Photo

Honeymoon suggestions??

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lyndsay_h

lyndsay_h
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

We're getting married at Dreams Punta Cana in November. Our family and friends are coming for the week of the wedding, then we're staying an extra week for our honeymoon. We've been told that we should go somewhere different for the second week so we aren't bored....so any suggestions on a different Punta Cana resort for the honeymoon?

Thanks! :)

#2 Jackie22

Jackie22
    • 336 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:48 PM

I'm also looking for suggestions for my honeymoon...

We are getting married next month in Mexico and have decide to take our honeymoon in the fall, October/November.

We were thinking Hawaii, Australia, Bora Bora...
      We are looking to go for around 11 days/ 10 nights. I know these are expensive destinations but we are not looking to spend a ton of money. I do want to stay at a resort though.

Does anyone have any other location suggestions or specific resort suggestions in any of those destinations?

Thanks!

#3 Oryx

Oryx
      • 727 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:47 PM

We were thinking about doing this also... depending on the prices, we may look into going to Costa Rica or something. But if we do stay in Punta Cana, maybe the Iberostar Grand Bavaro. Or somewhere without children!

#4 KJ Shea

KJ Shea
        • 110 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:50 AM

We are getting married at the Majestic Colonial and then heading over to the Paridissus Palma Real for a week.

#5 Nicolee

Nicolee
          • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

The Majestic Elegance is a great hotel. We stayed there in December and loved it so much we are having our wedding there. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

#6 JanineA

JanineA
            • 2,482 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:52 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jackie22
              I'm also looking for suggestions for my honeymoon...

We are getting married next month in Mexico and have decide to take our honeymoon in the fall, October/November.

We were thinking Hawaii, Australia, Bora Bora...
              We are looking to go for around 11 days/ 10 nights. I know these are expensive destinations but we are not looking to spend a ton of money. I do want to stay at a resort though.

Does anyone have any other location suggestions or specific resort suggestions in any of those destinations?

Thanks!
              We are heading to Bora Bora for our honeymoon. We're doing Bora Bora, Moorea, Le Taha'a and Tahiti.

On another note why don't you try La Romana its beautiful and perfect for honeymoons!!! It is a distance away from Punta Cana though or Cap Cana!!

#7 bikegirl

bikegirl
              • Banned
              • 319 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:58 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Oryx
                We were thinking about doing this also... depending on the prices, we may look into going to Costa Rica or something. But if we do stay in Punta Cana, maybe the Iberostar Grand Bavaro. Or somewhere without children!
                We're not doing a honeymoon week but if we were and wanted to stay in Punta Cana, I would go with this - an adults only resort.

I believe the Excellence Punta Cana is adults only and it's a beautiful resort!

#8 lesandlynda

lesandlynda
                • 199 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

Have you considered a small intimate resort in the DR on the north shore? It's a tranquil spot nestled in the lush verdant gardens of Vecinos, a beautiful resort at the edge of Cabarete. Stay in and relax or go out on the town in minutes to taste the night life there......perfect combo of choices!

#9 pujbride19

pujbride19
                  • 57 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:45 PM

The Iberostar Grand Bavaro is an amazing hotel. I would call it the perfect honeymoon location from what I saw when I visited. My fiance and I are splitting our honeymoon week between the Ibero Grand and the Secrets Sanctuary in Cap Cana. They both look like quiet and relaxing options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users