Past Brides..how did you get you DIY stuff to the resort?  Like centerpieces, etc..did you pack it all or did anybody ship it right to the resort?  I'm guessing that is pretty expensive..

We plan on doing Thermal Coffee Mugs - which would be tough to pack cause of space and cost of luggage these days.  Also, our centerpieces are going to be colored bottles...would be even more tough to pack cause of them being glass...???

Any thoughts/ideas??

P.S.  Love you guys!!!  msnwink.gif

sarcrook,

I plan on bringing things for my centerpieces with us, we are going to pack as much as possible and then pay for a few extra suitcases for our parents/siblings to bring down... it is going to cost a little bit for each of the extra suitcases but shipping there will cost just as much and probably more.... i also am a total control freak and feel much better bringing my things rather then shipping them so that i know they get there safely, and then i don't have to worry about customs holding anything up...  

back to the legal ceremony thing, i think thats a choice that you have to figure out what works best for you both... my fiance and i wanted to do it the day before we left because we could not imagine coming home from our dream wedding and not being "married", having people say congratulations and not being legally married to us was just not something we wanted to do.  fortunately for us i work for a court and the judge is going to do our legal marriage on valentines day (day before we leave), we are going to keep it very quiet and then treat our wedding in mexico as our  real wedding date.  i am not worried about not having the emotions on the actual day because i know that we both will, i mean after all it is our dream wedding and having our closest friends and family there witnessing everything is going to be the most amazing thing, but now we will be able to come home from mexico and be legit.  either way i don't think it is right or wrong (legally marry before or after your trip) just what works best for the two of you! 

best of luck with all the planning! :) its fun and goes soooooooo fast! :)

Biehnbag,

Thank you for sharing your video!  It was amazing ro watch and you looked beautiful...i absolutely loved your dress!!

Originally Posted by biehnbag View Post

I got married on Nov. 12th!! My very detailed review is coming soon but in the mean time, hopefully you can get a better idea about weddings here. Oscar Video did this "highlight reel" for us. He did a great job! NOW Jade was the perfect place to get married!

biehnbag - THANK YOU for sharing your wedding video!  You're absolutely gorgeous and looked like you guys had a fabulous time!  Can't wait for your review - I know I already have questions for you :)

Originally Posted by biehnbag View Post

I got married on Nov. 12th!! My very detailed review is coming soon but in the mean time, hopefully you can get a better idea about weddings here. Oscar Video did this "highlight reel" for us. He did a great job! NOW Jade was the perfect place to get married!

we are sending our guests their travel mugs with our pre wedding mailing, so everyone can bring their own mug down....it is easy to pack one mug so I gont think anyone willl mind! there is also a section in the pre wedding mailing anout the mug and what its for.

Originally Posted by sarcrook View Post

Past Brides..how did you get you DIY stuff to the resort?  Like centerpieces, etc..did you pack it all or did anybody ship it right to the resort?  I'm guessing that is pretty expensive..

We plan on doing Thermal Coffee Mugs - which would be tough to pack cause of space and cost of luggage these days.  Also, our centerpieces are going to be colored bottles...would be even more tough to pack cause of them being glass...???

Any thoughts/ideas??

I hadn't even thought of that - great idea.  What are you including in your pre-wedding mailing??

Originally Posted by Amiep603 View Post

we are sending our guests their travel mugs with our pre wedding mailing, so everyone can bring their own mug down....it is easy to pack one mug so I gont think anyone willl mind! there is also a section in the pre wedding mailing anout the mug and what its for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcrook View Post

Any thoughts/ideas??

jystar13...what a great idea!!  I hadn't even thought of having family bring stuff down too!!  Thanks for the idea!  I agree that it will cost a fortune to ship things there - and honestly hadn't even thought about customs!!!  Thank you!

I mentioned to my FI the idea of doing the legal part when we got home - he totally wasn't into it.  He LOVED your idea of doing it right before we leave!  We're still thinking it over - it would be really neat during the ceremony for our witnesses to come up and sign the certificate - but it's really expensive!!  Who knows..we've got time to think about it!

I LOVE planning..it's SO fun!!  Pretty sure I couldn't do it without this Forum!!! 

Hello Ladies

I need your opinon. I was thinking of getting fake flowers instead of spending the money on real ones. This way here our wedding guests can keep the flowers and I was thinking of asking Ana (my WC) if we could use the money from the flower budget ( we went with the Devine package) and place it say on dinner or pictures. Is this a good idea or bad??

I think it's a great idea!  We just booked with NOW Sapphire today and I was thinking the same thing.  I've been reading some of the other posts and all the brides that went with the real touch flowers seem to be very happy with their decision.  We haven't contacted our WC yet but let me know what Ana says....I think it's a reasonable request.

Originally Posted by JessnNeil View Post

Hello Ladies

I need your opinon. I was thinking of getting fake flowers instead of spending the money on real ones. This way here our wedding guests can keep the flowers and I was thinking of asking Ana (my WC) if we could use the money from the flower budget ( we went with the Devine package) and place it say on dinner or pictures. Is this a good idea or bad??