Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiep603 View Post
Hi all, as I said before I am bringing along my own photographer and thanks to Tracysab I was able to trade the photographer included in the package for the Caribean Trio to play at the cocktail hour THANK YOU for the idea Tracy!!!!!

I am also curious to know which location people have chosen to have their reception dinner......I chose to have the cocktails and dinner at the Blue Beach bar but not really being able to see the bar I am nervous I made the wrong choice......so let me know what you ladies think/choose please :)

thanks!! Amie Feb 11, 2011 Bride
We are still debating with this. The Blue Beach Bar is really nice. How many people are you having? We are thinking of having cocktails there but dinner somewhere else. The Festival Terrace, Yellow room (which is no longer yellow) and the Pergola are all in the same area. The Blue Beach Bar is just down a level from the Pergola. I have pic's I will post when my fiance gets home with the camera. :)

Click the image to open in full size.

View of the Pergola from the beach

Pergola being set up for a wedding. I think we figured out there were about 130 chairs here.

View of the Pergola from the festival terrace.

Festival Terrace

View of Festival Terrace from beach.

Yellow Room (Which is no longer yellow and is now called the bamboo room.)

Blue Beach Bar

Fountain

Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21aholden View Post
Can I ask what your group rate per night was? We are waiting to hear back from our TA but I'm so anxious! We visited the resort and LOVED it but everything is kind of riding on the group rate.
Our wedding is in May and we just got quotes for three nights, because a lot of our guests will just be coming for the weekend. For three nights, including the transfer to and from the airport, it was $133 per person per night (so $266 night for a couple). Then any additional nights after that were like $125/night/person. I think it's cheaper because you already got your transfer. Oh and these are for the Ocean View Rooms, the Garden Views were a little cheaper. I think it's a great deal! Especially when you see rates of 400-600/night/couple at other resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKing24 View Post
Our wedding is in May and we just got quotes for three nights, because a lot of our guests will just be coming for the weekend. For three nights, including the transfer to and from the airport, it was $133 per person per night (so $266 night for a couple). Then any additional nights after that were like $125/night/person. I think it's cheaper because you already got your transfer. Oh and these are for the Ocean View Rooms, the Garden Views were a little cheaper. I think it's a great deal! Especially when you see rates of 400-600/night/couple at other resorts.
Yay! This makes me feel so much better! I was hoping it would be around that. Did you use a TA or go directly through the resort? Fingers crossed when we get ours back its about the same. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadias View Post
Hi Ladies

Not sure if i am posting this right as it is my first post. I am getting married at the now jade resort in the mayan april 26th 2011 and i am very excited as it looks beautiful. I have heard some mixed reviews and from personal experience it is hit or miss with Pillar with her response time. The packages there are for a maximum of 25 people and we will have about 50 to 60. What pricing has anyone else got for additional dinner? They say 48 per person for eternity and 53 per person for divine package. Has anyone had experience in swapping options in the packages? Any florist recommendations for the area as they want to charge 500$ for a pergola flower centerpiece which i think is way too expensive. Has anyone shipped items to the resort from canada and if so what were the shipping costs. I am thinking of going with a starfish theme and could use and appreciate any help! Thanks Lisa
I am running in to the same problem. We are expecting 80 guests and she told me $53 per person for the dinner, $7 pp for the cake, $4 pp for the champagne toast, $15 pp for the hours devours hour and $15 per person per hour for the open bar! Thats over $100 per person! I am trying to get advice about negotiating these prices because I think its ridiculous to pay so much per person when these people are already staying at the resort...

Quote:
Yay! This makes me feel so much better! I was hoping it would be around that. Did you use a TA or go directly through the resort? Fingers crossed when we get ours back its about the same. Thanks for the info!
Yeah i was excited when i saw the prices too. I am using a TA but you can get the same prices on expedia, orbitz, or apple vacations now too. I don't think they include the airport transfers though. Also you get nights credited back to you and your fiance for having over a certain number of rooms too. So the more you book, the cheaper it gets for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlawhead View Post
I am running in to the same problem. We are expecting 80 guests and she told me $53 per person for the dinner, $7 pp for the cake, $4 pp for the champagne toast, $15 pp for the hours devours hour and $15 per person per hour for the open bar! Thats over $100 per person! I am trying to get advice about negotiating these prices because I think its ridiculous to pay so much per person when these people are already staying at the resort...
I am in the same boat. Thats why we were thinking of seeing if we could trade the cocktail hour for more people at the reception. Then the guests could drink for free at any bar they choose for an hour, and then hopefully you could get another 10+ people at the reception for free. I havent talked to Pilar yet though. It seems for more people, you should get more things for free for bringing the hotel business!

Quote:
We are still debating with this. The Blue Beach Bar is really nice. How many people are you having? We are thinking of having cocktails there but dinner somewhere else. The Festival Terrace, Yellow room (which is no longer yellow) and the Pergola are all in the same area. The Blue Beach Bar is just down a level from the Pergola. I have pic's I will post when my fiance gets home with the camera. :)
Thanks for the pictures!! I think I am going to switch to the festival terrace.....we are having about 20-25 people

Thanks so much for the pictures! i might change to the now blue room lol, that's one of my colors anyway! i just spoke with Pillar tonight and asked about trading the cocktail hour and hors d'oeuvre hour which would be 30 per person over 25ppl and using that 30$ towards 25ppl at dinner so paying about 25-30 per person for the divine dinner. She said no at first but then when i sorta pushed she said she would speak with management. It seems like this is a common question. She at first suggested we not pay for more than the 25 that is included in the package and that people could still order drinks cause the blue beach bar is reserved for that hour anyway but you may run out of hors d'oeuvres. Really most of your party and family will be taking pics of you anyway at that time so if she doesn't allow me to get a discount on dinner then i may go with that suggestion. I will let you know the results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsHolt View Post
I'm using a local travel agent to help me with my travel stuff. She got some really good rates. Unfortunately the airfare isn't out yet for June travel so I'm having to wait on that but Apple Vacations is having a great deal now you might want to talk to your TA about. After searching I found that I was getting a MUCH better deal thru my TA then thru booking at the hotel.

Lisadias- Give me your email and I will send you all the pictures that I have.
shaiyanne3@hotmail.com
Thanks Lisa Dias