Photo

What time is your ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 Leez309

Leez309
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:09 AM

That sounds really nice. I may have to copy some of your ideas! And yes, there are way too many good ideas. just when I think I know what i'm going to do, I read another good idea.

#22 ames

ames
    • 150 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

it sounds like you have a great plan set out :) good luck with everything and i can't wait to hear how everything turns out.

we had debated with this for a while but decided on a 2pm ceremony. we are planning on doing a tea ceremony after the wedding so wanted more time for that and pictures. we also tried to factor in the amt of sunlight and risk of rain.

good luck :)

#23 jodi_22n

jodi_22n
      • 122 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:49 AM

we are currently booked in for the 2pm slot although we didnt select this the travel agents did we were just specific on the date we wanted
        we have tried to request the 4pm slot but were told there is another wedding already on at 4pm so we will wait and see if it is free when we arrive
        xx

#24 kerrij

kerrij
        • 300 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

Our wedding was at 3:30...we didn't want to much time between ceremony and dinner at 630...i now wish we had our ceremony at 2. we didn't ahve much time for photos after the ceremony becuase you have the champagne toast and everyone wants to talk to you. our guests all just hung out at the terrace bar and mingled and enjoyed themselves. some went back to their room to freshen up, etc. also at 330 was when the clouds would usually come out and the wind would blow. annoying with the vail. i'd say 2ish would be the best time IMO!

#25 cwbykitty

cwbykitty
          • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:02 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by selassie11
            doesn't it though?...i will say one of the dangers of this forum is that it's giving me TOO many ideas...and i LOVE it! so TODAY, i'm leaning towards a sunday morning wedding, followed by a "mimosa hour", followed by a brunch. finish up about 1/1:30...guests (and newlyweds) have four hours to self (hang out by pool, laze in a hammock, go to beach) and then we take them on a sunset cruise as a final to-do. everybody checks out monday a.m. and we're off to the other side of the island for our honeymoon!

now of course, nothing's set with me yet. but i found this link 10.01.09 Christi and Scott | Excellence Riviera | Photos by Matt on an older thread and it reminded me how i love tropical mornings. i love how bright and vibrant to colors pop in the photos!
            I believe you can not get married in Jamaica on Sundays or Holidays

#26 StephAli

StephAli
            • 120 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:17 PM

My wedding is at 1pm....I wanted 2, but there is another wedding after mine, so they pushed me up to one....but I figured early afternoon would be really nice in the pix! All bright colours! And then we can still take some during sunset....hoping that we havent had too much to drink by then!

#27 Ashley*

Ashley*
              • 206 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:23 PM

I've planned mine for 5pm with reception at 630 that gives us time to get all our pictures in plus to gather with our guests for the cocktail hour. (Dreams Los Cabos)
                Dreams Los Cabos is where I'll be on four twenty-three, 2011.

#28 dmob

dmob
                • 71 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

Wedding at 5, coctails at 6, reception at 6:45.

#29 dmob

dmob
                  • 71 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

@donutdjn, my daughter's wedding is also during the hurricane season (in Sept), which when we booked we were unaware of, however, I believe that just like someone getting marry in the winter,where it may or may not snow, the bridal couple picks the best available time for them. We are going to purchase weather insurance, but I believe we all are going to have beautiful weather!!

#30 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
                    • 260 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by dmob
                      @donutdjn, my daughter's wedding is also during the hurricane season (in Sept), which when we booked we were unaware of, however, I believe that just like someone getting marry in the winter,where it may or may not snow, the bridal couple picks the best available time for them. We are going to purchase weather insurance, but I believe we all are going to have beautiful weather!!
                      What's weather insurance?? That's a new one that I have not heard of before...
                      I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users