Amie! That is soooo exciting! I can't wait till my countdown is less than 200 lol

Thanks, Lisa! It was fun to make and it really got our guests excited for the wedding!

I can't remember if I have asked this yet, but her goes..

Have any of your brides, or are any you brides going the Ipod route? I am trying to decide on leaving it up to a dj or saving money and keeping control (which I'm really liking lol) and using my ipod.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Robin

I am using the ipod for the ceremony and the cocktail hour but using a dj for the reception. Didn't want to have to worry about making sure the music played all night with no hiccups or having to change it if the guest weren't dancing. I didn't want any dead air hence the DJ! This helped save me costs as I didn't get any soloist or pianist or anything like that for the ceremony and no mariachi or trio(which cost and arm and a leg at our resort btw). To have a little control over the reception music I am preparing a list of songs to play and the dj can wing it from there!

Hi,

We're getting married at the Now Jade in December, 2011. I'm wondering if anyone else mailed their deposit/credit card authorization forms instead emailing them? We chose to mail (registered through USPS)  them just because of how insecure email is, but it's taking longer than we thought to get there. Has anyone else mailed something to the resort? If so, how long did it take?

Robin,

They first quoted me $5 per sparkler! The sparklers they provide are those 3 foot long ones. So since we didn't want that, we just asked our coordinator what our other oprions were. Sandra offered to go into the Cancun market and price the small metal ones we were looking for. Those were $3 a box and I think they had 6/box. Then she even went back to the market to purchse them for us! Maybe Anna or Pillar would be willin to do this?

Originally Posted by RocknRobin04 View Post

Hey Now Brides!

Any of you had any experience with 'Sparklers' at the Now Jade resort?!?! I know I can not bring them with me or transport any into Mexico, but was curious if any of you had found some in Mexico or coordinated them with your WC? Interested in what you might have paid.

THANKS!

Robin

Lisa, great idea to use your own music.  I was planning on using my own song for the ceremony but really hadn't thought about the cocktail party...I guess I could use my own music during the dinner part of the reception too and then I would really only have to use the DJ for 2 hrs that comes with the package.  Are you bringing your own Ipod speakers or are you renting their sound system for $150?  I wonder how big the sound system is and if it could be moved from cocktail hour to the reception without a big hassle.  hmmmm....another questions to Pilar I think.

Originally Posted by lisadias View Post

I am using the ipod for the ceremony and the cocktail hour but using a dj for the reception. Didn't want to have to worry about making sure the music played all night with no hiccups or having to change it if the guest weren't dancing. I didn't want any dead air hence the DJ! This helped save me costs as I didn't get any soloist or pianist or anything like that for the ceremony and no mariachi or trio(which cost and arm and a leg at our resort btw). To have a little control over the reception music I am preparing a list of songs to play and the dj can wing it from there!