Photo

What time is your ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:14 AM

We are getting married at 2 pm on the beach at ROR, July 20. Because of the WC change, I haven't heard from the resort in over a month so no one will answer my weather questions.

Is 2pm a prime time rain time? If we have to move the ceremony indoors, does anyone think we'll still be able to have our beach reception? I know that someone wrote that it rains every day at 1 or 2....then it clears up and it's party time?

#62 kimberly333

kimberly333
    • 283 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

I'm getting maried at 3pm, really wanted 4pm but it was already booked. It should work out wonderful though!

#63 donutdjn

donutdjn
      • 419 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:34 PM

ive been told that 4pm is the most likely time for a rain shower - thats the time of my ceremony but im relaxed - what will be will be! :-)

#64 SDSteph

SDSteph
        • 812 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

we got screwed into a 1 o' clock wedding........now I am actually really excited about it! It will give us more time to celebrate........less pressure about having a reception.......I wont have to wait allllllllllll day to see my new husband! The chances of everyone showing up hammered is lower.........People wont have to sit around the resort and wait for a wedding to start! I love it and now am really exciited! There is positive in everything, we just have to find it. Yay!
          Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#65 AshleyL

AshleyL
          • 263 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

I chose 4pm. I wanted it to be a bit cooler and I didn't want too long between the ceremony and dinner.
            Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

#66 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
            • 188 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SDSteph
              we got screwed into a 1 o' clock wedding........now I am actually really excited about it! It will give us more time to celebrate........less pressure about having a reception.......I wont have to wait allllllllllll day to see my new husband! The chances of everyone showing up hammered is lower.........People wont have to sit around the resort and wait for a wedding to start! I love it and now am really exciited! There is positive in everything, we just have to find it. Yay!
              We originally had an 11am wedding but (thankfully) our flight sold out before the majority of our guests booked so we moved the wedding day to 10 days later. At the time I was kicking and screaming out of frustration but it was actually a blessing because now our ceremony is at 2 and the reason I am happy are all the reasons you listed. Now if I can just avoid the rain...

#67 luchdiamond

luchdiamond
              • 163 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

My hour is at 3pm but would have chosen a later time if it was available.

#68 Boo

Boo
                • 785 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:22 AM

deleted

#69 Pam061510

Pam061510
                  • 11 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:19 AM

I had to choose a time up until 2 pm and decided on 11 am.  I know it's early but it actually worked out well.  The sun was nice and bright and it was really breezy! There was enough time for cake cutting, first dance, mingling and lots of pics! After, everyone grabbed a bite & just relaxed until dinner time.

#70 DWBride615

DWBride615
                    • 852 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:39 PM

Probably will be around 6pm or so. We wanted the dinner reception to be right after and of course the partying after that for the night.

*~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users