I heard back from her last around the 13th...She usually takes about 1 week to get back to me. I find that if the questions are easy she answers within a week..if its more complicated then it takes longer.

Originally Posted by SKing24 View Post

Is anyone else having trouble getting ahold of Ana?  I emailed her Saturday the 12th and still havent heard back from her.  I am not having any luck this week!

I hear back from her around the 13th. I find if its an easy question she usually responds within a week.

Originally Posted by SKing24 View Post

Is anyone else having trouble getting ahold of Ana?  I emailed her Saturday the 12th and still havent heard back from her.  I am not having any luck this week!

I also emailed Pilar on March 7th & 9th and haven't heard back... and I'm getting married in less than 2 weeks!  Nothing too urgent, but a few little last minute questions, does someone know what her out of office says (like if she's away between certain dates)?  Weird, she's always been really good at getting back to me..

Caroline

April 5 Now Jade bride

I emailed pillar on March 6th, sent a follow up last week and then one again yesterday and she said she only got my last email and that she would respond to me yesterday and she promised but nothing!! I am getting married in a month and also have a few last minute questions. I hope I hear something tonight. I find she has been answering me lately in the evenings.

Hi ladies, even though I got married about one month ago...this site was my life line for so long that I can't help checking in every few days...

There seems to be a lot of talk about a having a TA or not.  although I did not have a good experience with my TA, I called a few different ones in the beginning and asked for quotes.  I never hid it from them that I was shopping around and that seemed to help with pricing.  I also did my own research on-line myself to see what pricing I could get on my own..ultimately I ended up not using a TA and booking on line and letting my guests book on-line themselves.  TA might help if you have a larger party or if you are coming from another country like some of the brides, just keep your options open.

I did not block out rooms for my party and unless you are having your wedding on a super busy week or a large group, I don't see why you would need to do so.  I had guests booking on-line up to 3 weeks before the wedding and since you give the guests names to your WC before you arrive, we had no problems with the rooms even though the resort was at over 100% capacity.  There was no way I could have fronted all that money for each guest room deposit in advance.  All of the platinum room guests were all located in the 7000 building so we were close to each other and the non-platinums were on the other side of the resort.  Not sure if it is necessary to block rooms for your party.  Even if your party ends up in another building or on the non-platinum side, the resort is not very large and all the restaurants and bars are centrally located so we did not have any problems with gathering together.

Thanks Hammy! You just made me feel SO MUCH better!! Because one of my biggest worries is that the hotel gets full and some of my guests won't be able to stay in the same hotel! My wedding is on Nov. 20th (sunday)..and that's the weekend BEFORE US thanksgiving (Thursday)..hopefully it'll be ok..

I just realized that the group rates are exactly the same as on the website. That's a bit frustrating, but I guess there's no choice in that matter! My whole point in trying to get a group block was to get a good "group" rate, but then hey..its the same price!

Originally Posted by hammy0426 View Post

Hi ladies, even though I got married about one month ago...this site was my life line for so long that I can't help checking in every few days...

There seems to be a lot of talk about a having a TA or not.  although I did not have a good experience with my TA, I called a few different ones in the beginning and asked for quotes.  I never hid it from them that I was shopping around and that seemed to help with pricing.  I also did my own research on-line myself to see what pricing I could get on my own..ultimately I ended up not using a TA and booking on line and letting my guests book on-line themselves.  TA might help if you have a larger party or if you are coming from another country like some of the brides, just keep your options open.

I did not block out rooms for my party and unless you are having your wedding on a super busy week or a large group, I don't see why you would need to do so.  I had guests booking on-line up to 3 weeks before the wedding and since you give the guests names to your WC before you arrive, we had no problems with the rooms even though the resort was at over 100% capacity.  There was no way I could have fronted all that money for each guest room deposit in advance.  All of the platinum room guests were all located in the 7000 building so we were close to each other and the non-platinums were on the other side of the resort.  Not sure if it is necessary to block rooms for your party.  Even if your party ends up in another building or on the non-platinum side, the resort is not very large and all the restaurants and bars are centrally located so we did not have any problems with gathering together.

Jacjade, one more tip...you could always trying calling the hotel directly and try to negotiate pricing directly with them.  I know that one of my TA's called there and spoke with the group rates person and they were able to match the pricing that we got on bookit.com.  It would stand to reason that they may be somewhat flexible in their rates if they are talking directly to you.  Also, if you book directly through the hotel, they offer that free room for every 5 or 6 guest rooms booked (I know that another bride said that her TA did not end up honoring that deal but if you through the hotel, they may be able to honor it).  Just an idea...

I think that the reason that we had no problems with any of our rooms is because the WC has all the names of the guests and makes sure there are no issues.

Hi Jacjade

Talk to Patricia at the Hotel. She is the group reservation person. I ended up going with a TA because we were coming from Canada and i wanted everyone to have the flight, transfer and hotel pricing together as a package but before I did that I spoke with her. Good Luck! OMG I leave in 25days!!EEEeeeekkk!