Ok, I just got back and its 1am, but I'll try to answer some of your questions now because the next few weeks and months are going to be pretty hectic for me!  Forgive me if I don't make total sense right now.  

Weather- it is hurricane season now, and there have been a couple of storms over the last few weeks.  I thought it was going to rain the whole time we were down there (according to weather.com it was thunderstorms or rain all day every day).  It was beautiful on Tues when we got there, Wednesday was kind of a wash out, and it was beautiful again on Thursday by around 10am (few showers in the morning).  It seems to me like having an entire day of rain like we did on Wednesday is pretty rare, and the sun kept threatening to come out but it never quite made it.  I really wouldn't worry about it...2 out of the 3 days I was down there were beautiful, and like I said, I don't think a complete day of rain is common even during hurricane season.  

Other ceremony/reception locations- You really can't go wrong!  I think size of your party is the biggest factor.  The garden is beautiful, with a great ocean view- Apparently they have had a bunch of events there that have been really nice.  The pergola is beautiful too- I think it looked like it would be too small for my ceremony, but if you have 25-50 guests it would be a great choice, also overlooking the ocean.  For a cocktail hour, I didnt love the location of the orange lounge.  It doesnt have the best view and its just kind of off of a hallway.  Blue beach bar is perfect. You can also have it overlooking the infinity pool (I'm between blue bar and pool deck).  I love the chairs and tables in the lobby for cocktail hour too, it may just be a little less private (like there would be other guests at the bar), but I think they would rope off a whole side for you.  For a reception, I really wanted to be outside but the bamboo room would work great if you dont mind being inside.  Las Olas is kind of indoor/outdoor.  Again, the garden is gorgeous. The beach would be fun too, but I'm a little bit scared about the wind and the lights.  

Las Olas: I dont know what it looked like before, but here is my best description.  First picture is of the bar.  Second is of the decorations on the walls on either side of the bar.  Third shows that silly dividers that I weren't permanet :( and the entrance area (that table might be perfect if you want to do table cards?), but I think it will be ok (see pic 4, my map of how I think I want my set up), and 5 is the ocean view from the reception! I dont think these pics do it justice...it will be beautiful with all of the restaurant tables gone. 

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0655.JPG

las olas map.jpg

IMG_0649.JPG

Thanks Sara for the awesome information!!!

My future in laws leave tomorrow for their visit so once they get back I will post what they have to say along with pictures.

Also, great news I FINALLY booked Gonzalo Nunez for my photographer. For any of you ladies that don't have one and are looking for one he's awesome to work with as far as communication. I literally get emails back within 10 minutes. I have his packages I will forward to anyone who wants them. I also have Ivan Luckie's, Sasha Gluck and Octavio Montes prices too!!!! You can email me at christa.maguire@yahoo.com if you want any of them. I will be more than happy to share!!  

Thanks Sara! YOU ROCK!

This has changed a lot since I've seen it. (A little bummed about the weird fish.) But it still will be great! So Thank a million fo rthe help!

Originally Posted by saraandjon View Post

Ok, I just got back and its 1am, but I'll try to answer some of your questions now because the next few weeks and months are going to be pretty hectic for me!  Forgive me if I don't make total sense right now.  

Weather- it is hurricane season now, and there have been a couple of storms over the last few weeks.  I thought it was going to rain the whole time we were down there (according to weather.com it was thunderstorms or rain all day every day).  It was beautiful on Tues when we got there, Wednesday was kind of a wash out, and it was beautiful again on Thursday by around 10am (few showers in the morning).  It seems to me like having an entire day of rain like we did on Wednesday is pretty rare, and the sun kept threatening to come out but it never quite made it.  I really wouldn't worry about it...2 out of the 3 days I was down there were beautiful, and like I said, I don't think a complete day of rain is common even during hurricane season.  

Other ceremony/reception locations- You really can't go wrong!  I think size of your party is the biggest factor.  The garden is beautiful, with a great ocean view- Apparently they have had a bunch of events there that have been really nice.  The pergola is beautiful too- I think it looked like it would be too small for my ceremony, but if you have 25-50 guests it would be a great choice, also overlooking the ocean.  For a cocktail hour, I didnt love the location of the orange lounge.  It doesnt have the best view and its just kind of off of a hallway.  Blue beach bar is perfect. You can also have it overlooking the infinity pool (I'm between blue bar and pool deck).  I love the chairs and tables in the lobby for cocktail hour too, it may just be a little less private (like there would be other guests at the bar), but I think they would rope off a whole side for you.  For a reception, I really wanted to be outside but the bamboo room would work great if you dont mind being inside.  Las Olas is kind of indoor/outdoor.  Again, the garden is gorgeous. The beach would be fun too, but I'm a little bit scared about the wind and the lights.  

Las Olas: I dont know what it looked like before, but here is my best description.  First picture is of the bar.  Second is of the decorations on the walls on either side of the bar.  Third shows that silly dividers that I weren't permanet " class="bbcode_smiley" height="1" src="http://files.bestdestinationwedding.com/images/smilies//sad.gif" title=":(" width="1" /> and the entrance area (that table might be perfect if you want to do table cards?), but I think it will be ok (see pic 4, my map of how I think I want my set up), and 5 is the ocean view from the reception! I dont think these pics do it justice...it will be beautiful with all of the restaurant tables gone. 

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0655.JPG

las olas map.jpg

IMG_0649.JPG

Just sent you an email about photographer package info.. thanks for offering to send those along!

Originally Posted by FutureMrsHolt View Post

Thanks Sara for the awesome information!!!

My future in laws leave tomorrow for their visit so once they get back I will post what they have to say along with pictures.

Also, great news I FINALLY booked Gonzalo Nunez for my photographer. For any of you ladies that don't have one and are looking for one he's awesome to work with as far as communication. I literally get emails back within 10 minutes. I have his packages I will forward to anyone who wants them. I also have Ivan Luckie's, Sasha Gluck and Octavio Montes prices too!!!! You can email me at christa.maguire@yahoo.com if you want any of them. I will be more than happy to share!!  

I'll be on the call for the last part!  I hope someone takes great notes!

Question:  I just asked Ana Maria about swapping things out of the divine package but she said absolutely not!  I'm planning on bringing my own photographer and hair/makeup person and it seems ridiculous that I still have to "pay" for those services when I don't want them!  I know some of you have said that swapping was easy...any advice to make her give in a little??