried about the lack of communication up until the wedding, since I am a planner! But Pilar had every note taken down and when I got there she went above and beyond to make the wedding amazing! So, as hard as it is...DON'T WORRY! She is great at her job!

For Transfers, we used USA-Transfers, they were very good and the prices are great!

http://www.usa-transfers.com

I was worried about customs, packing 6 bags, bringing my dress on the plane, etc....but everyone was so accomodating and I had no issues getting the stuff there and back!

The resort was WONDERFUL. We went to another resort for our honeymoon, but we wanted to go back to NOW Jade! We had 50 guests and they all are trying to plan another trip to the resort already! It was a perfect place for the wedding and a vacation!

I used the hair/makeup and photographer from the wedding.....they were GREAT! Don't worry at all! My hair and makeup looked just like I wanted and the photographs turned out amazing and we got them back before we left the resort!!!

We had the wedding at the pergola, cocktail reception at the blue beach bar and we had the reception inside at the bamboo room. I would recommend having the reception inside, because it is rather HOT right now! If you do it outside, I would push back the time of the wedding and cocktail reception. We made our cocktail reception longer, so that we could enjoy the time with our guests, so we ended our recption a little later. After, we moved to the sports bar for some more fun!!!

We ended up having the buffet instead of picking a meal. It was wonderful and had a lot of choices. The set up was great as well.

Our flowers were amazing and exactly what I wanted. I sent Pilar a picture and they got it right on!

Our cake on the other hand was not what we wanted! LOL. However, I don't think the bakery is known for making cakes. A few of the other brides that were there also said that is the only thing that wasn't what they wanted. However, we just laughed and ate it (it tasted fine).

The DJ was from the resort and we had a great time dancing! If you have special songs that you want played, I would recommend giving him those in advance or bringing a CD. We brought a playlist on our ipod for the cocktail reception and also for the dinner music.

I am not sure what else to write, but I will tell you that you will have the most perfect wedding at NOW Jade! It was exactly what we wanted and everyone had the best time!

Here are some pictures of our wedding. (resolution is not that great because I pulled them off a website) but if you have any questions or want to see any other pictures of something in particular, let me know!!!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

I paid extra for the chairs and the flowers were my table centerpieces, so I did pay for them, yes, but they put them outside, then brought them back into the reception.

The table clothes I picked out once I got there. Instead of white, you can upgrade to almost any color. She had an entire book. So I picked out the color of the tablecloths and the napkins.