Taylorwd's Planning Thread **Lots of Pics!**

I canâ€t believe my time is finally here! More importantly, I canâ€t believe Iâ€m finding the time to do this right before I go! This forum and all you ladies have been so inspirational that I feel I should give back to all the up and coming brides.

Thank you to everyone who gave me such great ideas! I apologize if I donâ€t thank you personally…I canâ€t possibly remember where everything came from!

Let me start off by saying that I am NOT a DIYer when it comes to my wedding planning! Settling on details has been hard enough, let alone finding the energy to actually make things. I donâ€t know how all you girls do it! Truly inspiring.

Weâ€re having a small family-only wedding with a private reception, and our official colors are coral and magenta.

Attire

My dress: Paloma Blanca. Half price, off the rack and it fit! Sorry, I canâ€t post pictures of it directly from the website. If you canâ€t open the attachment you find it on their website and searching style # 3912.

(See attachment at bottom)

FIâ€s linen suit. Calvin Klein, off-white, that we got on sale at Menâ€s Wearhouse at the end of last season ($129).

Click the image to open in full size.

FIâ€s shirt. Light pink/white striped from Menâ€s Wearhouse ($59)

My shoes: I was adamant about having wedges. I donâ€t want to sink in the sand or grass (weâ€re getting married on grass).

Wedding Shoes & Prom Shoes at Discount Wedding Shoes.com

My jewelry: I wanted very simple pearl jewelry. The earrings and bracelet are from Macyâ€s and the pearl hair vine is from Etsy, made by the seller ‘handwiredâ€

Flower Girl dresses: Ivory satin with a coral sash

Flower Girl Dresses, Flower Girl Dress, First Communion Dresses - Pink Princess

More to come...

Paloma Blanca wedding dress.doc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Kids

We have two flower girls (ages 3 and 6) and two ring bearers (age 7).

Gifts for the FGs are Sea Shell Trinket boxes with matching necklaces that say ‘Lil Sis and Big Sis. The necklaces are from Claireâ€s.

The RBs are getting cuff links engraved with their initials.

The trinket boxes and cuff links are from:

Wedding Favors Cheap Wedding Favors Bridal Shower Favors

So that you can see the approximate size when compared to the necklaces. FYI these are surprisingly-heavy boxes! Iâ€m surprised at how good their quality is.

More to come...

Reception Décor

We aren’t doing much for décor in our colors and aren’t doing centerpieces. We’re relying on the beauty of the setting. However, I did make Menu/Drink cards with the dinner menu on one side and our signature cocktail on the other. I also made picture frames with our grand parents’ photos. Both FI’s and my grandparents are deceased, so this is our way of honoring them. The tables will also have maracas (just for fun!), rose petals, and maybe tea light candles. We’re also considering bringing white lights to be hung up but will probably scrap that idea once we start packing!

The Menu/Drink cards

Menu Side

Drink Side

The place card holders for the Menu/Drink cards are from:

Wedding Favors Cheap Wedding Favors Bridal Shower Favors

FYI these are very cute in person but not durable or heavy. They are truly meant to hold nothing larger than a name card. Our menu cards are too top-heavy and they kept falling over so we reinforced them with washers from Home Depot.

The grandparents’ frames. For the inscription at the top I wrote, “With love they are remembered, in memory they live.”

The maracas are from:

Party Supplies for Fiesta, Cinco de Mayo, Mardi Gras, and New Years Eve | San Antonio | Amols' Fiesta Party Supplies

The fact that they came with “Mexico” already written on them was just an added bonus!! Especially for the price, these are large and good quality (made of wood). A helpful tip: These come with a very strong chemical smell so make sure you allow enough time to air them out before you pack them in a suitcase!

Our guest book: Dr. Seuss holds a special place in our hearts and so our guests are signing a copy of “Oh, the places you’ll go!”

It's a gift edition that comes in a hard shell:Click the image to open in full size.

The first page (seems appropriate!):

For the reception we got the kids sand art to play with. They’re fish magnets from Oriental Trading Company.

Party supplies, crafts, party decorations, toys: Oriental Trading

Miscellaneous Details

Our Save the Dates: They’re from Hallmark and say, “Life’s better in flip flops. Let’s get together!”

The picture frame we’re using for our sand ceremony. It has four different panes of glass and we’re going to pour the sand between the last two panes. (Thanks, Milejilo!!)

Umbra | Home

Flower Girl basket: I found this at Goodwill for $3.99 and painted it to match our colors!!

Our RB “pillows”: Our rings are being carried down the aisle in clam shell trinket boxes engraved with our names and wedding date. Since we have 2 RBs, each will carry one box with a ring. These are from Hanson Ellis.

Wedding Favors, Unique Wedding Favors, Bridal Shower Favors, Party Wedding Gifts - HansonEllis.com

My “Something Blue” is a tiny sea horse trinket (appx. ½”) that I’m going to have dangle from my sandals. I found it at Hobby Lobby. I think this little guy is probably my favorite detail of all!

Dry erase door tags for our guests. Thank you, KittenHeart! This is such a brilliant idea. Our guests can leave messages for each other or let us know where they are. Each guest will get one at check-in along with an itinerary/ceremony program. Sorry, I can’t tell you where to get the door tags because I bought them off a BDW bride.

Whew! Well that about wraps it up!

Great planning thread! You have a ton of details! I love the guest book... I have the same one signed from my graduation party :) The “Life’s better in flip flops" saying on the Save the Dates is adorable and I too love the seahorse charm on your shoes. Have a fabulous wedding and have fun every minute of your trip! Congrats!

Great job - you have so many wonderful details! I love what you did with the frame for your grandparents (I have that same frame, it's so pretty!)! May have to borrow your sand art idea for the kids, those are really cute. And I absolutely love that pic of your flower girl - she looks like a princess! :)